Clapping for the other team

Get up LeKevin. We need you now more than ever!!!!

The kid was as big a part as anyone playing a role in the comeback. He was playing his butt off all day. Great performance, one play that he got lost in the moment. I can't fault him for that, at least he wasn't showboating like Leon Lett or something. Bring it against the Bears, man!

Texas Tech football notebook

Show of respect

Tech players got a dose of the good sportsmanship Nebraska fans are famous for Saturday. After the Red Raiders won 34-31 on a touchdown pass with 12 seconds left, most of the Cornhuskers fans seated in the north end zone stayed long enough to applaud Tech players who ran beneath them and between them in the tunnel leading to the locker room.

"That's part of the Nebraska tradition,'' Tech coach Mike Leach said. "That's part of what makes this place great. That's part of what makes this stadium great is it's not the same as everybody else's. What makes their fans great is they're not the same as everybody else's. It's just exciting to me and I think our entire team to be part of the Nebraska tradition and to have played in this game.''

Yeah, I've never seen so many head tackles and facemasks in one game. It almost looks like they practice that move and intend to take players out of the game in dirty, filthy ways.

That was GREAT, though, when Ross dropped #36. I don't know if you could see it on TV, but the guy kept shoving and pushing him after the play was over, under his shoulder pads, pushing them up in his face, then ross just turned and popped him on the bottom of his face mask, a nice quick upper, and dropped the guy flat on his arse. Made me so happy. TT is a damb dirty team.

Oh, and I do blame smith (?) for running the ball back... either him or the coach-- d tackles should never try to run with the ball... it's not what they do and they should be taugh just that... fall on it, get down. You're NOT going to run it back... meh... best and worst game I've ever seen.

I don't think TT was intentionally playing to hurt anyone. They are the most penalized team in D1 so far this year. I think they average over 100 yards in penalties per game this year. I haven't seen the game yet, as I had to listen to it on the radio. There was one play in particular that Rose kind of threw a fit about when one of our receivers was hit after the play was clearly over. But other than that, they didn't seem to think it was too bad. They just mentioned that TT was the most penalized team in D1, and that they were averaging something like 110 yards a game in penalties.

Texas Tech football notebook

Show of respect

Tech players got a dose of the good sportsmanship Nebraska fans are famous for Saturday. After the Red Raiders won 34-31 on a touchdown pass with 12 seconds left, most of the Cornhuskers fans seated in the north end zone stayed long enough to applaud Tech players who ran beneath them and between them in the tunnel leading to the locker room.

"That's part of the Nebraska tradition,'' Tech coach Mike Leach said. "That's part of what makes this place great. That's part of what makes this stadium great is it's not the same as everybody else's. What makes their fans great is they're not the same as everybody else's. It's just exciting to me and I think our entire team to be part of the Nebraska tradition and to have played in this game.''

You never really know how you would react during a situation until you experience it yourself, and I wasnt at the game so I cant say for sure if I wouldve clapped or not after such a heart-breaking loss & especially after seeing that a$$hat disrespect our stadium.

But I agree with TheKid when he said that we shouldnt let 1 or 2 people change our tradition. Enduring a loss and maintaining our values shows other teams we are not just good fans, but extremely strong people as well.

And as many have noted before, its real easy to be good sports when we're blasting teams every game, but for our fans to still carry through with this after a loss that was nearly as gut-wrenching as 70-10 - this is a true sign of class, and shows that this tradition isnt only an act.

I think this says it all

We should be proud that we are confident enough to do our own thing despite being in the minority. Stay strong, stay classy, and stay Red!!

:horns2