Texas Tech Game Thread

Could Joe have done what we did today?  Could he have had that 7/7 drive to make it a game again?

I have no idea, there is no way to tell. All I can say is that neither performed the way you would hope in this offense, and that if you look at the numbers, one is not significantly better than the other, or do you disagree?

When I look at the stats? Yes I do. Half the interceptions and more wins at the same point in the season is quite a bit better if you ask me.

Could Joe have done what we did today?  Could he have had that 7/7 drive to make it a game again?

I have no idea, there is no way to tell. All I can say is that neither performed the way you would hope in this offense, and that if you look at the numbers, one is not significantly better than the other, or do you disagree?

When I look at the stats? Yes I do. Half the interceptions and more wins at the same point in the season is quite a bit better if you ask me.

Oh come on Jake...It's all about running the ball 50 times a game. Then when we fall behind by 21 points we run it 25 more times! I thought you were smarter then that! :sarcasm

A good quarterback isn't defined solely by his stats. I personally don't feel Taylor lost today's game for us. IMO he did his part, as I recall he got us back into the lead with what must be the first fade route completed for a touchdown in NU history. Breaks just went against us today. Please stop whining and blaming anyone that comes to mind for NU being 4-1.

I'll give you an example, Former.

TT -21 NU- 0

Nebraska's next possession Dailey takes the snap from center and either:

A ) Misses the exchange between Center and QB; recovered by TT

B ) Takes a quick five-step drop and throws it in the turf, short of the receiver

C ) Can't find an open receiver while in the grasp of a defender, which results

in a lame duck "throw away" interception returned for a TD

and the obvious...

D ) Drops back and throws another interception while pinned back deep in our own territory.

Enter Zac Taylor

TT-21 NU-0

00:18 4th Quarter

TT-27 NU-31

Got Poise?

Former - I think that you've really outdone yourself this time. The offensive numbers are similar only because the O played like crap the first 3 games. Now that things seem to be clicking, can you honestly watch ZT with his poise under pressure, his checkoffs on the progressions, and his accuracy and compare him to Dailey? The O as it has played the last two weeks is seriously better than last year (and this is against the 2 best defenses that we have faced this year).

I've never thought that any of your posts were way out of line, but this post seems to prove you either don't understand football, are blinded by your contempt for our coaching staff, or are just a very delusional person (not a realist like you say).

Former - I think that you've really outdone yourself this time. The offensive numbers are similar only because the O played like crap the first 3 games. Now that things seem to be clicking, can you honestly watch ZT with his poise under pressure, his checkoffs on the progressions, and his accuracy and compare him to Dailey?

Zac Taylor stats over the last 2 games:

Passing: 90-57 63% 660 yards 4tds 2INTS. 35 rush yards

These are some pretty respectable stats. Can anyone seriously,compare Dailey to Taylor? Taylor is hitting his stride. Yes, he had a few problems today, but he was playing the #13 ranked team in the country. Dailey had problems with most defenses he played last year.

You must seriously get a hardon from being so negative. Like armistead said, this can be easily flipped around and NU could be 5-0 at this point. Amazing how you can give teams credit other then your own "cough, doubtful, cough" team.

Baylor is a guranteed win, i will put my money where my mouth is. The thing is, are you man enough to bet on it, right here, right now infront of the board? I won't make it a big bet because i don't want to steal your lunch money, so i will bet you $25 that Nebraska wins that game.

I didnt say that NU was GOING to lose against Baylor, I just said that it isnt a guarenteed win. Im not sure yet who Im going to predict to win that game. Rest assured, you'll be the first one I notify!

PS- Cash only, no checks or food stamps

Incidently, Blackshirt Ok'ed betting Huskerbucks/points on stuff like this...why not make it a real-ish bet? :)

From the Feedback Board

Another incidently...

Lots of comments here are reminiscent of ND's boards after the MSU loss. Down by 3 TDs to a high-powered offense, fight back to make it a game then lose in a close decision.

Everyone was busting on Zbikowski for missing the final scoring tackle, the kicker for missing a potential game winner, the secondary for giving up big plays, etc.

Against a really good offense, a la TTU or MSU, holding them below their scoring average is a pretty good effort and losing by less than one score is nothing to hang one's head over either.

On the one hand, the coaches can (and should) give the same line Weis did...no gold medals are given for a comeback if you don't win. On the other, however, us fans can look at the game and see the progress and appreciate the effort.

I figure, it's the coaches' and player's job to win the game, and the fans' job to enjoy it. If any of us can look at today's game and compare it to last year's TTU game and not be at least somewhat pleased with the progress, then I would submit that person just doesn't get it.

Fact is, didn't matter if Taylor had a perfect game or threw 5 INTs or if LeKevin fell down or ran it back for another score or ran backwards for a safety. Or if Callahan had called a FB blast instead of a TE drag on 4th and short. There were plenty of opportunities to win (and lose) the game shared by all involved, players and coaches.

The What If's can go on forever and are purely speculative...what can be seen with certainty, however, is the obvious progress - something we have all been waiting for almost 2 years.

IRISH!

GBR!

Even though we lost, I am so proud of those guys today...

The Blackshirts, in one game, showed so much heart, I still really don't have the words...

Big Red Jake, today was the kind of offense i've envisioned.

I know i'm puttin the cart before the horse, but i am looking forward to the 29th of this month...