Clapping for the other team

I know the whole clapping for the other team is supposed to be the "Nebraska" way. I for one will not take part in it. It makes me sick when these same people that cuss at the Big Red the whole game turn around and clap for the other team. I don't get it. Tech had 5 personal fouls yesterday and were taking cheap shots the whole game. If you ask me that is not a team that I want to clap for. I think this whole tradition is for the birds. I know this might not be popular but oh well.

really? well, maybe he's just p*ssed we didn't give him the bazillion point blow he expected.

oh well #33. you came to nebraska, you got your win but now you *know* you and your rump raider buddies ain't as good as you think you are. if it wasn't for Smith's desire to run one back (which i'm not gonna blame him for: he's a kid who wanted to win, too, y'kno?), it would have been you leaving with a 4-1.

you Rump Raiders ain't all that, and you certainly ain't a bag of chips. you didn't win the game because they were better, the won it because of our mistake.

and guess what, #33? we can improve. and we've been improving all season. more than TTech has this season. the annoucers even said as much during the game.

i don't know if we'll have a nine win season this year, but it's looking better and better each week.

but i do know if you Rump Raiders don't tighten up their game soon, a herd of whornes are gonna eat your lunch on the 22nd. that is one game i'm gonna f*ckin' tivo.

as for Nebraska, i'm keeping the faith. next week, baylor (who just smacked down ISU, i might add) gets taken to the woodshed.

i can hard wait.

GBR.

I hear what you are saying. Also, DJR noticed that #33 stomped on the N in the middle of the field before he left.

Yeah, that about made me want to hop the fence and take down the fu&*#r right there. :steam:steam You guys won, respect the fans here, they respect you. Act like you have been there before. I wasn't about to clap for them, I did my best to hold back an obsenity-ladened tirade. I hope both of these teams rematch in December.

Yeah, I've never seen so many head tackles and facemasks in one game. It almost looks like they practice that move and intend to take players out of the game in dirty, filthy ways.

That was GREAT, though, when Ross dropped #36. I don't know if you could see it on TV, but the guy kept shoving and pushing him after the play was over, under his shoulder pads, pushing them up in his face, then ross just turned and popped him on the bottom of his face mask, a nice quick upper, and dropped the guy flat on his arse. Made me so happy. TT is a damb dirty team.

Oh, and I do blame smith (?) for running the ball back... either him or the coach-- d tackles should never try to run with the ball... it's not what they do and they should be taugh just that... fall on it, get down. You're NOT going to run it back... meh... best and worst game I've ever seen.

In every sport it is always the lastest error that gets the blame for a loss (Smith). But in realty if you look at the box stats, turnovers and penalties for 4 qtrs are what cost us this game. This should give all of us great hope, because these growing pains will be corrected.

With Bowman, Lucky and Glenn getting more and more playing time and with Brooks in the wings, we should have a fun season remaining. This first game that we scored multiple touchdowns and were able to rush and pass concistently.

It appears to me that the big hurdle for us this year will be CU in

Boulder. They are seasoned and well coached with talent. But I can only hope that ISU can pull an ipset!

If they were playing dirty intentionally, disrupting our usual game rituals is a victory for them. So, what we going to boo them off the field for beating us? Nah, it was a hard fought game from the end of the 2nd quarter on. In the end, they made the plays and came out on top. Now, I don't really think they were intentionally being dirty, think they were kinda scrambling a bit. They're not used to a team coming back from a 21-0 lead. So, I give credit to TT, they got it done. But, I also give credit to our team for playing their bloody hearts out, and not giving up. This Husker team showed BIG promise today.

So, when was the last time a Husker team came back from at least a 21 point defecit to take the lead in a game? (regardless of final outcome)... someone look that up.

Oh, and I do blame smith (?) for running the ball back... either him or the coach-- d tackles should never try to run with the ball... it's not what they do and they should be taugh just that... fall on it, get down. You're NOT going to run it back... meh... best and worst game I've ever seen.

i don't. he's a college kid, saw the ball pop loose and said to him, "let's do this thing!"

it happens. on to the next game.

i don't. he's a college kid, saw the ball pop loose and said to him, "let's do this thing!"

it happens. on to the next game.

:yeah

These kids sit in their dorm rooms and watch Sports Center highlights, I'm sure.

If you'll recall the Michigan/Michigan State game earlier this year a BIG defensive lineman ran a fumble back some 60-70 yards for a touchdown late in the game.

If you don't think these kids don't think they can do the same thing, given the opportunity, you're gravely mistaken.

Granted he should have went down, there's no telling what YOU would have done under the same circumstances with all of the emotions that encompassed Memorial Stadium last night.

Instead of riding Smith, we should be encouraging him and quit raking him over the coals. He is a BLACKSHIRT; a majority of the reason NU is 4-1 and not 2-3.

:worshipBLACKSHIRTS :worship

My understanding is that if NU would have held on to win the 21 point deficit would have been the largest one EVER to be overcome...

VERY PROUD of the way we came back...

at 0-21 last year's team would have packed it in...

shows me the heart this team has...

it is slowly but surely (and don't call me shirley) becoming one of my favorite Husker teams...

and I have been going to games since 1957!!!!

GBR