Big Ten, ABC/ESPN discussing possible changes to TV contract

The Biggest thing about this for Nebraska is that it will probably allow us to play on Black Friday against Iowa.

Is this true? or are you just guessing? because this is an absolute necessary!

I dont think we would get that spot on black friday, atleast on ABC.

I read somewhere that Iowa/Nebraska game will be on saturday after Thanksgiving for next 2 years, atleast. This may change it, but dont hold your breath.

I dont think Iowa wants to play us on black friday for some reason.

The biggest thing I could see happening is BigTen games moving to Thursday Night ESPN games. ESPN loves having Nebraska on the Thursday night line up. I wouldnt be surprised if ESPN pushes one of the early BigTen games to a Thursday night.

It isn't that the fans or the athletic department don't want to (I don't know about the AD but the fans really want Friday) - but when the game is in Iowa City it can't be on Friday. The stadium is immediately next to the hospital and all of the parking used for football games both immediately next to the stadium and further out are used by the hospital and other university students and personnel during the week. While those areas used by students wouldn't be a problem due to it being a holiday, that Friday is still a normal work day which means no parking for football. Now maybe they will eventually get something worked out but given that the hospital has tried at least twice to force the stadium to move to a less desirable location so that they can expand into that space I would be surprised. For as much money as football brings in - the hospital is still bigger and more well known.

Thank you for summing up Iowa football :)

Huskers.com on Twitter:

Just announced: Nebraska #Huskers vs. Iowa football game set for the Friday after Thanksgiving in both 2011 and 2012.

Link to twitter- http://twitter.com/#!/Huskers/status/44843801063333888

Link to article- http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205111193&DB_OEM_ID=100

Damn you are fast. Just saw this and was going to point this out. Great tradition to continue. I love it!

The Biggest thing about this for Nebraska is that it will probably allow us to play on Black Friday against Iowa.

Is this true? or are you just guessing? because this is an absolute necessary!

I dont think we would get that spot on black friday, atleast on ABC.

I read somewhere that Iowa/Nebraska game will be on saturday after Thanksgiving for next 2 years, atleast. This may change it, but dont hold your breath.

I dont think Iowa wants to play us on black friday for some reason.

The biggest thing I could see happening is BigTen games moving to Thursday Night ESPN games. ESPN loves having Nebraska on the Thursday night line up. I wouldnt be surprised if ESPN pushes one of the early BigTen games to a Thursday night.

It isn't that the fans or the athletic department don't want to (I don't know about the AD but the fans really want Friday) - but when the game is in Iowa City it can't be on Friday. The stadium is immediately next to the hospital and all of the parking used for football games both immediately next to the stadium and further out are used by the hospital and other university students and personnel during the week. While those areas used by students wouldn't be a problem due to it being a holiday, that Friday is still a normal work day which means no parking for football. Now maybe they will eventually get something worked out but given that the hospital has tried at least twice to force the stadium to move to a less desirable location so that they can expand into that space I would be surprised. For as much money as football brings in - the hospital is still bigger and more well known.

I thought that was one of the reason that the game couldnt be Iowa City on black friday. I thought it was just Iowa fans blowing smoke up our arses.

Guess I was wrong about on Nebraska/Iowa on black friday. sucks though I have to work during the day. I hope its a 2:30pm game, even better if its a night game, highly doubt it though.

I just hope they change up those early games. 11 o'clock games are fine but I would prefer if they were later in the day.

Given the TV pull that Nebraska is going to have - especially in this first season - I would guess you guys will be safe from most 11 am games. You will probably have at most 4 on the season and 2 of those will be non-conference probably.