Iowa game

James Vandenberg chews iron and spits nails.

James Vandenberg didn't win the starting job. He ripped the still-beating heart out of his rival's chest and took the job.

James Vandenberg was a better quarterback than Ricky Stanzi, but he's just so gosh-darned polite he let Ricky play.

James Vandenberg will accept the Heisman trophy in August, but only if they offer it nicely.

James Vandenberg's right arm is registered with the Iowa City police as a lethal weapon.

No, I am sure the program is different. But from a fan pressure stand point, I think there is less pressure over here than there. Makes sence, Iowas comfortable with KF and company at the helm, where as Nebraska is still waiting to see what Bo and company can do and that expectation has gone up going into the B10, with all new teams, new coaches and such. I am just saying Bo has alot on his plate, both for him and his staff and for the team. It has been brought to my attention, that Bo MIGHT get a little wound tight in pressure situations.

You are doing a LOT of projecting here. I could just as easily say that Kirk Ferentz is all stressed out because he hasn't won the Big Ten in six years and that Iowa fans are all stressed out because they now have to play Nebraska every year, a team that has dominated them over the years.

There are 1,000 theories about this season that you could put forth. None of them are more accurate than any other. I can tell you that in the last couple of interactions I've had with Bo he's been very relaxed, joking around, not stressed at all, so from my purely anecdotal experience, your theory that he's under more stress doesn't hold up.

I dont think KF gets to rattled. As for playing you instead of Wiskey every year, I have thought long and hard about that one. I could not for the life of me see why they would ruin the Wiskey/Iowa game, (ranked 5th on BTN as rivalries and is one of the oldest), even with Nebraska coming in. You would not like, the only reason I could possibly come up with, so I will keep it to myself. As for stress about winning B10 or what ever, I do think you could be right, the fans want more, KF wants more. But we also realize like last year when Iowa was part of the NC talk (all be it short lived), the reasons they did not do all that well are a bit out of KF's hands. His coaching and recruiting are up there with the best and we know this. KF has graduated many classes now and every year does pretty well (except a season here or there). I think he is a dash away from the perfect reciepe. Will he ever find it? Well thats a different argument. Hows the old saying go, cook with the wine you would drink. Hard to make a perfect meal when your only able to get boones farm. As an Iowa fan I hate to say that, but it's true. Nobody does more with less than KF. The good side is, Iowa is hoping even if KF does not get a NC, he will have continued to add up the W's and put kids into the NFL, hoping it pays off with a better selection of recruits, even if it's down the road and maybe only realized under another coach. Yes he knows how to pick them and he has proven he knows what he is doing to put them into the NFL, but it would be a little easier if they were knocking on your door, if ya know what I mean. So any which way, KF has a legacy already and that takes some pressure off. He is quite possibly the best to ever come out of the 80's and 90's Iowa era, and that says alot. I think mabey Bo was part of that, so was Stoops and so was Bielema. Just off the top of my head.

The 80's and 90's Iowa has point blank put out some of the best coaches out there. Infact you could argue, better than any other school in the nation.

So, Iowa was a dark horse NC contender and calmly delivered a 8 - 5 season?

Heh, Bo gets endless grief for losing four games last year (which includes the CCG....something Iowa didn't have to worry about)....maybe KF needs to get rattled a little more.

Point. Look at what happened to Iowa last year. I challenge Bo to finish the season and win his bowl starting 1/2 the of the team ranging from 2nd to 4th or even 5th string. I mean come on you all are proud of your D and should be, but take 1/2 those starters out and replace with even 2nd or 3rd string and what do you have? Injuries, girls, drugs, grades all depleated Iowa at the same time. It was like the perfect storm.

James Vandenberg chews iron and spits nails.

James Vandenberg didn't win the starting job. He ripped the still-beating heart out of his rival's chest and took the job.

James Vandenberg was a better quarterback than Ricky Stanzi, but he's just so gosh-darned polite he let Ricky play.

James Vandenberg will accept the Heisman trophy in August, but only if they offer it nicely.

James Vandenberg's right arm is registered with the Iowa City police as a lethal weapon.

Now your getting it Knap. :LOLtartar gotta go boys, daughters softball tonight. Have a good one, I might stop back later.

