Hawkeye Yellow song LOL

Apathy

Consider that over the past decade we feel that we have been as good as Nebraska

You mean your best decade in the last 40 years?

Our worst decade in the last 40 years?

THIS is why Nebraska Fan does not feel that we are similar. Your best = our worst.

Do you really want me to blow your mind? I will think about the statement of "your best = our worst" IF you will think about the statment, but can your worst stay better than our worst? See what I am saying?

10 years is a bit of time. If you stop and think about it, you could never say, I am 100% sure next year the Huskers will have a better record than Iowa. Once you figure that out how about in two years? 5? 10? 40? Many B10 fans (not just Iowa) just dont see the Huskers doing so well this year. Next? 5? 10? 40? There is no reason to think you'll ever have a better record than us again.

Once you start to think like that with 5 or 6 other B10 teams besides Nebraska, the more you will find you like the B10 and you will also find the other teams fans to be better hosts. (Ofcourse I am not saying you still dont have to pay attention to what tailgate your walking into or thru, but what I have said goes along way in some circles.)

We all have good teams and we all have high hopes, somebodys got to win and somebodys got to lose. The deal is just about any given year you got, N, Wisky, Iowa, fOSU, Penn, now MIST, and it sounds like MI might be getting ready to START playing ball. Then you have ILL and NU that like to be the hair in the butter. So unless your willing to bet the farm, the whole better than attitude can be checked at the door, otherwise I really advise you to not make any trips to away games.

um. what?

Consider that over the past decade we feel that we have been as good as Nebraska

THIS is why Nebraska Fan does not feel that we are similar. Your best = our worst.

Do you really want me to blow your mind? I will think about the statement of "your best = our worst" IF you will think about the statment, but can your worst stay better than our worst? See what I am saying?

10 years is a bit of time. If you stop and think about it, you could never say, I am 100% sure next year the Huskers will have a better record than Iowa. Once you figure that out how about in two years? 5? 10? 40? Many B10 fans (not just Iowa) just dont see the Huskers doing so well this year. Next? 5? 10? 40? There is no reason to think you'll ever have a better record than us again.

Once you start to think like that with 5 or 6 other B10 teams besides Nebraska, the more you will find you like the B10 and you will also find the other teams fans to be better hosts. (Ofcourse I am not saying you still dont have to pay attention to what tailgate your walking into or thru, but what I have said goes along way in some circles.)

We all have good teams and we all have high hopes, somebodys got to win and somebodys got to lose. The deal is just about any given year you got, N, Wisky, Iowa, fOSU, Penn, now MIST, and it sounds like MI might be getting ready to START playing ball. Then you have ILL and NU that like to be the hair in the butter. So unless your willing to bet the farm, the whole better than attitude can be checked at the door, otherwise I really advise you to not make any trips to away games.

um. what?

Here let me put it another way. Nebraska is a good team in a conf with many good teams. Justifacation and an elitist attitude, wont fare to well when visiting other venues.

That better?

um. what?

Here let me put it another way. Nebraska is a good team in a conf with many good teams. Justifacation and an elitist attitude, wont fare to well when visiting other venues.

That better?

Sort of. One question though: do you know Tuff Tiger? From school, maybe?

• Fire 1

Do you really want me to blow your mind?

I'd love to see you try! :thumbs

I will think about the statement of "your best = our worst" IF you will think about the statment, but can your worst stay better than our worst? See what I am saying?

Well, that didn't take long. You blew it on your very next sentence. :facepalm:

You just failed. Your premise isn't "can your worst stay better than our worst," your premise is, "can your worst stay better than our best." Why? Because Iowa played this last decade far above their established baseline. You don't have to maintain "good," you have to maintain "best ever." The question is, can you do it? History would tell us no, because not only has Iowa not historically strung together decades of success, but almost no program is able to do so. Those who can (like Nebraska) are the exception, not the rule. Iowa has never been the exception aside from this past decade.

10 years is a bit of time. If you stop and think about it, you could never say, I am 100% sure next year the Huskers will have a better record than Iowa. Once you figure that out how about in two years? 5? 10? 40? Many B10 fans (not just Iowa) just dont see the Huskers doing so well this year. Next? 5? 10? 40?

And yet, Nebraska is picked to win the Legends division by pretty much every major and minor publication out there:

Phil Steele - Nebraska beats Wiscy in the B1G Championship

Rivals - Nebraska loses to Wiscy in the B1G Championship

Fox Sports - Nebraska loses to Wiscy in the B1G Championship

Hawkeye Beat - Has Sparty winning the Legends division, with Nebraska #2 and Iowa #3 (a homer pick, but still funny that they pick us to beat you)

ESPN - Again with the Huskers & Badgers in the B1G Championship game

Big Ten Sportswriters - Nebraska beats Wiscy in the B1G Championship

I could literally go on and on. A lot of Big Ten fans see Nebraska coming in and being immediately competitive. Many of the folks I've spoken to pick us to win the Legends division. Not sure who you're talking to, unless it's other Iowegians.

There is no reason to think you'll ever have a better record than us again.

By this logic, there's no reason to think Iowa will ever have a better record than Indiana ever again. I presume, since this is your premise, that you believe that Iowa will never have a better record than Indiana, correct? If not, why not?

Every post you make shows how little you know about Nebraska/Nebraska Fans. We're widely regarded as some of the nicest fans in all of college football. We're not like Iowa where we're generally disliked - and that's coming from your brothers in Happy Valley, Columbus, Ann Arbor, Minneapolis, Madison, Champaign, etc. We are going to be well-received, and we will act like proper fans. We will not go off like a bunch of hooligans, so we're not going to have to worry about how we're received at tailgates. Like every other town we've gone to, whether that be Blacksburg or Seattle, San Diego or East Lansing, we'll be just fine. But I think I speak for all Nebraska fans when I say thank you for your concern.

Weird how all the folks I talk to at boards of Michigan, Sparty, Ohio State, Penn State, Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin and Northwestern all say how much they can't wait to see us visit. None of them think we have a "better than attitude." (sic) All of them think we're going to be really great for the conference, competitive, and a lot of fun to have around.

Funny thing is, most of them warn me about "Iowa Fan." Kind of makes me wonder if you visit other boards. ;)

So this is what the Big Ten is? Iowa fans whining because we don't view their football program as equal to ours? That's it? There's got to be more to it.

Yeah I know it's like Missouri, KSU and Colorado fans all rolled into one...

KSU is in a class by itself. I know we've somehow started to like bagging on Iowa, but comparing anyone to KSU is just dirty pool and the ultimate low blow.