CONGDON

skers

If he could just kick the ball out of the endzone. His leg strength needs to get better, otherwise I agree he's been very good.

It would be nice, but depending on the situation it isn't necessary.

More than a couple games this year the strategy seemed to be to kick it high enough and inside the 10. So the coverage can get down there and make a play inside the 20.

If he could just kick the ball out of the endzone. His leg strength needs to get better, otherwise I agree he's been very good.

It would be nice, but depending on the situation it isn't necessary.

More than a couple games this year the strategy seemed to be to kick it high enough and inside the 10. So the coverage can get down there and make a play inside the 20.

If I remember correctly, he only attempted a couple of FG beyond 40 yds, and one was at CU????

He certainly needs to improve his leg strength, and getting air under the ball, the Alamo bowl proved that.

...the Alamo bowl proved that.

How?

Besides, we were talking kick offs, not field goals.

Did he put any balls into the EZ on his kickoffs??

Was he supposed to? I think he kicked off once.

They guy is the #1 FG kicker, but he doesnt have enough leg strength to be the #1 kickoff guy. <_< The KO guy even has trouble getting balls into the EZ.

Im not bashing the kid. It is what it is. He doesnt have a strong leg at this point in his career, and many of his FGs look like line-drives.

Was he accurate this year and deserving of frosh AA condsideration, yes. Does he have a strong leg, no, and we had this discussion early in the year when I was told that "maybe the plan is for him to kick the ball to the 10 and let the coverage do its job".

Its obvious that he needs to strengthen his kicking leg, why are we even having this little skirmish??

Its obvious that he needs to strengthen his kicking leg, why are we even having this little skirmish??

Should he strengthen is leg even if it means sacrificing accuracy?

And why? Because I think it's obvious it takes more than a strong leg to be a good FG kicker.

Should he strengthen is leg even if it means sacrificing accuracy?

And why? Because I think it's obvious it takes more than a strong leg to be a good FG kicker.

I guess if you want to risk giving the opponent the ball between the 30-40 yard line almost every kickoff, then having a strong kicking leg isnt too important.

Field position is important in the game of football too. Or would you disagree??