Aaron Green Eager,

I think what's sad is the NCAA is actually required to enforce crap like "a hat" or a "sandwich" as receiving something improper. The reason all of this was set up was because back in the 60's and 70's kids were getting cars, cash, etc to play ball and of course the biggest schools usually got the bets players because they had the biggest war chests. And it pretty much happened everywhere even at dear old NU before it was a rule that you couldn't do that. I think everyone was pretty happy when those things stopped being allowed. (Unless you're in the SEC, USC, OSU, a duck or Texas who is currently being looked at as well).

What I want to know is when the NCAA puts some solid boundaries on rules like this? I mean, at this rate, I'm just waiting for a kid's grandma to make him a sandwich and it goes up in flames. Not like we haven't seen just as bizarre stuff coming to the surface this past year.

This has blown up way too much. I agree with with the people saying that this is minor/to nothing. The NCAA has many more things to worry about than a 10 - 15 year old hat. Was it right? In principle no. Will it string the university up by a rope? No. People are just so worked up about everything that has gone over the last year or two. The Big 12 trying to shaft us, the move to the Big 10, etc, the academics issue. Everyone just needs to calm down a bit I think. I have a feeling, once fall ball starts, we won't see so much of the gloom. The offseason is too long.

This has blown up way too much. I agree with with the people saying that this is minor/to nothing. The NCAA has many more things to worry about than a 10 - 15 year old hat. Was it right? In principle no. Will it string the university up by a rope? No. People are just so worked up about everything that has gone over the last year or two. The Big 12 trying to shaft us, the move to the Big 10, etc, the academics issue. Everyone just needs to calm down a bit I think. I have a feeling, once fall ball starts, we won't see so much of the gloom. The offseason is too long.

Amen brother.... thank god i play baseball and have atleast something to pass the time!