JUCO DE Rulon Davis

Dinner Nebraska Style

YO. Last nite was the sh#t. My coaching staff from Nebraska came over to have dinner with my family and friends. We had food, drinks, music, and love. THe vibe was like walking into a strip club for the very first time. Without the naked girls and bad music. Coach Bush, Blake, and Callahan were all there. Last nite was one of the best times of my life. To all my family and friends that was there I thank you for coming.  Thank you Tony and Nicole for everything. You are the best roomates a guy could ever have. P.S. Nicole makes the best cocktails ever.
If you look at his website you will see California Golden Bears all over it. I think he is lost. Just because he is a marine does not mean he can't change his mind. It just means that we think he can't change his mind.

He still has Nebraska listed as his school.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=12059574

He still got a bunch of photos with Busch and Callahan in his home. He loves the attention and is playing the game.

Due to the hate mail I’ve been receiving I will be terminating my account with my space. Choosing a college is one of the most important decisions of my life and I would like to make it in peace. I’ve been reading everything that is written about me. People who don’t even know me think they have the right to question my integrity. Who do you think you are? To the writers and reporters saying my word doesn’t count for nothing, I say “shame on you”. Nobody has that right to judge me but God. These past few days have been very upsetting for my family and I. Please allow me my right to make a sound decision. Please stop calling my phone and reposting my personal messages on other websites. A good fan doesn’t impede on peoples right to privacy. Believe me, the things the fans are doing is making the situation worse. Some things have been brought to my attention and that’s the reason for all of the confusion. My word is the same as before and I can choose to call or talk to anyone I please. I want to thank all of the GOOD fans for their support. This all will be cleared up on Wednesday December 21, 2005. Take care and always trust in the Lord.

One Love….   

Shame on you Nebraska fans. If the kid wants to go someplace else, don't be sending him hate mail. I am assuming he is referring to some NU fans who put 1 and 1 together and saw the Cal logos on his myspace account and decided to crucify him. Show some class. This is why i don't think posting his myspace profile was such a good idea on message boards.

Exactly, NH.

They're alot of recruits with things like MySpace. Hell, they're no different from you or I, but sometimes they have to be just for things like this. They don't want to be aggravated and constantly badgered by people they do not know.

If you do decide to talk to a recruit, talk to him just like you would one of your friends. Don't ask him 18 different questions, prying into his life.

I've added and talked to McKeon, Octavien, Lucky and Nate McBride I believe and they're great people. They admit they get hassled, but they try and overlook it. They're bigger people than me, because I would likely just keep hitting the delete button if I received an overflow of mail from fans and rivals alike.

I've seen alot of recruits and players on MySpace and have chatted with a quite a few. They will actually reply to you, if you talk to them like people. Like you would anyone else. But the minute you take it to where it has been with Rulon, then that's just pathetic.

If Rulon doesn't come, then fine. He has good reasoning behind it. The only thing that bugs me is in a past article when he talked about sticking to his morals when other coaches called him after he had commited, almost saying it is classless.

But once Rulon speaks about this, you will understand and support him. I promise. I really cannot blame him for going to Cal.

But hey, if something changes and he does decide to go to Nebraska, then I'll be thrilled.

If NU is not the right decision for him, then so be it. I just hope he has the marbles to do more than leave a text message for the coaches and explain his decision. Good luck to Rulon if he decides on Cal, but I hope he becomes a Husker like he has committed. :thumbs

Would putting Cal logos on your personal website be a more direct approach than a text message to the coaches? Hopefully he already told the coaches what he plans to do tomorrow or else the logos were a joke.

This is why i tell people recruiting is not an exact science and things can change on the drop of a dime. The smallest thing can sway a recruit. I remember an incident on another website i was on that i made 1 thing known about a recruit who was 99% sure he was going to be a Husker (everyone knows who i am talking about from last year) but was a silent commit and when he switched at the last minute, i got crucified for it. From that point on, i just tend to keep alot of the info i know to myself because i know 1 wrong statement about a recruit (even if it was true at the time) will make people come back and say "i thought you said x, y ,z was going to be a husker, you are just full of it"

I had the chance to text message Rulon back and forth today and what people don't understand is that things change be it a mother is ill or distance all of a sudden becomes a factor b/c a gf is prego for example (and no i am not saying any of this applies to Rulon)..but things change and people don't need to get so worked up over it. Like i said earlier..no 1 player is bigger then the program. You gain some, you lose some..coaches and players move on.

nameless, you are correct here........most of this is venting anyway and we will forget this in a week or 2.........BUT, the part that Josh and his old man blew.......

WAS HOW THEY HANDLED IT! NO ONE, and i mean no one, team or recruiter or individual or coach or whomever, should be treated like this.....you treat peole with respect and dignity......that is ALL ANYONE WANTED HERE......sure all would have been disappointed with this defection, BUT if he would have handled it responsibily then half this flack would not have been encountered. i understand your position and agree that if you may know someone is unsure it is better to keep it to yourself..i for one appreciate all your feedback and info provided.....let us all vent a little more......it won't last much longer.........

hunter