Positives about Texas Tech Game

Last season when we played Tech we completed 35% of our passes and had a net loss of 6 turnovers. That will not happen Saturday. Taylor is far too accurate. And the more experience Taylor seems to get, the more relaxed and confident he becomes.

One more positive. Even though we seem to have a little difficulity running the ball it won't matter. Instead of having Ross run through the line we will bypass it entirely and throw him the ball on those short slants and crossing routes.

This game, I believe, lies in the hands of Coz. Hodges is good, but should crack like a foundation made of tapioca pudding with the combo of attacking d and a LOUD crowd.

This will be a game that we will only win if the defense gets a couple of scores. And they should be able to. Match that with an improving offense, an I'll say:

31-22 Good guys :thumbs

I see the the ISU game as the biggest plus!

this game creates a nightmare for any D coordinator. does TT load the box and force us to beat them with the pass? may not be a wise choice. ZT and Co. displayed what they are capable of last week. if they play us straight up, the O line has fewer defenders to block and the line will open the holes and Cory runs wild..it will be interesting to see how TT decides to approach this one! :thumbs:thumbs

does TT load the box and force us to beat them with the pass? may not be a wise choice. ZT and Co. displayed what they are capable of last week. if they play us straight up, the O line has fewer defenders to block and the line will open the holes and Cory runs wild

That's the beauty of balance my friend. IMO if they still don't believe we can throw the ball then we may find ourselves in a good position by proving them wrong. If we continue to move the ball efficiently through the air then the rest of the schedule will have a lot more to think about than putting 8-9 in the box to stop Ross.

These are all nice positives, and they have merit, however:

1-It's homecoming and Nebraska hasn't lost a homecoming game to anyone since 1968 when Kansas St managed to upset Nebraska 12-0

While I cant argue this, I just have a feeling that this is another streak/tradition that is gonna fall at the feet of the pud/billy c regime. :steam

2-Texas Tech is 0-3 in Lincoln since 1993

True, but it means nothing. Actually, even last years game means very little, too (hopefully).

3-Texas Tech is 26 of 26 in the redzone. If Nebraska's defense can keep them out of the redzone, the game could be very close.

Absolutely true :thumbs it would be HUGE!! Im just not sure that it will happen.

4-Crowd Noise and home field advantage. Nebraska is 115-9 since 1987. Those 9 losses coming to Big8 Conference champs OKlahoma (87), Co national Champions Colorado (1990) and Washington (1991), Texas (1998), Big 12 South and North division champs Texas and Colorado (2002), Big12 Conference champion Kansas St (2003), North Division champ Colorado (2004) and defending Conference USA champion Southern Mississippi (2004).

Couldnt agree with you more, however, since 2002, these are not the same NU teams as the ones that were fielded from 87-01. :wtf

5-Nebraska in the top 15 in almost all defensive catagories.

Also true, but the teams NU have played have not been top quality. I have reservations as NU gave up 340 yds (regulation) to a team (ISU) whos offense is rated in the 90's, including about 300 in the air. Is it a one game glitch, who knows, but going against a good passing team, it could lead to problems.

True positives would be that Techs special teams are much worse (on paper) than NU's, they have yet to play away from home, that their competition has been terrible, and they have not played a team thats as good as NU. :thumbs

:wtf Quit posting

...A lot of the time I'd agree with you man, but he's got valid points in there.

Like:

Couldnt agree with you more, however, since 2002, these are not the same NU teams as the ones that were fielded from 87-01.

I'll agree with that one. I hate those kinds of statistics in college ball. The teams change too often and too fast for these kinds of stats to have any meaning.

Im sure that your head is spinning. :wacko: I apologize, as I failed to realize that you lack the basic intellect to understand a post that discusses "complicated" topics such as these. Maybe I should just try primal grunts and groans, that way you possibly may comprehend. :thumbs

Maybe next time, you should take your own advice, quit psoting, as I have yet to see a post of yours that adds anything significant to this board.

Instead of attacking me, why dont you try to debate the issues I bring forward. Oh thats right, you wouldnt even know where to start :dumdum

Im sure that your head is spinning. :wacko: I apologize, as I failed to realize that you lack the basic intellect to understand a post that discusses "complicated" topics such as these. Maybe I should just try primal grunts and groans, that way you possibly may comprehend. :thumbs

Maybe next time, you should take your own advice, quit psoting, as I have yet to see a post of yours that adds anything significant to this board.

Instead of attacking me, why dont you try to debate the issues I bring forward. Oh thats right, you wouldnt even know where to start :dumdum

Here is how you spell posting.

And what have you brought to this board besides saying Bill C. and company sucks.

I'm not usually one to promote "playing dirty", but first pass play that T Tech calls, have one of the LB's come in and level Hodges, even if it is late...

Just absolutely scare the living hell out of this kid.  Let him know that last year, was last year, this is now...

Just hit them as hard as we can, so by the end of the first quarter, the whole team is in fear...

Yeah, and maybe someone could kick you in the ass as you leave the game.

Not to play dirty.

While I cant argue this, I just have a feeling that this is another streak/tradition that is gonna fall at the feet of the pud/billy c regime

But you agree that untill someone comes in and beats Nebraska on homecoming, Nebraska still has the upper hand. This team might not be the teams that were fielded as you mentioned (you said 87-01, but my homefield stats were from 87-current) but they ain't the 1968 Nebraska team either.

One major advantage this weekend will be the honoring of the 1995 National champs, and you can bet the 95'ers will be pumping up both the offense and defense. We saw what happened last year against Missouri when the players were pumped up by ex huskers currently in the NFL. The defense played lights out.

Texas Tech is 0-3 in Lincoln since 1993
True, but it means nothing. Actually, even last years game means very little, too (hopefully).

Sorry, but i disagree. It does mean something. If history meant nothing, then there would have been no point in pointing out that Iowa St hadn't won against Nebraska in Lincoln since 1977. That win against ISU showed that Memorial stadium still holds some magic, and that even though ISU might have come in looking like they had the upper hand, it's that magic that gave NU a boost in the end of the game. That magic is every fan in the stands. That magic is the exciting finishes the Huskers have had in that stadium. That magic is everything that has come and gone in that stadium, such as Devaney, and Brook Berringer.

Just some stuff to keep in mind.

I know the title of this thread is 'Positives about Texas Tech Game', but I think we're all getting a little carried away here. All I hear over and over again is Tech hasn't played anyone...they have a first year QB...exc exc. Well they could say all the exact same things about us. If we're really honest I think both teams are big question marks at this point. After this Saturday, we'll know who is for real, or if we're both for real or if we're both pretenders. Keep in mind that with Tech its the system. After Kingsbury (a Heisman candidate) left, Symons stepped in and didn't miss a beat. Cumbie did the same last year. Now Hodges appears to be doing the same thing.

My point is that we will need to play out of our minds on offense (in spite of moving the ball we only scored 13 in regulation last week...that won't cut it against Tech), and our defense will have to continue to play well. I've been saying all along I'm reserving judgement until after the Texas Tech game.