Texas Tech Game Thread

this was a great game.

however, i strongly disagree that this loss falls on le kevin's shoulders. this was a team loss. wins and losses do not rest on the shoulders of one or two players. this is a team sport.

i am very proud of this husker team. they faced adversity and pulled through like true champions! this team has come a lone way from where they were. they should all hold thier heads high.

I AM PROUD OF THESE BOYS!!!!!

That may be true in a lot of cases, but their is no denying the fact that Lekevin knew the score, knew how much time was left in the game, and knew we had already thrown 2 interceptions and fumbled it twice. I am sure the coaches were preaching ball security to the defense on the sideline during the 4th quarter if they got a turnover from Texas Tech. Sorry, but Lekvein blew a shot for us to run out the clock. Like i said, Texas Tech is lucky to escape. We outplayed them, plain and simple. DT's are taught to just secure the ball and don't try anything heroic when the game is on the line. If it was a DB or LB who had gotton that pick and tried to run it back, i wouldn't care because they at least have some speed, but we all saw how far he got before he fumbled it over again.

Great game by both sides..but people that are blaming it on le kevin need to stop..i know he did fumble the ball..but he did get the interception..if he doesn't get that interception who's to say that they don't drive down there and score anyway..don't blame this on him he was doing what any person would do in that situation..if your out there your not gonna think about falling down when you pick one off..it's just not going through your head especially a dlineman

Great game by both sides..but people that are blaming it on le kevin need to stop..i know he did fumble the ball..but he did get the interception..if he doesn't get that interception who's to say that they don't drive down there and score anyway..don't blame this on him he was doing what any person would do in that situation..if your out there your not gonna think about falling down when you pick one off..it's just not going through your head especially a dlineman

They did drive and get a touchdown, that's how they won question.gif

LeKevin blew it!! If the fans want to blame the coaches on the other games,

then Smith blew this one..Way to go Smith.

And this solves what again?...........Looks guys pissing and moaning about a loss doesn't bring back the last play of the game. I like the next Husker feels the sting of the loss. I guess after seeing the Huskers lose the big game the last 3 years the sting doesn't last as long as it once did. I like the direction of where our Huskers are headed.

LeKevin blew it!! If the fans want to blame the coaches on the other games,

then Smith blew this one..Way to go Smith.

And this solves what again?...........Looks guys pissing and moaning about a loss doesn't bring back the last play of the game. I like the next Husker feels the sting of the loss. I guess after seeing the Huskers lose the big game the last 3 years the sting doesn't last as long as it once did. I like the direction of where our Huskers are headed.

This team will bounce back and go on to punish Baylor and Missouri in the next 2 weeks for the loss psycho2.gif

despite the loss, you have to have more confidence in how the rest of the season might go.

what seemed like a sure loss to OU now looks like it could be another cardiac-type game.

on the flip-side, Baylor may not be a guaranteed easy-win! they beat ISU today and gave A&M a scare last week. go figure.

We may not be 5-0, but we are one of the top 4-1 teams in the nation in my mind at this point. Baylor beat Iowa St today in Ames, so Baylor will be a tough game next weekend, but i think Nebraska has shown enough offense and defense so far this year that we should win that game by a couple of TD's. We may not get to 6-0, but we will be 5-1 after next weekend.

:dis

First, before the game, alot of people were saying that NU was the worst 4-0 team in the country, even the announcers said so (not that it makes it true).

Second, Baylor is far from a guarenteed win. billy c has not shown the ability to win away from home, and this is NUs first road game of 05. This Baylor team is better than years past, and from what I have heard, they played better against ISU than NU did (not that it will make a huge difference when NU faces BU).

I wouldnt chalk this one up just yet. :thumbs

I like the direction of where our Huskers are headed.

Which is where??? The D is a little better than last year, as are the special teams, but thats not saying much. The O is worse, and ya'll cant blame that one on Joe Dailey, as Taylor isnt much better than Joe.

This team is 2 plays away from being 2-3 right now :wtf

They have shown tremendous heart and played very hard, but they are not close to being a top team, unfortunately.

We could of easliy quit when TT rolled up 21 points on the score board but we DIDN'T!  Coach Coz and Callahan kept those boys focused for 4 Quarters!  These Huskers battled it out until the end.  That is all you can ask for!  Remeber folkes these are kids that are playing.  Not NFL Pros but Teens for the most part.  Like I stated earlier...I am DAMN PROUD OF EM!!!!!!!!

Me too. Frustrated, but proud.

LeKevin did provide me a nice teachable moment for my 7 year old son. I told him (after I quit sobbing), "See what happens when you try to be a show off"

:bang

And heartbroken...

Baylor looks like a bowl team this year...gonna be a tough one...

What LeKevin did was just a reaction...you get the ball, run with it...I can't say I blame him, but this one falls on the blackshirts...Blew up TT most of the second half, but fell apart on the last drive.

NU could quickly go from 4-0 to 4-3 going into the OU game. This loss will show us more about what kind of a team this is than a win would have.

I think they'll bounce back...

BTW, TT is FOR REAL...

You say the huskers can be 2-3.If you take away some drop passes,fumbles,penalties then we are 5-0.Anybody can flip this we can be 2-3 or

5-0.Lets just say the other teams don't make the plays.Don't just say the huskers are lucky and the other teams are perfect.

I couldnt agree with you more! A play here or there turns the game, NU could very easily be 5-0.