Is it okay to be a gay college athlete?

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think you guys are getting the wrong idea here. I have family and friends that are gay. I don't think that they are bad people because they are gay at all. I just think it is wrong. I would not think less of them as a person. I just do not approve of their lifestyle, just as I did not approve of Wilt Chamberlins lifestyle.

What is it about the lifestyle of your family that is wrong?

Maybe I haven't been clear, I believe that the lifestyle of being gay is wrong.

What is it about the lifestyle of your gay family members that is wrong? I get that you think it's wrong. WHAT is wrong with what your gay family members are doing?

I would have to say having sex with other men

I think you guys are getting the wrong idea here. I have family and friends that are gay. I don't think that they are bad people because they are gay at all. I just think it is wrong. I would not think less of them as a person. I just do not approve of their lifestyle, just as I did not approve of Wilt Chamberlins lifestyle.

What is it about the lifestyle of your gay family members that is wrong? I get that you think it's wrong. WHAT is wrong with what your gay family members are doing?

How is that your business? Why are you in a position to look down on them for that?

How is that your business? Why are you in a position to look down on them for that?

I never once said that I do look down on them. I never once said that I am better than them. All I said is their lifestyle choice, I believe, is wrong. I still love them and even enjoy spending time with them.

A position to look down on them?? Is that a gay joke? Shame on you Knap.

I never once said that I do look down on them. I never once said that I am better than them. All I said is their lifestyle choice, I believe, is wrong. I still love them and even enjoy spending time with them.

So you don't look down on them?

Not at all

Not at all

So if you love them, and you enjoy spending time with them, and you are not better than them, then what about them is comparable to shooting heroin? In what way do you judge them? Negatively, or positively?

Everyone is talking about how it is their life style, who are we to judge. But if this person was choosing to shoot up heroine in there free time I would definetely judge them. I personally do believe that living a homosexual lifestyle is wrong. But it is just as morally wrong as all the guys out there sleeping around with girls. I would still cheer for him and support him as a husker, but would not support his lifestyle.

Comparing a a drug such as heroine, somthing that can kill you, to one's sexual oreintation is way off IMO. It is a choice that someone can make, but we are talking about someone's choice to sleep with a man or a woman. Not to take drugs, and do something illegal.

It is more extreme...but they are both lifestyle choices that are definetely judgeable

Not at all

So if you love them, and you enjoy spending time with them, and you are not better than them, then what about them is comparable to shooting heroin? In what way do you judge them? Negatively, or positively?

Everyone is talking about how it is their life style, who are we to judge. But if this person was choosing to shoot up heroine in there free time I would definetely judge them. I personally do believe that living a homosexual lifestyle is wrong. But it is just as morally wrong as all the guys out there sleeping around with girls. I would still cheer for him and support him as a husker, but would not support his lifestyle.

Comparing a a drug such as heroine, somthing that can kill you, to one's sexual oreintation is way off IMO. It is a choice that someone can make, but we are talking about someone's choice to sleep with a man or a woman. Not to take drugs, and do something illegal.

It is more extreme...but they are both lifestyle choices that are definetely judgeable

I'm judging them by saying that their lifestyle is morally wrong. They have made some poor decisions in their life. I have too, that doesnt make either of us bad people.

Sorry had some things to take care of, wasnt avoiding. Knap, you are missing my point, not all people feel the same way. Why is a bare breast illeagal? It's not hurting anyone, infact I would argue it brings pleasure to some. Everyone has there vice, for some it's bare breast (ex wife was a prude), for others it's two dudes kissing, for others it's dudes with long hair, for others it's short skirts. If you are going to argue for open sexuality, then you have to argue for total openess. You are trying to pick one thing and say thats ok but the rest is not. I am again not saying it's right, but it is the world we live in. I am not changing my stance, what happens behind closed doors is not my bussiness. I used to catch hell from my ex cuz I liked to walk around my own house naked, she used to say what if the neighbors see you, I used to say, well they shouldnt be looking. I understand your point!!!! My arguement is if bare breast affect some people, why would you assume men kissing would'nt? How can you be pro one and not the other?

I'm judging them by saying that their lifestyle is morally wrong. They have made some poor decisions in their life. I have too, that doesnt make either of us bad people.

So you believe that they choose to be gay?

Completely. Now they might have some biological differences like having a little more estrogen in them, but I do believe that it is a choice.

So you believe that they choose to be gay?

Completely. Now they might have some biological differences like having a little more estrogen in them, but I do believe that it is a choice.

I presume, being close to these family members, that they have told you that they did not choose to be gay, correct? If not, I encourage you to ask them about their "choice," and have a discussion about it with them.