Former MADD Chapter President charges with DUI

For years, I thought MADD's slogan was "Friends don't let friends drive drunks," which always confused me, because that seems to negate the concept of the designated driver.

I'm glad no one was hurt when former MADD chapter president Debra Oberlin was busted with an alleged BAC of .234

Ooops!

Isn't that what they call poetic justice? MADD and their supporters have browbeat the government into lowering the blood alcohol content to .008 for drivers so that makes most women legally drunk after drinking one cocktail after work (this lady's .234 reading would indicate she drank the whole bottle).

Driving impairment at .008 is negligible, like tuning your car radio, but can ruin your whole life if you are stopped by police at a roadblock, etc. In the meantime, the streets and highways have become a death zone caused by cell phone users. I have been crashed into twice in the past year by people talking on cellphones. There was another very near miss. Nothing illegal about that is it MADD?

This is a comment to the article. An excellent comment which I agree with.

Just drive safe everyone. The numbers don't mean anything A cab or a sober friend are so much better than the alternative. The cell phone thing is probably way more dangerous, after all every one has one. Putting on make up on the way to work is bad too. I once saw a woman driving on a fairly busy street while talking on her phone with one hand and smoking with the other. I found it amazing that she was able to steer her car with her teats.

T_O_B

:facepalm:

I've only seen a handful of drunk drivers in my lifetime..and done more than I care to admit of it myself back in my suicidal teen and college years.

I even thought I was sharing a lane and a half? with one this afternoon that the driver was so young..might have just been a bad driver.

But the cell phone thing gets really bad sometimes.

The commute home the other day, 4 lanes of "Iceholes and Antlers" for as far as the eye could see..finally started moving faster than I could walk..pretty soon..it seems like we can all go the customary 74 mph in a 65 hwy...But NOOOOOHHooh! 86 airhaulers (what we call pickups), 47 Mormon Wagons with soccer Moms, a dozen BeeMers, a cute co-ed in a new VW Beetle are intermixed in all four lanes going 50..ALL on Cell Phones!!!

They're worse than the Snow Birds and the Beisbol nerds that are starting to show up for Spring Training.

:rant