NU to Continue Thanksgiving Friday Tradition

I thought Penn St was your appointed rival? It won't be permanant end of the season?

While we're here, did the Big10 reschedule the entire conference in just one year?

Penn State is the appointed cross-division game. IDK if they ment it to be a rivalry game or not, but I am sure it will be a big game every year, as every Big10 game should be. It wasn't scheduled to be the Thanksgiving weekend game though - NU/Iowa was set that weekend when they released the schedule.

If Iowa doesn't want to play us on the Friday after Thanksgiving I'm sure we could find someone who does. Minny or Wiscy or PSU - someone wants the national spotlight that game brings.

If im not mistaken wisconsin tried to get us to sign a deal to play them on black friday but we turned it down. By the way I encourage you all to read iowas message boards more often. There are quite a few spitting uneducated opinions

Wisconsin wanted us as their cross division rival, but that didn't happen. We didn't turn anything down.

If Iowa doesn't want to play us on the Friday after Thanksgiving I'm sure we could find someone who does. Minny or Wiscy or PSU - someone wants the national spotlight that game brings.

If im not mistaken wisconsin tried to get us to sign a deal to play them on black friday but we turned it down. By the way I encourage you all to read iowas message boards more often. There are quite a few spitting uneducated opinions

Wisconsin wanted us as their cross division rival, but that didn't happen. We didn't turn anything down.

Wisconsin was fighting to be in the Legends division and ship Iowa over to the Leaders division. Between the two schools, one of us was going to end up separated from our natural rivals. Thankfully things ended up as they did. I do remember reading somewhere back when things were announced that Tom was asked his preference on Iowa or Wisconsin and he stated that Iowa made more sense being the border school.

:corndance I am glad it isn't CU anymore, they just gave me indigestion after eating all the left-over turkey. Too bad it couldn't be a traditional game with Penn State, since that is supposedly our rivalry game now, but it might be fun to come up with a trophy or something along the lines of farming/corn/etc. with this game with Iowa. Not sure what we could come up with that would be original, and last. The thing about this Friday game that is really good for both programs is that it gives them some national exposure.

I've very excited, as I live right on the border. Iowa normally has great defenses and crappy offences so it will be a chess game of defenses. I love it! Someday this could prove to be a great rivalry. Both fan bases are extremely proud and aren't afraid to travel. I look forward to ruining many of their holidays and fueling their hatred.