Tressels Resignation - Good for Nebraska?

I don't see how weakening the conference is good for us. If our goal is to win a conference and a lot of games, we should've joined the Sun Belt conference. When the Big 8 was at its weakest, I felt we were unprepared to play top teams in the bowl games.

The only good this does for us is where we go head-to-head in recruiting with OSU.

There's always the chance that Bo will take the head coach job but I don't know how likely that is.

I don't see how weakening the conference is good for us. If our goal is to win a conference and a lot of games, we should've joined the Sun Belt conference. When the Big 8 was at its weakest, I felt we were unprepared to play top teams in the bowl games.

The only good this does for us is where we go head-to-head in recruiting with OSU.

There's always the chance that Bo will take the head coach job but I don't know how likely that is.

great let the Urban Meyer speculation start now lol

great let the Urban Meyer speculation start now lol

More like the Bo returning to his alma mater speculation.

I don't think Bo will bolt for OSU because i think the only reason he would leave is he felt he has done all he could do here and he hasn't.

I suspect that it's going to be hard for them to get an established, big name head coach into that job. Who is going to want to take over a program that's about to get hammered by the NCAA? I offer Mike Shula (Alabama) and Lane Kiffin (USC) as examples.

Wow! Too bad the Huskers will never get the chance to face a Jim Tressel coached Buckeye team. Jim brought his woes upon himself

and the Buckeyes. He should have lived out the ethics he talked and wrote about, by walking the talk. Sure,the program might have been

spanked pretty hard if he'd fessed up when he should have, but now it's really too little, too late to stem the damage done. It's sad to see a such a

respected coach and his program go down in scandal and shame. I don't think Bo will bolt for OSU under these circumstances, but the OSU coaching

search is going to be interesting when it gets underway.

Tressels Resignation - Good for Nebraska?

This will help put an end to the controversy. Well, put an end sooner than if he stuck around. Tressle's resignation is best for tOSU, and for the B1G. So I guess it's best for NU too.

Good for Nebraska for many reasons, one of which means that we have a very good chance to be the sole standard bearer for the B1G this year.

If Nebraska's meteoric accomplishments (read: NC or BCS game) via moving to the B1G can offset the Ohio State scandal this year, Delaney will have exceeded whatever initial ROI he expected for us. That would certainly earn quite a bit of favor with the main man that could pay dividends for years to come.

Of course, the very real worry is that we lose Bo to Ohio State. Coaching expectations won't be astronomically high as long as Ohio State remains on probation--that gives whomever goes there a nice, comfy cushion in which to build their program.

While I think that would be perfect for Urban Meyer's ego and ticker, something tells me that Bo will be at the top of their list.

I am sure this story is far from over and I believe OSU will wait until the season is over before they start the search for a new head coach. Being in Ohio, I don't believe Bo will be the next coach at OSU. I am sure his name will be brought up because of his Ohio ties but I just don't see it happening.

It will be interesting to see how Ohio State shakes up the coaching staff in the end. Will they think they current coaching staff is too close to Tressel? If OSU can keep a lock on the top talent in Ohio and still stay active nationally, their talent level won't dip too much (depending if they lose scholarships).

It will be interesting if anything else comes out in the wake of all this.

okaive, Why do you care what OSU fans say about the outcome of the game? It isn't like this happened the night before the game. OSU and Nebraska will have plenty of time to prepare for the game. The biggest question at that point will be.....Does OSU play Miller or Pryor at QB?