Washington at Nebraska Preview

Now that was ugly.

Well the good news is that the game on the 17th is being picked up Nationally!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootballblog/2015254731_kickoff_time_tv_set_for_nebras.html

I think there's enough intrigue in this matchup that should make for an exciting game. The Holiday Bowl was kind of

boring with the low offensive output. I think this next game should be much better.

Now that was ugly.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootballblog/2015254731_kickoff_time_tv_set_for_nebras.html

I think there's enough intrigue in this matchup that should make for an exciting game. The Holiday Bowl was kind of

boring with the low offensive output. I think this next game should be much better.

Good info. I saw this today and was glad to see it, can't wait for Round Three! :bigredn::bonesflag::throwdabones1::snacks:

And yes, Washington WAS the better team that NIGHT in the Holiday Bowl. But for many reasons listed. Yes they won, yes they earned it, however you also have to look at the full picture too. Sure, we should have been more mentally prepared, and that's on the coaching staff, but there were other issues as well, and they have all been stated.

Now that was ugly.

Good info. I saw this today and was glad to see it, can't wait for Round Three! :bigredn::bonesflag::throwdabones1::snacks:

And yes, Washington WAS the better team that NIGHT in the Holiday Bowl. But for many reasons listed. Yes they won, yes they earned it, however you also have to look at the full picture too. Sure, we should have been more mentally prepared, and that's on the coaching staff, but there were other issues as well, and they have all been stated.

Anyone that's watched sports knows when a team comes out flat. I remember way back in 1990 when we played UCLA. We had pretty much demolished everyone in the Pac -10 that mattered and had clinched a Rose Bowl berth the game before. There was talk about a "let down" but the team said they'd be focused. By the end of the first qtr I had a sick feeling...I knew the team was flat as a pancake and only hoped that we'd get a few big plays and the Defense would save our butts.

Didn't happen...we lost 22-25 but it reset the team and we went on to win the Rose Bowl. The next year every dipsh*t analyst loved to say the 91 team was lucky that it didn't have to play UCLA. Puhleeze...we would have killed them.

We caught Nebraska on a down night. How else does a team when when it's QB only completes 4 passes? Anyone that watches football knows how devastating let downs are but they cannot be prevented. It's a sports phenomenon.

Sept 17 is going to bring all the excitement these teams can muster. I'm looking forward to meeting Big Red again.

Second rate conference? What was the bowl record of the Big 12 in the Bowl games? Did you guys have a NCG representative? Amuse me with your excuses? You have those on your side, I have facts.

Enough already. My word - you make fun of some guy for saying "lulz" after you said "waahhh", and the proceed to argue with everybody that disagrees with you. Perhaps you should check your own maturity at the door. Furthermore, I don't think there's any room for you to call somebody a teenage girl when you accuse Nebraska of using "illegal tactics" like a tattle tale on the playground. If it were illegal it'd be called a penalty, right?

You're the exact reason we've had problems with Washington fans on this board following the bowl game. Most of them come on here, pretend the non-con game didn't happen and then say Nebraska has no reason to make excuses for their Holiday Bowl loss. I'm sorry, but your fans made handfuls of excuses for why Nebraska destroyed you in the non-conference. The truth of the matter is Nebraska suffered a key injury to the most important member of our offense, a member of our offense that masked the bad consistency and execution errors Nebraska had for many games during the season. Without Martinez at full healthy, we just weren't the same team plain and simple.

There's no way you or anybody can convince me that motivation wasn't a factor in that game. Nebraska got worse after the season went a long because of injuries and poor execution on offense, and was then told they had to go to a bowl game they did not expect to fall to and play a team they had dominated earlier in the season. And by dominate, I mean we literally made you look like you didn't belong on the field once the second half started. Washington, conversely, got better as the season progressed and made it to a bowl game that realistically speaking was better than what they deserved. Washington then had the chance to face a team that embarrassed them earlier in the season. Add those two things together and you have a motivated Washington team going against a Nebraska team that failed near the end of the season and fell to a bowl game they didn't want to be in. This team had BCS prospects that they let flounder away, and somehow they're supposed to be motivated to face a less talented Washington team? I'm sorry, but your argument is faulty.

Lastly, can you please tell me how upset you are about how Nebraska plays defense and all of those "illegal tactics" they use? Honestly, I love reading you complain. Nebraska has a top 10 defense to show for it, and Washington ranked what, exactly?

I guess there's nothing left for me to say. Oh wait, I almost forgot...

LULZ

What??

Second rate conference? What was the bowl record of the Big 12 in the Bowl games? Did you guys have a NCG representative? Amuse me with your excuses? You have those on your side, I have facts.

