I-80 Construction Between Lincoln and Omaha

Another accident by the Waverly interchange today took 1 life. Apparently the cause of the accident was "sun glare" the driver hit a construction barricade that divided traffic.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/article_871e928f-bc75-5058-8234-e81c0a34bceb.html

Im taking highway 6 to the Gretna interchange from now on when I head towards Omaha.

Seriously this has been like the 50 millionth accident by this interchange in the last 5 years.

Another accident by the Waverly interchange today took 1 life. Apparently the cause of the accident was "sun glare" the driver hit a construction barricade that divided traffic.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/article_871e928f-bc75-5058-8234-e81c0a34bceb.html

Im taking highway 6 to the Gretna interchange from now on when I head towards Omaha.

Seriously this has been like the 50 millionth accident by this interchange in the last 5 years.

Just don't wait til 370 to head to back to I-80, they are widening 370 from I-80 to 204th st, its a mess there too.

Just don't wait til 370 to head to back to I-80, they are widening 370 from I-80 to 204th st, its a mess there too.

I was thinking where the outlet malls right before you really get into Omaha. I think its exit 432.

I was thinking where the outlet malls right before you really get into Omaha. I think its exit 432.

Yeah, that's one exit before 370.

Does anyone know when this will be complete? Or at least, when the next "phase" will be complete and what that will be? I have a hard time figuring out what they are doing.

I haven't read this in an article or head official statements, but people have told me that a three lane interstate (both ways) between Lincoln and Omaha would allow the two cities to be considered one large metropolitan area. I don't remember the specific benefits of the situation, but I do know that a hefty amount of money is involved with making the two cities one "metropolitan" area.

Furthermore, I don't know how often you have gone between the two cities, but this construction has been going on for at least six years. They still have a lot of work to do and are making progress, but I think it's still going to be at least five or six more years before the entire thing is all said and done.