CONGDON

skers

I know I'm off subject here, but I can't resist commenting on Alabama's winning kick -- that was the ugliest FG I've ever seen. I was stunned that kick made it through the crossbars. (Ok, if you need to move this, no problem)

Haha, yea it was.

Its obvious that he needs to strengthen his kicking leg, why are we even having this little skirmish??

Should he strengthen is leg even if it means sacrificing accuracy?

And why? Because I think it's obvious it takes more than a strong leg to be a good FG kicker.

I guess if you want to risk giving the opponent the ball between the 30-40 yard line almost every kickoff, then having a strong kicking leg isnt too important.

Field position is important in the game of football too. Or would you disagree??

I don't think our opponents got the ball between the 30-40 yard line to start, for the most part, this year. Now, Michigan was different. It would have helped to have a kicker kick it through the endzone in that game so that Breaston couldn't return the ball.

Overall though, I don't think other teams hurt us in the kick return game much this year. Rigoni and the kickoff team seem to do a great job covering those "short" kickoffs.

I would have liked to see him at least attempt a 50 yarder this year. I donno if he can make it or not, but my assumption is that he can't. That is why BC went for it so many times when we were between the 25 and 35 yardline. I would like to see this kid increase his distance so he can hit the 50 yarder. A team with a fg kicker that can make it at that distance has a major weapon.

I know I'm off subject here, but I can't resist commenting on Alabama's winning kick -- that was the ugliest FG I've ever seen. I was stunned that kick made it through the crossbars. (Ok, if you need to move this, no problem)

They had a sound byte from a Bama radio announcer. He was halfway laughing when he said "that was the most beautiful kick he has ever seen" :clap

i miss a lot of predicts, but i got this one correct......said it last summer or early fall before the season started......."Congdon will be excellent and win a game or 2 for us".......my 2006 prediction......"Cody Glenn comes on big time this year....and surprises a lot of people, even his coaches".

hunter

i miss a lot of predicts, but i got this one correct......said it last summer or early fall before the season started......."Congdon will be excellent and win a game or 2 for us".......my 2006 prediction......"Cody Glenn comes on big time this year....and surprises a lot of people, even his coaches".

hunter

The sky will also be blue… and the field will be green.

I really don’t think Glenn is going to surprise a lot of people, well knowledgeable husker fans anyways. I think most of us here understand that he is already a force to be reckoned with, and with a better line and Ross outta there he will show that. I cant wait til next year…. wooo

So, is there any question anymore as to why congdon got the start? Not a bad year from a freshman.

I'm still not sold on him. I think he did improve somewhat on getting his kicks higher but his leg is not real strong at this point. He's terrible at kick offs and I wouldn't have much for confidence in him over 40 yards even getting it there. Hopefully he continues to improve.

I'm still not sold on him. I think he did improve somewhat on getting his kicks higher but his leg is not real strong at this point. He's terrible at kick offs and I wouldn't have much for confidence in him over 40 yards even getting it there. Hopefully he continues to improve.

Didn't see this coming. :wacko: What do you want? He made flippin 82% of his field goals. Your boy Dyches made 66%. Last time I checked he only kicked off if we needed it put high or if we squibbed it. He was a freakin Freshman All American for crying out loud. I'm sure FSU and Penn State wished they had him since their kickers missed field goals within the 40 yard range.