I am not yet sold on Vandenberg either, and I don't know why Bigg10 is so high on him. From what we've seen there are a lot of positives with him, but this will be his first year under center so I would expect some growing pains. One thing he has going for him is Iowa's offensive system, it's relatively straight forward. He has one pass that I have yet to see perfected which is a short throw over the linebackers and in front of the safeties.

I disagree that Bo has more pressure on him this year, I think it's the other way around the Big Ten has more pressure to not let Nebraska roll through it, that would be embarrassing.

11 weeks till football boys.

I am not yet sold on Vandenberg either, and I don't know why Bigg10 is so high on him. From what we've seen there are a lot of positives with him, but this will be his first year under center so I would expect some growing pains. One thing he has going for him is Iowa's offensive system, it's relatively straight forward. He has one pass that I have yet to see perfected which is a short throw over the linebackers and in front of the safeties.

I disagree that Bo has more pressure on him this year, I think it's the other way around the Big Ten has more pressure to not let Nebraska roll through it, that would be embarrassing.

11 weeks till football boys.

Yeah, I do agree, he needs some finesse (but thats about it). They don't all have to be rockets. As for Nebraska rolling thru the B10, Hmmmmm........ Cant wait for the season either!!

First Career start against Ohio State.

Dude you don't have to tell me, I have watched it a million times. Then you have people going "his stats suck". Nothing toward anyone here, I am just a little anal about things and like to research as much as I can on teams the Hawks play. I am nowhere close to knowing as much about Nebraska as I am with other B10 teams. Kinda how you make intelligent convo huh??

Is there any video of this Almighty Jimmy Vandernberger or whatever?

Bigg10 I was replying to this.

Ah, my bad. Anyway, anybody want to move on? I have a question. Who did Henry go to? I suck at following them to the pros. I know Shonne Greene went to the Jets in his JR year and it pissed me off so bad I stopped paying attention and besides knowing Brees came out of Purdue, thats about it for me keeping up with them on the next level. Ahh, I wont do it.

Everyone in the Big Ten knows Nebraska will bring in a top flight defense. I don't think anyone is arguing that. The Question is will a dominate Big 12 defense translate into a dominate Big Ten defense? Its fun arguing our points, but the fact is no one knows. I think a lot of the arguments here are directed more towards conference strength. This next year will answer many questions in regarding where the top of the Big 12 is compared to the top of the Big 10.

Numbers might be misconstrued a bit next year considering no team in the Big Ten has faced a Bo lead Nebraska, same with Nebraska they haven't played any big ten recently. As stated before you can't judge a team off of bowl games, because sometimes the better team doesn't win. Given Nebraska's schedule and the way their offense has faded late in the season as of late, they are looking at an extremely hard task.

It's going to be a great year for the Big Ten, TV revenue wise. I thank you Nebraska for that.

See you Black Friday!

Go Hawks.

Yes, our D can translate in B1G. The question is, can the B1G schools run at us? My difinition of a running attack is 400-500+ yards pounding the rock. Iowa, MU, MSU do not have a running attack. Example: Michigan 221.5 yards a game, this includes Bowl, is not what I call pounding the rock at D lines. I am old school Nebraska, we use to pound the run. I can not see these three schools pound the ball down our throats. I am serious. We will top your list on defense! Ya, see you on Blackshirt Friday!!

:bonesflag:

Not one school in Division 1 rushed for more than 323 yards per game, and that was Georgia Tech, they are 80-90% rushing attack. Your definition of a rushing attack is ridiculous in today's game. Also just because a team doesn't rush for more than 300 yds doesn't make them a poor rushing team.

Look at it this way, if a defense shuts you down in the pass, you have to run. You play to our defense strength and running your average yardage will not win you the game. I hear smash mouth football from other fans, so maybe they need to re-frame from this in the future because it does not pertain to college football anymore as you have stated.

Is there any video of this Almighty Jimmy Vandernberger or whatever?

Bigg10 I was replying to this.

Ah, my bad. Anyway, anybody want to move on? I have a question. Who did Henry go to? I suck at following them to the pros. I know Shonne Greene went to the Jets in his JR year and it pissed me off so bad I stopped paying attention and besides knowing Brees came out of Purdue, thats about it for me keeping up with them on the next level. Ahh, I wont do it.

Eagles. Anyone correct me, if I am wrong. Thanks