tressel situation

I'm as big and as loyal a Husker fan as anyone else around here but have to admit that although Pelini has done well getting Nebraska respectable again you can't be so blind as to give him all the credit. If he coached anywhere else you probably would hate his guts for his "Bobby Knight" behaviour. The turn around happened when TO took over. It all starts at the top. But regardless....Who recruited Suh and Prince? Alex Henery and Helu? I think it was the University of Nebraska!

What exactly has Bo done as a head coach to deserve to be considered for the Ohio State job? As far as I can tell, absolutely nothing. He is not leaving. No one wants him. Get over this Bo is the greatest coach in America garbage. He may well be in the future, but at this time he is not.

You mean other than taking a defense from worst in Div. I to best in two seasons? Other than taking a program that had alienated its fan base and former players and turning it into a source of pride for the state? Other than taking a program that had become totally irrelevant in the national media and turning it into a point of widespread public interest again?

Callahan talked about restoring the order, but Bo actually did that in three short seasons. He took us from 5-7 in 2007 to 10-4 in 2010, with three of those losses coming by 7 points or less.

Yep, that's all he's done. :clap

How blind are you guys.

He has done nothing of value to another Major University.

Texas, LSU, Auburn, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Florida, USC, Oregon, Arkansas, Iowa, Penn State, Florida State and a few others would never give him a look. He has won nothing as a head coach other than the weak Big 12 north, which is considered a joke by most in college football. His team got run at the last bowl game, lost 3 out of the last four. Finishing is required. He has not done that while at Nebraska, close but not done.

He is a good coach, and most likely will get to the level you think he is at. But he is not there yet, the program is not there yet, and until we have an offense it will not get there. I have no idea if his hires are the answer. Callahan sounded good at one time if you remember correctly.

Nebraska fans think he walks on water, because we were at such a low level. He has raised hope, changed the attitude possibly, if you do not count the final four games of the year.

Again, I like him and want him here, but I think we would have to fire him to get rid of him, and I do not see that happening anytime soon. Unless we see another melt down on the sidelines. He will be gone or near it if it happens again is my guess. He has some boosters that are not happy with his antics, I can assure you.

Just my oppinion, different from most, but realistic as always.

How blind are you guys.

He has done nothing of value to another Major University.

Texas, LSU, Auburn, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Florida, USC, Oregon, Arkansas, Iowa, Penn State, Florida State and a few others would never give him a look. He has won nothing as a head coach other than the weak Big 12 north, which is considered a joke by most in college football. His team got run at the last bowl game, lost 3 out of the last four. Finishing is required. He has not done that while at Nebraska, close but not done.

He is a good coach, and most likely will get to the level you think he is at. But he is not there yet, the program is not there yet, and until we have an offense it will not get there. I have no idea if his hires are the answer. Callahan sounded good at one time if you remember correctly.

Nebraska fans think he walks on water, because we were at such a low level. He has raised hope, changed the attitude possibly, if you do not count the final four games of the year.

Again, I like him and want him here, but I think we would have to fire him to get rid of him, and I do not see that happening anytime soon. Unless we see another melt down on the sidelines. He will be gone or near it if it happens again is my guess. He has some boosters that are not happy with his antics, I can assure you.

Just my oppinion, different from most, but realistic as always.

Blind Eye? I would think there are a few major programs out there, keeping an eye on Bo. I don't know why you don't think he is a hot ticket, for someone to test his loyalty to Nebraska, very soon. AD's and fans look at wins. Bo can bring that. Are we over last year, I am, after another "ten" win season. I hope we can show him the type of support his winning and recruiting of good players as well as good citizens, should warrant. This program is respected again, thanks to Bo and Tom. You don't have to win the NC, to see the type of coach Bo is going to be.

Be glad he is here, and hope he stays, people.

GBR!!!

• Fire 1

Stewart Mandel writes a very good column on the Tressel Confession:

There's no buying Tressel and Ohio St.'s defense for coach's violation

Jim Tressel's Ohio State teams annually field one of the best defenses in the nation. Jim Tressel's personal defense for why he withheld knowledge of potential NCAA violations would be fortunate to give up 50 points per game.

