Iowa game

• 3 weeks later...

I was hanging out with the entire Hawkeye football team the other night...man did they rip on you guys. They said they're not intimidated by your offense and joked about T.O. wearing depends for adults! Are you all going to take that?

Jealousy does weird things to teams. Iowa has always been envious of our football team and rightly so. However, the game on Friday is HUGE for us because it will effect our attitude going into our bowl game and could effect our recruiting. We need to bring our A game against Iowa Friday morning! I think we will win because:

1. We're still stinging from that loss at Michigan

2. It's Senior Day-Last day for our Seniors to play in a Husker uniform

So, this is not going to be a 'pushover' game. Iowa will come to play-let's make sure we do too! (Remember Northwestern! We thought we could beat the crap outta them and we all remember how that turned out!)

I was hanging out with the entire Hawkeye football team the other night...man did they rip on you guys. They said they're not intimidated by your offense and joked about T.O. wearing depends for adults! Are you all going to take that?

Wait until they are TO age and we will see who has the last laugh then. They might have old people table so their grandkids can change them in the bathroom.

You really think Nebraska can score 27 on one of the nations premire D's? I mean look it up, Iowa has had atleast the same D as you guys had last year, except we have been doing it for 10 or so years. You all gonna have to be pretty good on O to get 27 on Iowas D. Remember no one has beat Iowa by more than 7 in many years now. OH St cant get by with more than 3 the last two times we met. I am not saying Iowa is all that and a bag of chips, but they do show up, which is more than you can say for most of the B10. (Iowa does have a problem with losing the easy ones thou).

Nah. Nebraska's defense will be a revelation for you, apparently. And not a good one.

If I am not mistaken, they both gave up the same amount of ppg last year. Then factor in there is no arguing Iowa played much more balanced teams. Finally I am not saying there were gashing holes, but if I remember right Nebraska was somewhat subject to the run. Iowa lost alot this year on D, but if you look back, we were actually a higher ranked and a better D BEFORE last years front 4 were even recruited. I am not positive but I think besides a couple years Iowa has been a top 20 D for about 10 years, and a top 10 many times.

I think it's might be more accurate to state that the Huskers fared better against the pass than the run - but I don't think it's that we were weak against the run. What made us susceptible to being gashed on ocassion was more due to the fact that our defense has been geared to stopping spread and spread-option attacks. For just one example, we typically played with only one linebacker - or, at best, one linebacker and a hybrid safety/linebacker.

I suspect that changes in the Big 10 for most teams since the Big 10 is by far better overall running the ball than the Big 12. However, given everything I've seen of Bo (both at Nebraska and other stops), this will be a matter of changing alignments/personnel - Bo's been pretty good against "run first" offenses. That's part of what's so exciting about going to the Big 10 - all the uncertainty and how teams scheme and react.

oh

I predict that Nebraska will handily beat Iowa tomorrow. They should as they are the better team.

That said, reading through this thread is incredible. Back when Nebraska was good, you could really talk smack and back it up. Now, everybody pretty well realizes that Nebraskas best days are behind them, so you need to be a little more careful in choosing your words.

I remember back in the day when the "nations best fans" would stand up and applaud the losing team in Memorial Stadium. It took real balls to go in there and get slaughtered. What happens with the "nations best fans" now. They boo the quarterback, they boo the coach, and after every loss they want to get rid of both. Do the "nations best fans" still applaud for the visiting team when that team handily beats Nebraska? I think not. In fact, when losing, most fans leave the stadium.

Yes, you will win tomorrow, and probably by a bunch. That is pretty much a given. It also a given that no longer is your fan base held in as high esteem as they were when the team was good. It is sure easy when they are winning!

I think I am as guilty as anyone being hard on the team after a loss, but I still trust in Bo. I think some NU fans say Fire Bo, but even they are not 100% confident that this is the right course of action. However as NU fans will tell you there were some who wanted to fire TO, and BD as well, this isn't something entirely new. We are hungry for the days of old, but we have the opportunity to win 10 games for the third straight season, something only 7 other teams have a shot at after this season. It could be a lot worse.

I am not sure our "fans" are better than every other teams "fans" ....we do hold the sellout streak and we do treat opposing fans very well, which we still do. I think you have most of NU's fans respect as a quality program, and I think in due time this will be a rivalry game with mutual respect.

I don't know if what you say is true about our fans or not, but I think after you get feedback from your fanbase, you will get some of that respect back win or lose.

I predict that Nebraska will handily beat Iowa tomorrow. They should as they are the better team.

That said, reading through this thread is incredible. Back when Nebraska was good, you could really talk smack and back it up. Now, everybody pretty well realizes that Nebraskas best days are behind them, so you need to be a little more careful in choosing your words.

I remember back in the day when the "nations best fans" would stand up and applaud the losing team in Memorial Stadium. It took real balls to go in there and get slaughtered. What happens with the "nations best fans" now. They boo the quarterback, they boo the coach, and after every loss they want to get rid of both. Do the "nations best fans" still applaud for the visiting team when that team handily beats Nebraska? I think not. In fact, when losing, most fans leave the stadium.

Yes, you will win tomorrow, and probably by a bunch. That is pretty much a given. It also a given that no longer is your fan base held in as high esteem as they were when the team was good. It is sure easy when they are winning!

Wisdom of a troll. Good luck this up and coming game

is bigg10 for real here...? sounds like a lot of selective memory to me...

1. Remember no one has beat Iowa by more than 7 in many years now: how about twice (PSU and MSU) just this year alone...?

2. besides a couple years Iowa has been a top 20 D for about 10 years: they've had a top 20 defense in 4 of the last 10 years, not quite the 8 out of 10 that you suggest...

3. and a top 10 many times: many times is actually just once (2009) in that 10 year time frame, and this year will definitely not add to that...

Iowa is giving up 23.5 pp this year and has the 67th ranked defense, it's not much of a stretch to think Nebraska will score 30 points in this game, don't let one good performance against a handcuffed Denard fool you, the Iowa defense is not very good this year, my guess is 31-17 Nebraska...

In all seriousness...

Neb 27 Iowa 10

That is unless Vandenburg turns into Johnny Unitas, which I do not see happening

You really think Nebraska can score 27 on one of the nations premire D's? I mean look it up, Iowa has had atleast the same D as you guys had last year, except we have been doing it for 10 or so years. You all gonna have to be pretty good on O to get 27 on Iowas D. Remember no one has beat Iowa by more than 7 in many years now. OH St cant get by with more than 3 the last two times we met. I am not saying Iowa is all that and a bag of chips, but they do show up, which is more than you can say for most of the B10. (Iowa does have a problem with losing the easy ones thou).

13>7

Just sayin'

In all seriousness...

Neb 27 Iowa 10

That is unless Vandenburg turns into Johnny Unitas, which I do not see happening

We would have if t-magic didnt get injured