Smith

University of Nebraska-Lincoln football player Le Kevin Smith was cited for third-degree assault and disturbing the peace after allegedly assaulting a university parking cadet who issued him a parking citation Friday.

University Police Sgt. Jerry Plessel said the cadet had just ticketed Smith’s vehicle for improper parking in the South Stadium parking area around 1:45 p.m. when Smith approached him and squeezed his neck a couple of times, causing a choking sensation accompanied by pain, discomfort and redness.

Smith asked to speak to the cadet’s supervisor, but the supervisor called University Police, Plessel said. The police went to the parking area and contacted Smith, citing him for third-degree assault and disturbing the peace.

Smith, 23, is 6-foot-2 and 305 pounds. The senior nose tackle had four tackles and an interception, which he subsequently fumbled, in Nebraska’s 34-31 loss against Texas Tech on Saturday.

LJS

So did this happen on Saturday before the game or was it on Sunday. Obviously he wasn't in a very good mood. Wonder what disciplinary action BC in impose? Will he play next week? The guy has got to be feeling a little down.

First of all not everyone thinks Coach Callahan is such a hardass. The important thing is this an isolated incident or one of numerous problems this athlete has instigated? Granted, Coach suspended Incognito but it was after several problems within the football program and with individuals outside the program. If this is Smiths first offense he should have the opportunity to work out any perceived or actual problems like many other student athletes have done. If this is one of many infractions then suspend him like Incogito.

Consideration is also given for the credibility of the witnesses and statements of the parties involved.

This guy 'literally' drops the ball two days in a row? I'm sorry, but this dude is not focusing on what's important, and I'm not talking football.

This needs to stop fast. I love wins, but I like them much better with integrity. Playing Smith vs. Baylor does NOT show that.

Le Kevin did NOT let his team down by trying to run the ball. It was a mistake, and I bet ALOT of us would make it being in his shoes. The only thing he is guilty of is trying to score when he shouldn't have. Trying to win when one different action would have done it.

He DID, however, let his team down by acting this ASSININE about a parking situation. This is rediculous in my book. I'd hate to not have Smith playing Sat., but I'd rather see he11 freeze over than NU turn into Scandal and Sneaker University. Just my .02.

I believe we will now more today about what Smith's status is for the Baylor game. It the situation was serious enough, I would expect Smith to not start or not play against Baylor.

Way to jump the gun, Benard. Modus operandi.

FWIW, I hated the "Campus police" when I was in college. Worthless. One time I was up at the engineering lab late and a friend was coming up to work on his project too. Most of the doors were locked at that time, so I met him down by one of them to let him in. One of these jerkoffs saw me let him in and came up to us and asked "Why did you let him in the door? We can't just be letting people in the doors like that" I said, "Well, I know he is a student here and needs to use these labs. I'll be sure and not let anyone in carrying an AK-47 or anything like that." and walked away. He said something after that but I couldn't care less. It was f'ing dumb.