tressel situation

I will put the over/under at 5 years probation.

Under, by far. If they get probation it won't be more than USC's two years.

I think this situation is looking far worse than USC's.

Reggie Bush accepted gifts in excess of $100K. The Tattoo Five received, max, $10K worth of services. Both Carroll and Tressell lied about it. If they only gave USC two years, they won't give OSU more.

Did he actually ever lie? I read an article this morning that stated while he withheld information that he never actually lied. When he was asked about the emails, he then fessed up to having them and when he obtained them. While I realize some/a lot believe withholding information is the same as lieing, I'm not sure he actually ever lied.

I will put the over/under at 5 years probation.

Under, by far. If they get probation it won't be more than USC's two years.

I think this situation is looking far worse than USC's.

Reggie Bush accepted gifts in excess of $100K. The Tattoo Five received, max, $10K worth of services. Both Carroll and Tressell lied about it. If they only gave USC two years, they won't give OSU more.

I see your point but they never proved that Carroll knew, here Tressell left emails and contacts with Ray the buyer of said rings and clothes etc.

They may get more but I don't care as long as the Huskers remain above it all.

As i understand it, the email was sent on the condition that the information not be shared which put JT between a huge rock and a very hard place. In retrospect, he'd probably would have or should have gone back to the attorney and said that he couldn't comply with the request for silence and acted. What we don't know is what he actually did or said and to whom. In my mind, this doesn't even come close to Pete Carroll's lack of oversight or purchasing the services of a quarterback.

The amount of violations alone is enough to condem most coaches but Tressel is paraded around as this figure of integrity.

I've seen this posted too many times to stay quiet about it.

This is over a 10 year period of self reported violations across all 39 varsity sports. Not just football. Not only that, but 95% of these were someone was in a dinner where someone else was and that shouldn't have happened. Or an athlete was at a party with a former athlete and the former athlete said hi.

Wow Tressel knowingly lies to the NCAA and people on this board are almost apologizing for him. It amazes me what a sweater vest and some glasses can do to pull a blind eye over people. The amount of violations alone is enough to condem most coaches but Tressel is paraded around as this figure of integrity. I makes me sick to look at him. I hope he stays at that school that loses to the SEC on a consistent baises and makes the conference that our beloved huskers recently joined look bad. I hate everything about Ohio State and hate everything about the favoritism shown to them by the NCAA. Allowing those players to play in that bowl game was a discrace. I hope Nebraska beats them so bad that Tressel gives all his sweater vest to NU fans to burn in downtown Lincoln.

Tressel’s contract stated explicitly he must report any potential violations of NCAA rules by his players immediately to the University administration (which he obliviously did not do) or be terminated from coaching the football team.

No it says he could. It doesn't say definite.

You know guys we do not know the whole story. Did he make a mistake in what he did most likley, but things are not always as they seem. I remember a Nebraska coach and a certain player, a girl drug downstairs and how it was handled. We all feel that coach made a mistake, but not the level he was accused of. I think we take the high road, and say Coach Tressel is a good guy, that made a mistake and move on.

As an Ohio State fan, I was curious how fans of other Big Ten schools were viewing this situation. I, for one, appreciate the civility expressed by the majority of the Husker fans here. I expected as such.

The Ohio State family knows that we have a problem here and that our coach didn't make the proper decision.. and also that there will be possibly further sanctions added on by the NCAA. We are prepared to deal with them.

I am one who believes that although what coach Tressel did was wrong, due to the amount of good he has done for the community and the university both on and off the field, he should not and will not be fired.

The comparison I make is an employee at a major corporation who builds the company into a huge success over a 10 year period, then makes an obvious mistake. You don't get rid of them.. shoot.. in the military, they normally get promoted.. in this case.. he owned up to the mistake and is willing to face the music.

This will pass, sooner or later and in September, the football season will begin right on schedule.

Our storied programs will begin playing each other and I predict a new rivalry will ensue.

Hopefully we will develop the same type of good Big Ten rivalry that one would expect with a good healthy respect for each other.

I am the type of fan that hopes even Michigan wins all of their games leading up to our match up (mainly so we can dash their hopes I admit). But I do root for all Big Ten teams out of conference and for the top tier teams to go undefeated right up until we play them :)

Again.. I appreciate the sentiments of the majority of the posters here and look forward to continue interaction with Husker fans here and on our local boards.

Thanks

Rok

You know guys we do not know the whole story. Did he make a mistake in what he did most likley, but things are not always as they seem. I remember a Nebraska coach and a certain player, a girl drug downstairs and how it was handled. We all feel that coach made a mistake, but not the level he was accused of. I think we take the high road, and say Coach Tressel is a good guy, that made a mistake and move on.

Is it a lack of institutional control or a contempt of the rules that Jim-Lane Kiffin-Tressel operates under? Cut from the same cloth the way they dance around the bylaws.