Tressels Resignation - Good for Nebraska?

Guys like Les Wexner had enough and that is what made him resign or be fired.

Les is filthy rich but does he have that kind of pull?

He is the Chair of Ohio State's Board of Trustees and recently gave the university 100 million.

I refuse to believe they aren't cooperating just due to the fact I refuse to believe someone making more money than me is that stupid.

Listen Coqui, you're a good poster and undoubtedly a good fan but it's time to start calling this situation what it is: a monumental cluster@#$%/cheating scandal that OSU either knew of or was willfully ignorant of. It gets deeper every day.

Worse than USC

The website SportsByBrooks reported that the NCAA enforcement staff has discovered “dozens of payments [quarterback Terrelle] Pryor received in past years from a Columbus sports memorabilia dealer. … the NCAA violations were discovered when the name of the local memorabilia dealer, Dennis Talbott, was seen on checks Pryor was depositing in his personal bank account.”

***snip***

If there are deposited checks from a memorabilia dealer in Pryor’s account, then the school should have found them in December. There is simply no excuse for not uncovering them. This isn’t a hundred-dollar handshake in a back alley somewhere. It’s all there in black and white. All they had to do was look at the statements.

***snip***

For Ohio State, it was another form of the cover-up Tressel started nine months prior. This is college sports’ highest-paid AD (Smith), highest-paid president (Gee) and arguably most-powerful person (Delany), millionaires one and all, making a mockery of the very NCAA statutes and procedures they create, enforce and claim to hold dear.

You realize my post was made after that article was published. Meaning after that article, there's nothing left they should be trying to hide. Just grin, bend over, and take it. Get it over with. I refuse to believe, they still think they have a chance of hiding something. That's what I meant.

Haven't you said similar . . . in this very thread? We keep hearing new allegations and you keep saying some variation of "well that's all there is!"

No, what I have been saying was that all the stuff mentioned was already reported tot he NCAA back in December. This whole pay for autographs with Pryor was the first thing new (that I know of) that hadn't been reported a while back. The story about the additional 9 players , while also new, had so many holes put through it, it's tough to believe that article (naming specifically those players and specifically what they did) But the article on Pryor, that's what made me think it's time to just stop it all and get it over with. There's still a chance that article is false or misinformed, but we're talking below 1% chance IMO.

Perhaps this will be the new, last, bit of dirt revealed.

I think everyone leaving was a way to avoid as much punishment as possible (damage control). They no longer have to talk to the ncaa and as long as there is no proof any one beyond them knew what was going on, they will skate by. Is it right? I dont know. Heck even JT said he left because it was best for OH St.