shell shocked???

This is a very talented team. Moreso than lanst year. If you remember they lost to NM last year prior to playing us. They continously improved and their fan base feels this is the best team they have ever had. Some are picking them over Texas, I have my doubts on that.

Last year we did not have a defense. Many players were fighting the staff. Some never bought into what Coz was trying to do. This year they have bought in. And if they didn't my guess is McKeon would kill them.

We still do not match up well with their receivers. Still too small and not a lot of experience. But this year we will have a pass rush and LB's with speed to cover their over the middle guy. We will let some go for sure, but I look for a major attack on the QB. And a lot more running. I do not want to see us try to outscore Tech in a track meet. We lose. Grind it out and beat the hell out of their line, the left side is weak according to their fans. And introduce Cody to the new turf on a regular basis. I do not think they can protect him as well as ISU did Meyers.

This is the best team we face until the CCG if we get there and it may be them again who knows. This is the deciding game of the season as it was last year.

I think after watching McKeon play we are really in this game. If the Offense can move the ball, and I see no reason they won't, our defense will be well rested. This is a major part. If they get tired from being up and down the field all day we will have problems. The offense has to win this game for us. It has to take some of the preasure off of the Defense.

I think this game will see more rushing attempts then passes on our part. If we do not continuously pound the ball down their throat and limit the passing game, we will win. Texas Tech will NOT be phased by our "WEST COAST OFFENSE". They went up against a pure west coast offense last year in CAL and look what they did to them. There's nothing we can throw at Tech that they haven't seen already.

From what I am hearing they are more worried about Cory Ross than anything. They expect us to run it up the gut. They will concentrating on stopping Cory. There will be a spy on him the whole game.

I have not heard anything from them that sounds like over confidence this year. They think they will win but do expect a very hard fought battle.

I am hearing we will see some trick plays form what has been going on at practice this year. None have been ran and some feel they are for our aggressive defense.

TOP...........TOP.............TOP.............this IS THE GAME.......where our offense has to hold the ball longer than theirs'...........50/50 run pass on our side, turnovers off of them, hit the QB hard, bust them, collapse the pocket, .......yes we will give up some big plays, but lots of pressure should put some INT's in our pocket, turnovers is how we win this one......maybe, just maybe.....we establish the run between the tackles, maybe we even see glenn a little bit, we should use draw plays like Coleman and ISU used against us? cally will not be out coached, but our players may be out played.......we shall see...they are good but NOT THE SAME TEAM as last year........and neither are we........we can do this!

hunter

The D needs to keep the pass plays in front of them. Based on what we saw against ISU, I think the Huskers can do it. If Nebraska limits TT's big plays and gives them short stuff and makes sure tackles, TT will have problems in the red zone because of the lack of space. After that, Taylor and the offense just need to do their part and that is get 1st downs, no turnovers, eat up clock, and capitalize in the red zone. I can't wait till Saturday!

26 of 26 in the red zone does not seem like they will have problems to me. The key is the offense must put points on the board. The defense will not be able to hold this offense. They will get their points. We need to slow down Hodges, with a lot of hits. If he gets into a rythem and we can not handle their 3 step drop it will be long game. I have hopes the LB play will be what it has been. That will help on the short over the middle stuff they like. We are terribly overmatched in the secondary. Hands up and some blitzs. If we go 3 man rush I think we lose and quickly. We will see if Coz learned from last year. I think he has.

This is going to be a very good game. Tech has a lot of talent, but very little experience in competition this year. That could be a major advantage for us. I think we win this game but it will be another heart attack waiting to happen if we do.

For some reason I'm much more optimistic about this game than I was a few weeks ago. Last year we went to Lubbock and played a pretty good 1st half. If not for Fabian being beat deep at the end of the 1st half, we would have trailed 17-7 at the half. We had some opportunities in the 1st half to score and didn't capitalize.

I think the way our defense is playing, along with the success our offense can have, if we can stop a track-meet from happening we have a very good shot at winning this game. We probably aren't gonna have a bobble-head QB get thrown to the wolves on Saturday and we should be able to blast their QB a few times.

NU 26, TT 24