Officiating

DaveH

I browsed the Baylor board and they had quite a bit to say on the officiating as well.  Lots of questionable calls...I was hoping to see several holding penalties that weren't called.  They didnt let the players compete for passes either, calling lots of interference.

Yea i saw that too, although a lot of folks over there seem to think we got most of the "bad calls". I don't agree. All 14 of their points were helped with some odd call. "Simultaneous recovery"? You gotta be kidding me.

the call in the end zone was unprecedented......if they can't figure out who had possession they say they both had it? hell, i guess that is like being a little bit pregnant? biggest dumb-ass call of the season so far.........

hunter

The team should have played very cool for the whole game with the hosing they were getting from the officials. :wtf How do you call BU a TD when Bullocks stands up with the football and hands it to the ref?????????????????????

I have to quit watching the games sober I think my BP spiked several times and I could have stroked. :lol::steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam

That was the worst officiating that I've ever seen!

The Grixby take away at the beginning of the game set the tone for a long and painful night of bad calls.

Both of Baylor's big runs were the result of holding. The Ruud one was very blatant, but the second big outside run also had a major hold... right there!!!

Those interference calls on both sides were just ridiculous. Let the players play a little football, you morons!!!

Man... it was just painful to watch.

The team should have played very cool for the whole game with the hosing they were getting from the officials. :wtf How do you call BU a TD when Bullocks stands up with the football and hands it to the ref?????????????????????

I have to quit watching the games sober I think my BP spiked several times and I could have stroked. :lol::steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam

The only explaination I can give is while there was a pile, the ref was saying the play is over. Hence the players stop grabbing.

I think when it came down to it, given the situation, it was the right call. Plus the Baylor staff should be given credit for calling a timeout, giving "upstairs" time to review it.

Final numbers look like the Baylor had twice as many penalties as the Huskers. I think all but one ofthose pass interferences was questionable, by either team.

Baylor seems to think that the officiating was scued Nebraska's way (shocker). A Texas writer even goes as far as to impede that we may of had at least one of the refs in our pocket. Here is the link:

Baylor: Official has Nebraska ties

I'm sorry, but that's a bunch of horse crap.

Yes it is. I personally think the officiating stunk, it doesn't matter what side you were on. Considering it was a questionable call that gave them both of their touchdowns.

no sh*t, we were saying the same thing last night.

i'm not sure how the officiating crew rode into Waco last night, but i'm fairly possitive it was either in a very short bus or a clown car.

I read several Balor posts last night as well. Hopefully the officials do get reviewed as a previous post stated could happen. It seems both teams fans saw some of the worst officiating yet. What was up with Baylors first TD. I thought the replay showed clearly his foot touched down out of bounds before he reacehd out to stick the ball into the endzone ;) . Oh well. I guess according to one Baylor post there was an extremley late hit (something like 30 seconds after the play was dead on a kick off) by Baylor and everyone there saw it, but the Zebras. Go figure. It also appears the Baylor fans were pretty upset about Parks sub in the fourth quarter. I for one was much more concerned when he came in than before. That kid has a cannon, thankfully it was not accurate last night, but we will see in the future.