Nebraska vs. Iowa State

Haspula

Iowa State Cyclones: 14-14 (1-12 in big 12)

Nebraska Cornhuskers: 18-9 (6-7 in big 12)

Date: Saturday, February 26, 2011

Time: 12:30pm CST/1:30pm EST, tip off at 12:40pm CST

Broadcast: Big 12 Network (Omaha: KXVO-CW, Lincoln/Hastings/Kearney: KLKN-ABC), ESPN3

Radio: Will be available when the game is close to starting

Alright, this may look like an easy game for the huskers. The only problem is we only have is that we only have 1 road win and that was against Oklahoma. Hope the huskers can show up and blowout the cyclones, we just need to get some sort of offense going with Almeida inside the paint or Diaz.

The Clowns are shorthanded, tired, beat down, bruised, thinned and underdogs. On paper this looks like a game Doc's crew should win. But alas, this wounded dog in the corner are the teams that NU seem to struggle with year after year and as proven this year NU can play down to its opponents especially on the road. I think Nu can pull off the W, but will not be shocked if it is a struggle(at Hilton, a graveyard for Doc's teams) or even the unthinkable.

The keys are the same like every game I post. I would expect to see a strong effort to pound it inside again. From there it is up to Diaz and Andre to go up strong and with a purpose to have any success with that game plan. And again alas, we have seen how often that works. Hopefully a couple of the guards show up and play huge roles, and I expect Jeter to play like we know not this abnomilly that showed up against KSU.

I wish I would be able to watch and post with all my other Nebrasketball locos, but again alas, I am heading to the cess pool to the west better known as Colorado for a couple of days of skiing. I will be sporting my Husker red on the slopes and looking for as many Buff toting hippies I can to mow over.

Best of luck to all, have good mosh pitting, er I mean posting, and please someone top my record of 94 post on a Nebrasketball game day. Howeever, I recomend not downing the bottle of Jack in the process otherwise Shawn Worjsan makes and appearance, and it ain't pretty.

Peace. GO BIG RED!!

Just noticed, ESPN was too lazy to do a preview write up for this game (can't really blame them with all the NCAAB games), but they have Standhardinger listed as our top rebounder with 5.5/game. :facepalm:

I agree with Redout, this really is a must win game. We cannot suffer a loss to a team this bad and still have reasonable or even Great Expectations (;)) to get into the tourney. We need to show we even have a pulse on the road, do well finishing out the schedule, and then impress when we get into the tourney. We still have a ton of people to win over.

Also, just curious... perhaps one of the more basketball savvy guys could fill me in...

Who do we want to win the Mizzou/KSU game? It's on ESPN right now, and KSU holds the edge 41-38 at half? Do we cheer for the team that just beat us or the one we have yet to play? I'd think Mizzou since we could then come back to beat them.

Also, just curious... perhaps one of the more basketball savvy guys could fill me in...

Who do we want to win the Mizzou/KSU game? It's on ESPN right now, and KSU holds the edge 41-38 at half? Do we cheer for the team that just beat us or the one we have yet to play? I'd think Mizzou since we could then come back to beat them.

KSU.. If missouri can start to struggle and we beat them, then we can maybe put them on the bubble.

If we win today and Missery loses, we are only a game back. A game we could make up on Tuesday and then Mizzou has to play KU after us. If we win out, Missery loses out we could take 5th in the Big 12.

5th means we get ISU in game one in the tourney, then another shot at KSU.

Correct me if i am wrong in my assumptions.

KSU.. If missouri can start to struggle and we beat them, then we can maybe put them on the bubble.

If we win today and Missery loses, we are only a game back. A game we could make up on Tuesday and then Mizzou has to play KU after us. If we win out, Missery loses out we could take 5th in the Big 12.

5th means we get ISU in game one in the tourney, then another shot at KSU.

Correct me if i am wrong in my assumptions.

No, that sounds great. You obviously put more thought in than myself. Thought about it for all of about 10 seconds. I just really want another shot at KSU/Pullen now. He's a douche because:

A) He said he wouldn't play if they went to the NIT. What a tool

B) The beard. We all know what it really looks like... like something you should trim in the shower. ;)