tressel situation

Did he actually ever lie? I read an article this morning that stated while he withheld information that he never actually lied. When he was asked about the emails, he then fessed up to having them and when he obtained them. While I realize some/a lot believe withholding information is the same as lieing, I'm not sure he actually ever lied.

He did lie about it. NCAA bylaws require every coach to sign a certificate of compliance at the start of every year that says something to the effect of, "I have reported all known violations of NCAA rules to our compliance officer and the NCAA compliance committee." Knowing what he knew, he lied by signing that.

Did he actually ever lie? I read an article this morning that stated while he withheld information that he never actually lied. When he was asked about the emails, he then fessed up to having them and when he obtained them. While I realize some/a lot believe withholding information is the same as lieing, I'm not sure he actually ever lied.

He did lie about it. NCAA bylaws require every coach to sign a certificate of compliance at the start of every year that says something to the effect of, "I have reported all known violations of NCAA rules to our compliance officer and the NCAA compliance committee." Knowing what he knew, he lied by signing that.

:yeah