Lincoln Bars

Iggy's is awesome but is usually wall to wall packed by 11:15ish. free popcorn is good though and always lovely ladies and friendly people.

Brothers- A bit of a frat hangout but fun to watch drunk people stumble around. Cheap drinks, weekends have cover charges.

Main Street- STAY AWAY. i use to love this place but violence and "date rape" drugs have ruined that place.

Fat Toad-fun dance floor, kind of a lamer drunk crowd of people "dancing".

Duffys- older crowd, but outside in the back is fun on a summer day

Sandys- I am not a big fan. Bartenders are unfriendly and i just dont get the hype in elk creek water.

Iggy's is awesome but is usually wall to wall packed by 11:15ish. free popcorn is good though and always lovely ladies and friendly people.

Brothers- A bit of a frat hangout but fun to watch drunk people stumble around. Cheap drinks, weekends have cover charges.

Main Street- STAY AWAY. i use to love this place but violence and "date rape" drugs have ruined that place.

Fat Toad-fun dance floor, kind of a lamer drunk crowd of people "dancing".

Duffys- older crowd, but outside in the back is fun on a summer day

Sandys- I am not a big fan. Bartenders are unfriendly and i just dont get the hype in elk creek water.

Agree with most of what you said here.

Also, OP, don't let any of your friends swindle you into going to a place called The Bar. It's on 17th street, I believe. They have a wooded fenced area in the back that looks appealing with basketball hoop and games, but it a total frat hangout place. If you want to avoid that crowd, avoid that bar.

Thanks

Where is Fat Toads?

The new Cliffs is okay, I guess to you it would just be Cliffs, I am just older then you!

We hit Brothers too, I see you didnt mention that, dont you like it?

I've been to Brothers once but never been to Cliff's. We don't usually walk by Brother's to go downtown or to come back to the apartment, so we end up forgetting about it most days.

Fat Toad's is on O street I think - on the same block or very close to Main Street.

I went to Brother's before the OU game in 09. Had a damn good time. Met the High Life guy there. He and some fine High Life ladies were handing out a lot of free stuff.

Is brothers the one that smells like a combination of piss and spilled beer?

I think you might be thinking of the Downtown. (or . . . really . . . almost all O Street bars.)

I used to love Main Street, Iguanas, and Sandy's. Now I feel a little old at those bars and usually go to Harry's, Jakes, or the Watering Hole.

Brass Rail - had to look it up. Knew it started with a B. (Haven't been to Lincoln in a long time). Yelp backs me up: "This place smells of a frothy mix of vomit and urine, it was strong enough to make me walk in and walk immediately back out."

The Rail is an interesting place. I think that back in 1993 it was tabbed as one of Playboys best college bars. I remember in the later 90's that they had a sign up that said that.

The bathrooms in there are scary. Now, if you get there before a game it can be okay but at night it seems to be lots of peoples last stop.

All I know right now is that my plan for Saturday is this. 8 of us heading down from Omaha at 9am. Hit the O street bars, not sure which ones, by about 10:15.