Enough already. My word - you make fun of some guy for saying "lulz" after you said "waahhh", and the proceed to argue with everybody that disagrees with you. Perhaps you should check your own maturity at the door. Furthermore, I don't think there's any room for you to call somebody a teenage girl when you accuse Nebraska of using "illegal tactics" like a tattle tale on the playground. If it were illegal it'd be called a penalty, right?

You're the exact reason we've had problems with Washington fans on this board following the bowl game. Most of them come on here, pretend the non-con game didn't happen and then say Nebraska has no reason to make excuses for their Holiday Bowl loss. I'm sorry, but your fans made handfuls of excuses for why Nebraska destroyed you in the non-conference. The truth of the matter is Nebraska suffered a key injury to the most important member of our offense, a member of our offense that masked the bad consistency and execution errors Nebraska had for many games during the season. Without Martinez at full healthy, we just weren't the same team plain and simple.

There's no way you or anybody can convince me that motivation wasn't a factor in that game. Nebraska got worse after the season went a long because of injuries and poor execution on offense, and was then told they had to go to a bowl game they did not expect to fall to and play a team they had dominated earlier in the season. And by dominate, I mean we literally made you look like you didn't belong on the field once the second half started. Washington, conversely, got better as the season progressed and made it to a bowl game that realistically speaking was better than what they deserved. Washington then had the chance to face a team that embarrassed them earlier in the season. Add those two things together and you have a motivated Washington team going against a Nebraska team that failed near the end of the season and fell to a bowl game they didn't want to be in. This team had BCS prospects that they let flounder away, and somehow they're supposed to be motivated to face a less talented Washington team? I'm sorry, but your argument is faulty.

Lastly, can you please tell me how upset you are about how Nebraska plays defense and all of those "illegal tactics" they use? Honestly, I love reading you complain. Nebraska has a top 10 defense to show for it, and Washington ranked what, exactly?

I guess there's nothing left for me to say. Oh wait, I almost forgot...

LULZ

Owned. Utterly, owned and destroyed. Well done. +1

Be careful Enhance....we wouldn't want to show up our splendid troll-infested guest and give him a lesson on hypocrisy or show him anything like that.... ;)

• Fire 1

Now that was ugly.

Anyone that's watched sports knows when a team comes out flat. I remember way back in 1990 when we played UCLA. We had pretty much demolished everyone in the Pac -10 that mattered and had clinched a Rose Bowl berth the game before. There was talk about a "let down" but the team said they'd be focused. By the end of the first qtr I had a sick feeling...I knew the team was flat as a pancake and only hoped that we'd get a few big plays and the Defense would save our butts.

Didn't happen...we lost 22-25 but it reset the team and we went on to win the Rose Bowl. The next year every dipsh*t analyst loved to say the 91 team was lucky that it didn't have to play UCLA. Puhleeze...we would have killed them.

We caught Nebraska on a down night. How else does a team when when it's QB only completes 4 passes? Anyone that watches football knows how devastating let downs are but they cannot be prevented. It's a sports phenomenon.

Sept 17 is going to bring all the excitement these teams can muster. I'm looking forward to meeting Big Red again.

Excellent post.

Why are we even entertaining this f'ing a-hole???? The only reason he is here, is to troll. He's not gonna show up after UW gets raped in September. He's gonna go full bitch, and never post here again. Somebody save us all the trouble, and just ban the retard.

The troll has been reined in. Please do not feed the trolls.

Already taken care of. ;)

Why are we even entertaining this f'ing a-hole???? The only reason he is here, is to troll. He's not gonna show up after UW gets raped in September. He's gonna go full bitch, and never post here again. Somebody save us all the trouble, and just ban the retard.

The troll has been reined in. Please do not feed the trolls.

Already taken care of. ;)

Grassy ass! I'm on my iPhone, so I missed that post.

• 3 weeks later...

It's interesting how similar these preview posts are by fans of ALL teams. (Nebraska included, Husky fan.)

It's almost like you could start with a template and just plug in names.

We lost _____, _______, and _________ . . . but _________, __________, and _____________, will be at least as good if not better.

We recruited _______________ last year and he was the _______ best (random position) and he is AWESOME.

The defense last year (was awesome/sucked) but you can be sure that it will be better with _______ lining up at _________.

Did you know that __________ was a Heisman candidate? Yes, he graduated, but _____________ looked INCREDIBLE during spring scrimmages.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Exactly! Carlfense nails it.

Iowa fans, Washington fans, etc, there's not a dimes worth of difference in their breakdown. For fun, we could break it down even further with.....

"Everyone we have returning will be AA's and all new players will be vastly improved from who played for us last year."