Husker football camp

My nephew who is a freshman in high school received a letter inviting to the elite quarterback camp at UNL. My sister isn't sure or not if he will go and I thought I'd ask all of you opinions as to whether or not he should. He also plays baseball, and does 2 other team football camps, so she was wondering if adding this other camp would be worthwhile. I told her that he would get looked at by the coaches, and since he wants to play div. 1 ball, preferably at UNL, this would be a good thing for him to do. What are your thoughts.

My nephew who is a freshman in high school received a letter inviting to the elite quarterback camp at UNL. My sister isn't sure or not if he will go and I thought I'd ask all of you opinions as to whether or not he should. He also plays baseball, and does 2 other team football camps, so she was wondering if adding this other camp would be worthwhile. I told her that he would get looked at by the coaches, and since he wants to play div. 1 ball, preferably at UNL, this would be a good thing for him to do. What are your thoughts.

If he's good, the faster he gets he name out and in front of coaches the better. Also if he is good, he should only do one day camps unless your sister is trying to get him out the house....LOL!!! Good Luck!!

Also if he is good, he should only do one day camps

He doesn't do any solo camps, they do 2 team camps. He is pretty good, fast runner, good arm. As a freshman last year he played special teams on Varsity and returned 1 kick off and one punt for touchdowns. He was the back up quarter back and scored at least one TD per game. I keep trying to tell my sister that this is a great opportunity and baseball can go on without him for 3 days, even though he is the starting pitcher.

Yes he will be a sophomore this fall. I think my sister said that they would waive the deposit amount, so $100 off I think. He plays For a small town in Nebraska, Class D 8 man football. Was 6th in the state as a 6th grader in the punt pass kick, and where he lives there isn't Pee Wee football, he didn't play organized football until 7th grade. I think he's pretty good for a 15 year old, but I'm biased :)

Yes he will be a sophomore this fall. I think my sister said that they would waive the deposit amount, so $100 off I think. He plays For a small town in Nebraska, Class D 8 man football. Was 6th in the state as a 6th grader in the punt pass kick, and where he lives there isn't Pee Wee football, he didn't play organized football until 7th grade. I think he's pretty good for a 15 year old, but I'm biased :)

it's not eustis farnam is it? i'd hate to have to cheer for a family member.

say youre forty years old, sittin at the tailgate...

would you bring up, "i had an invite to go to the camp, but didnt go, but i played a decent baseball game that day in...' or would you tell the story about how you went, who you saw, who you threw to?

what does he want to do?

for reference:

Elite Quaterback Academy

Space is limited in the Elite Quarterback Academy. The camp will focus on the fundamentals of the quarterback position including footwork, throwing motion, and reading coverage. The Elite Quarterback Academy is for student-athletes entering Grades 10-12.

What to Bring: Comfortable shorts, shirts and football shoes. For live-in campers, sheets and pillowcases will be provided. Please bring toiletries (such as toothbrush and toothpaste, soap, deodorant, etc), a bath towel, and a blanket if you have a tendency to get cold at night (the residence halls are air conditioned).

* June 12-14, 2011

* Commuter - $350

* Overnight - $400

Big Red Football School

Its a general camp overall, for quarterback prospects....my opinion is that he would learn many skills, not only related to football, by attending it though. Perhaps he would not have to attend this year, eh?

Give a little more info on your biased prospect, and maybe you can find a way to sponsor him. ;) If he is at such a small school, its unlikely they attend the team camp. Standing on that field turf can do wonders for a young mans confidence and goals.

what does he want to do?

He wants to play division 1 college football, preferably at Nebraska.

Give a little more info on your biased prospect, and maybe you can find a way to sponsor him.

He is a 15 year old freshman at a small Nebraska High School (near Kearney). He has played football since 7th grade, no pop warner in his area. He's 5'11, 160 lbs. Runs track, plays basketball and baseball, all around good athlete. (He plays varsity Basketball too, going to state in Basketball this year, as they have the last few years) Hard worker, when we were home over Christmas was at the weight room every day for at least 2 hours (over break!!!!!) knows he needs to bulk up, and has worked with the football coach since in the 6th grade. Unfortunately his coach is leaving this year and that has him worried (coach had been able to in the past help players with scholarships to NE, KS, KState, UNK, Chadreon, etc.)

I wouldn't know how to go about getting him sponsored into the camp, he does fund raising already for his team camp.

Great kid, good grades, good athlete, good nephew.