It's Nebraska Week at Off Tackle Empire

GSG

Isn't OTE pretty much the same thing as Bleacher Report? This is basically a bunch of amateur bloggers posting their opinions, the same as what happens on most every message board, right?

It looks to me like they have higher standards than Bleacher Report. Decent writing. Fewer ad laden slideshows.

Enjoyed it. Wil read again.

Isn't OTE pretty much the same thing as Bleacher Report? This is basically a bunch of amateur bloggers posting their opinions, the same as what happens on most every message board, right?

Yeah, but they have a few quality writers who have literally made me laugh out loud once or twice.

The downside is that there seems to be a pretty heavy Iowa tint to things over there, and, it could just be me, but I'm starting to get the impression that they don't like us very much. I barely even slept last night because of it.

Yeah, but they have a few quality writers who have literally made me laugh out loud once or twice.

The downside is that there seems to be a pretty heavy Iowa tint to things over there, and, it could just be me, but I'm starting to get the impression that they don't like us very much. I barely even slept last night because of it.

Nah they have haters from everywhere. They are kind of funny, but you have to read stuff and not take it to heart.My link

I found it funny how this article tries to play up an IA/MN rivalry, I mean come on.

I don't care if they post negative things about Nebraska as long as they do them coherently and without bias. Unfortunately, the "misunderstandings" sounds like a butt-hurt Iowa fan wrote it and tried to cover up his tracks without doing a very good job. He has compelling arguments, but his presentation could turn off a lot of visitors from the site.

Nebraska fans are probably the most supportive internet fan base out there, which means we could add huge hits to their website. That kind of writing won't attract many fans.

You know what? F these guys at off-tackle empire. This is the picture they choose to run with the Pelini article:

53773_Nebraska_Petulant_Pelini_Football.jpg

Anyone recognize this guy? He's the line judge from the A&M, Texas and Iowa State games, part of the crew that called a 3:1 disparity in penalties against Nebraska - including 16 penalties in the A&M game to A&M's two - the same A&M team that was third in the Big XII in penalties behind Baylor and Nebraska.

You want to rant about Pelini's temper, fine. But don't label him "petulant" (the title of the pic) and don't cite a game where he clearly got mugged by the officials as your example.

Actually, if you want to see Pelini's temper check out some of his old hits as a defensive back at tOSU (I remember watching a youtube video of him putting on vicious hits when he was healthy, couldn't find on a quick check, but I am sure it can be found). As a caveat, I do not use "tOSU" as a moniker for 'Thee,' but rather it has become common usage even among sportswriters to distinguish b/t Oklahoma State, Oregon State, and Ohio State.

Just a disclaimer :blink:

Updated the original post with what I think is their last one on us for the week. It's actually a blog post from a KSUcks guy talking about how we have this "holier than thou" approach as fans and how boring the state of Nebraska is, etc.

Updated the original post with what I think is their last one on us for the week. It's actually a blog post from a KSUcks guy talking about how we have this "holier than thou" approach as fans and how boring the state of Nebraska is, etc.

I laughed a lot at that last one. Some of it is spot on . . . other stuff not so much. (For example, no Kansan can complain about there being nothing to do in Nebraska and Omaha is not a slightly nicer Wichita . . . it's like a 2-3x nicer Wichita.)