Rittenburgs Big Ten 100-tackle candidates

ncf_u_david_ps_300.jpg

Nebraska star linebacker Lavonte David actually is the Big Ten's leading returning tackler after recording 154 stops in 2010.

1. Nebraska LB Lavonte David

2. Northwestern S Brian Peters

3. Penn State LB Michael Mauti

4. Iowa S/CB Micah Hyde

5. Purdue S Logan Link

6. Indiana LB Jeff Thomas

LINK

Every year Rittenberg predicts what B1G players will get 100 total tackles for the season. Lavonte had 152 stops last year. So he’s a lock. But I'm wondering if we got anyone else could also make a 100. Gomes had 99 tackles last season. I’m not sure if any of our DBs this year will be as much of a ball hawk as Gomes.

Will we have two Blackshirts with 100 tackles? NCAA stats on tackles

I'm sure you will. You're going to have some very run based teams so LBs are going to have a lot of opportunity to get tackles.

Of course as Adam said, if you're defense is good, you may not hit it because they won't be on the field long enough to get it.

I'm sure you will. You're going to have some very run based teams so LBs are going to have a lot of opportunity to get tackles.

Of course as Adam said, if you're defense is good, you may not hit it because they won't be on the field long enough to get it.

That's the thing. We had a good defense last year, ranked #11 overall. This included a great pass defense (#3), but just a so-so run defense (#63). So we won't be seeing 3-and-outs every series.