The Last Whorns Visit

So with this being the last time Texas comes to Lincoln in a major sport event in a conference setting. The struggling Huskers face Texas, a team that once again is thinking Omaha.

Here is my thinking. IF NU can muster 1 run some how off Jungmann tonight, they will win the series. Yep win or lose, but score an earned run off him they win the series. Calling it now, and haven't fully indulged into the alcohol yet. He is that good, maybe not as filthy as the Bruins duo, but a locater that always seems to be ahead in the count. The conditions tonight, probably wind blowing straight in from right, plays more into Texas small ball style and wipes out NU's best chances to score(an Asche at bat).

Well see if the bats come alive this weekend.

Well they got a run off Jungmann and somehow it was scored as an earned run. It also actually raises Jungmann's ERA. In the first inning none the less. Well guess what, NU is gonna WIN the series now. :w00t:w00t

Yes the alcohol is playing a bigger role in my thoughts, but it is time to pump some sunshine. ANd I can't believe I am typing pump and sunshine in the same sentence with Nebraska baseball.

And the fighting Mike Anderson's turn Jungmann's 15th and 16th walks of the year plus an error into 2 runs to take the lead back.

On a side note, I very much am enjoying keeping myself updated. As this game continues into the late innings and this thing stays close I expect at least two fellow posters to join the fun, almost like a Husker Basketball game. If you keep it interesting they will come.

The Taylor Jungmann most were expecting shows up in the 4th striking out the side very easily. His pitch count is mounting, but the kid is a horse and easily coulf go 130 pitches

Matt Freeman has replaced Logan. Ehlers had great stuff and crap stuff hitter to hitter. Still interesting move.

Well fecal matter. Texas gets it's All American pitcher innings 4-9, and Jungmann showed his stuff after a rough start. The kid is good. Complete game, 140 pitches, and his ERA got jacked up to .93. I still think Bauer and Cole for UCLA are better, but this guy is #3.

Three key moments hurt NU.

1. Tanner Kreitmier(didn't he get a FB sscholly from TO :sarcasm )gets thrown out at home in the third trying to score on a bunt single by Peters from second for the third out. Asche would have been up with runner at first and third. The kid took the bat out of your only offensive threat. Replay angle appeared to show Anderson stopping the kid but pointing towards the play(not certain though).

2. Kash strikes out on three pitches in the eighth with runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out. Terrible at bat, as Jungmann actually looked like he did early in the game, and a quality AB by Kash probably get Jungmann out of the game. Fastball blown by him, slider in the opposite batter box, and a curve in the dirt that was thrown all game with two strikes and Kash goes bye bye. I liked the attack mode the hitters took against a good pitcher but patience there may change the game.

And most importantly 3. I ran out of Coors about the time the wheels were falling off for the hitters and had to drink Anheuser busch products because I was out of bourbon. I fully take the blame for being ill prepared and the loss.