Officiating

DaveH

Anyone else think that the officiating to this point in the season has been less than par? Especially in the trenches. It seems that there were plenty of people with handfulls of jersey on Saturday that never got called. Anyone else have any input on this topic?

I noticed that there were alot of questionable pass interference penalties, both called and missed, and it wasnt just onNU. I think that both NU and ISU could have complaints on quite a few plays Saturday.

As far as holding penalties :wacko: I have totally given up on them. Holding could be called on every single play in football, but the refs have changed the game so that they only call it when a players gets a limb tore off.

Kind of a shame. :wtf

It seems like there are lots of noncalls for holding... I don't know why that is. Every time I see the Nebraska defense struggle, it's usually because we can't get to the QB because the opposing linemen are holding our boys!

Agree totally. Or else Carricker and Moore would out right owned the friggin game. It became quite blatant at times.

On some of the replays it seemed like we got hosed on pass interference with some questionable non calls on ISU. course I have no bias

of course not ;)

I checked out an ISU message board after the game and they had 2 or 3 threads complaining about the refs- but they were mostly only complaining about the late pass interference call.

can't say i disagree with them on that one but it was probably a bit of equalization after the call on Bullocks (among others). ISU had their hands on our receivers backs but there was no call, yet Bullocks was nailed for it. with borderliners like that, either call it on both teams or don't call it at all.