BigTen opener..... Night game????????

Don't expect to get a night game in Lincoln versus Wisconsin. It is actual UW policy to deny the requests from other programs to play night games away from Madison. They will try to schedule big home games to be played at night, but they will not agree to play a night game anywhere else (during the regular season). Kind of hypocritical, don't you think?

Don't expect to get a night game in Lincoln versus Wisconsin. It is actual UW policy to deny the requests from other programs to play night games away from Madison. They will try to schedule big home games to be played at night, but they will not agree to play a night game anywhere else (during the regular season). Kind of hypocritical, don't you think?

Welcome to the board.

It does seem a little hypocritical, but then again there are no night games in the Big 10 in the month of November. That might play in to it a little.

Welcome to the board.

It does seem a little hypocritical, but then again there are no night games in the Big 10 in the month of November. That might play in to it a little.

The rule has nothing to do with it. They are the only ones to refuse night games. They know how much of an effect night games have in terms of home field advantage.

Welcome to the board.

Thank you for the welcome.

Yes, the B10 does not permit night games in November. Pardon my sarcasm but Wisconsin knows that there are football games in September and October. I wouldn't have a problem with UW's policy if they were a lower-tier program. The Badgers want to be a national player, however, and their stance is that of a perennial also-ran. I wish some programs would tell Alvarez & Co. to grab their collective spine and agree to an away night game against a powerhouse; otherwise, don't expect to play a game in Madison past a 3:30 kickoff. That won't happen, though, because programs like NU and OSU have the "anytime, anywhere" mentality.

Welcome to the board.

Yes, the B10 does not permit night games in November.

Wasn't the 2006 michigan-ohio state game at night? or was that just some special exception.

edit: I looked it up it was 2:30, nevermind

Welcome to the board.

Wasn't the 2006 michigan-ohio state game at night? or was that just some special exception.

I was there. The game ended under the lights.

Welcome to the board.

The Game used to always be played at 12:00. There was some anger when it got moved to 3:30. I couldn't imagine if they ever made The Game at night (My times are obviously EST)

The more I read, the less I think I'm going to like Wisconsin in the near future.

The game no doubt is going to be a challenge.

But Wisconsin fans (at least the ones I've met) are delusional, arrogant, a$$hole$.

Now the problem with night games in Madison, is that Badger fans are lushes and have the entire day to get drunk for the game. They are very rowdy (and not in a good sense) and have been known to throw marshmallows with coins stuffed in them at fans and opposing players. As well as bags of urine.

Ohio State's Marching Band (TBDBITL) will no longer go to Madison as a result of the behavior. It would be one thing if it was a one time experience, but this happens regularly.

The other issue is you don't want to bring kids because loose language is used very frequently there.

The team itself though is a good tough team which should always bring a good game for you.

But Wisconsin fans (at least the ones I've met) are delusional, arrogant, a$$hole$.

Now the problem with night games in Madison, is that Badger fans are lushes and have the entire day to get drunk for the game. They are very rowdy (and not in a good sense) and have been known to throw marshmallows with coins stuffed in them at fans and opposing players. As well as bags of urine.

Ohio State's Marching Band (TBDBITL) will no longer go to Madison as a result of the behavior. It would be one thing if it was a one time experience, but this happens regularly.

The other issue is you don't want to bring kids because loose language is used very frequently there.

The marshmallows were banned years and years ago from Camp Randall. The bags of urine -- nobody throws those anymore. We now throw broken beer bottles (they have to be empty, because why would anyone waste beer like that?), but only at grandmothers and infants.

The students at Camp Randall will be loud, drunk and will curse. But I don't know a single college stadium where there aren't drunk, loud, cursing students (okay, maybe Minnesota or Northwestern). Loose language? Are you planning on attending a football game or high tea for the queen?

As if the Ohio State fans roll out the red carpet and throw flower petals to welcome opposing fans to Columbus.

As if the Ohio State fans roll out the red carpet and throw flower petals to welcome opposing fans to Columbus.

Yet the only evidence of such is against Michigan.....you know our most hated rivalry?