Let's be honest: No one but the most scarlet-and-gray blinded die-hard could possibly buy the explanation being given by the coach and his employer behind an inexplicable lack of judgment that will cost him at least two games and $250,000. It's thinner than the Buckeyes' depth chart for their first five games next season.

Jim Tressel's Ohio State teams annually field one of the best defenses in the nation. Jim Tressel's personal defense for why he withheld knowledge of potential NCAA violations would be fortunate to give up 50 points per game.

Let's be honest: No one but the most scarlet-and-gray blinded die-hard could possibly buy the explanation being given by the coach and his employer behind an inexplicable lack of judgment that will cost him at least two games and $250,000. It's thinner than the Buckeyes' depth chart for their first five games next season.

I am an Ohio State fan and I don't what to think about the current situation. The people that liked Tressel before this will continue to do the same and those who hated him before this will also continue.

At the end of the day, what he did was wrong and OSU was in the process of self reporting the violation. Yahoo just made the story come out a bit faster. If they suspend him for the 2 games or the season, it is what OSU has to live by.

I am an Ohio State fan and I don't what to think about the current situation but to say that article was "very good" is far from the truth. The article comes across vindictive and more of a amateur blog like feel. The people that like Tressel before this will continue to do the same and those who hated him before this will also continue.

At the end of the day, what he did was wrong and OSU was in the process of self reporting the violation. Yahoo just made the story come out a bit faster. If they suspend him for the 2 games or the season, it is what OSU has to live by.

To me it comes across as an article written by a guy tired of the NCAA double-standard. tOSU should have had to sit the Tat Five for the bowl game. When they didn't, it reeked of a deal being cut. Stewie was firing a shot across the NCAA's bow with that article, saying that if they don't do something this time, there'll be hell to pay in the aftermath.

I understand where you're coming from with the tone - it was a column, not a news article, though. He expressed opinion that he couldn't if he was just reporting facts. He also hasn't said anything that is wrong in that column.

I am an Ohio State fan and I don't what to think about the current situation but to say that article was "very good" is far from the truth. The article comes across vindictive and more of a amateur blog like feel. The people that like Tressel before this will continue to do the same and those who hated him before this will also continue.

To me it comes across as an article written by a guy tired of the NCAA double-standard. tOSU should have had to sit the Tat Five for the bowl game. When they didn't, it reeked of a deal being cut. Stewie was firing a shot across the NCAA's bow with that article, saying that if they don't do something this time, there'll be hell to pay in the aftermath.

I understand where you're coming from with the tone - it was a column, not a news article, though. He expressed opinion that he couldn't if he was just reporting facts. He also hasn't said anything that is wrong in that column.

Sorry, I edited my post because I had two pages open on my computer (the other being a ESPN column) and I commented on the wrong one.

Deal being cut or not, it hurt OSU more playing them in the game. If they would have taken the loss because the players didn't play, most people wouldn't have come down on OSU as hard. It will be an interesting year in Columbus and I am sure more will come out about the situation. I think most OSU fans are glad it wasn't OSU or a booster giving recruits money. Saying that, I don't mean to diminish the wrong that Tressel did.

Funny how something like this can overshadow a great year the basketball team is having. Football really is king in Ohio despite having some great basketball products come out of this state.

Deal being cut or not, it hurt OSU more playing them in the game. If they would have taken the loss because the players didn't play, most people wouldn't have come down on OSU as hard.

That's bullsh#t. People still give sh#t about Maurice Clarrett and Ohio State was exhonerated of any wrongdoing with it.

Sorry, I edited my post because I had two pages open on my computer (the other being a ESPN column) and I commented on the wrong one.

Deal being cut or not, it hurt OSU more playing them in the game. If they would have taken the loss because the players didn't play, most people wouldn't have come down on OSU as hard. It will be an interesting year in Columbus and I am sure more will come out about the situation. I think most OSU fans are glad it wasn't OSU or a booster giving recruits money. Saying that, I don't mean to diminish the wrong that Tressel did.

Funny how something like this can overshadow a great year the basketball team is having. Football really is king in Ohio despite having some great basketball products come out of this state.

You guys will get over this soon enough. Ohio St has a rich tradition and this little blip won't change that. It might cost you a game or two this year, but you guys should be up and running as good as new next season. Look forward to many great games against each other in the coming years, and good luck to your basketball team this tourney.

GBR!!!