Next loss

i thought isu would be our biggest challenge in conference, but it seems that cu could be trouble, especially in boulder... i still think that we win out but the defense is going to have to step up down at cu for the last regular season game... and then off to the big 12 championship

I'm not sure this weekend's game is bigger than last weekend, as Baylor has played well lately, but against teams that have proven to be suspect. A&M got manhandled vs. CU and ISU played quite poorly from what i've read and heard. It's still a question mark as to how NU will play on the road against a team with some momentum, especially after an emotionally draining loss. My guess is that the boys are practicing their collective butt off this week though.

IMO a tougher and more telling test will be on the road at Mizzou. Again, we keep learning more and more about the team with each game we play. And as has been stated before we could win or lose any game left on the schedule, so every game is a big game for this team. Let's hope they play that way. I don't know if there will be another loss, but my guess is the loss comes on the road - probably MU or CU. We'll see what happens.

The game this weekend is bigger than the last one was...IMHO.

I agree with you here. This game will show how the team bounces back and also how they play on the road. If NU comes out flat and tanks this one, then questions arise for the rest of the season. However, I do not think this will happen. :thumbs

The game this weekend is bigger than the last one was...IMHO.

I agree with you here. This game will show how the team bounces back and also how they play on the road. If NU comes out flat and tanks this one, then questions arise for the rest of the season. However, I do not think this will happen. :thumbs

Yes, the Baylor game is the biggest of the season.

With this team the next game is always going to be the most important. But man are they fun to watch. This aint no cloud of dust offense. I am truly beginning to enjoy watching this team more than some of our best. They are under talented, not suited for the offense and are still moving forward every game. I am very impressed with what BC and staff have down with this team. The future is bright, the cup is half full and we are the BIG RED again!!!!!

I don't understand why people keep thinking Mizzou will be a tough game. Sure it's a road game, but our defense (which was suppose to be one of the best in nation last year coming off a unbeliebable interception season) shut down Brad Smith. I am talking about a defense that played uninspired last year and not all the defensive players were behind the coaches.

Mizzou lost to a 3-3 New Mexico team (45-35), got blown out by Texas, and allowed Oklahoma St (the worst offensive team in the Big12) 31 points last weekend. Oklahoma St was averaging 17 points a game. Missouri allowed them almost double that

CU shut Okie St out completly. Missouri's defense is allowing an average of 33 points per game to opponents (Last in the Big12). I don't believe Missouri even comes close (offensive wise) to the firepower Tech threw at us last weekend, and if Arkansas St can score 17 on them, Troy can score 21 on them, and Oklahoma St can score 31 on them, then we should be able to rip their defense apart with our current offense. Our Offense is MUCH better then Arkansas St, Troy, and Oklahoma St combined.

Baylor has one of the top 3 defenses in the Big12 this season with Nebraska and Texas, and if Nebraska can score on Baylor defense without a problem, we should be able to score on Missouri's defense which ranks 11th in the Big12 in total defense (ahead of Texas A&M)