Curious Buckeye fan

Never trust a guy who can't spell probably, personal policy.

I was being lazy. If you don't think that happens at nebraska then you're a bigger homer than texas fans. These type of violations happen at every university but most of it goes unnoticed. If you don't think violations happen here then you truely are an homer.

If not buying into that "guilty until proven innocent" line of reasoning makes me a homer, then I can live with that. But that would make me a homer to every college football program. Logical thought isn't just exclusive to NU, it's universal. I respectfully request that you provide evidence that the type of stuff that went on at tOSU is currently going on at Nebraska. Please and thank you.

Furthermore, the Sports Illustrated article is about describing a culture of cheating. The anecdote about Tressel rigging the summer camp raffle for star recruits is more telling than his ignorance of all the infractions that took place on his watch.

Nothing worse than a cheating coach. Try coaching little baseball against a bunch of cheating coaches/dads to show you how bad it is.

That is rec baseball for 9, 10, 11, 12 year olds. Imagine a coach that is making millions. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to

figure out some of them are wired to cheat and cheat and cheat, until they fall on their own cheating swords. And this isn't a reference

to Mike Leach either.

Furthermore, the Sports Illustrated article is about describing a culture of cheating. The anecdote about Tressel rigging the summer camp raffle for star recruits is more telling than his ignorance of all the infractions that took place on his watch.

Yet....the star recruits didn't always win. You keep mentioning one article written by a person who has been caught in a lie numerous times (numerous articles - not just about Ohio State.)

He expects people to follow him solely on winning an award previously.

Yet....the star recruits didn't always win. You keep mentioning one article written by a person who has been caught in a lie numerous times (numerous articles - not just about Ohio State.)

He expects people to follow him solely on winning an award previously.

1. It was written by two guys. See where it says "By George Dohrmann with David Epstein?"

2. If this were a lone blogger, I'd buy your argument. But even if it were written by one guy, it's Sports Illustrated - one guy may have "authored" it, but others researched it, conducted interviews for it, and an editor oversaw the whole thing. If they don't have solid sources, they don't print it. This isn't Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com, or "Coqui" the rabid Ohio State fan and message board poster - it's Sports Illustrated. You're simply blinded by your own fandom, citing a blog post in defense of Ohio State while simultaneously accusing Sports Illustrated of flat-out lying. SI could be wrong - but at least they're a reliable news organization that I know has done their homework, checked their sources, and put in print what they believe to be the truth. They're not fans with too much time on their hands who decide to conduct their own personal investigation of the entire matter in order to prove that the football team they love so dearly wasn't really that bad after all.

3. Really? In defense of "Tressel rigged raffles at summer camps to ensure that best recruits got the prizes," you say, "the best recruits didn't always win?" Way to reach for the stars, Ohio State.

4. I have nothing against Ohio State. Very few, if any Husker fans, have anything against Ohio State. We have no history with you. We're looking forward to being in the same conference as you, and we're looking forward to competing against you at your best. This whole situation has absolutely nothing to do with people holding a grudge against Ohio State. The media sensationalism (which is real, just not as great as OSU fans think it is) isn't because "The media hates Ohio State." It's because Jim Tressel and Ohio State have stood up on a pedestal and preached down to everyone else about how things should be done, only to be exposed as being just as corrupt as the programs they were preaching to. In that sense, this whole mess is the fault of Ohio State, and nobody else. With that said, the fact that the OSU fan base is now acting like they've been victimized by the media makes me dislike OSU more than any of the infractions that took place (except for the raffle, which was pretty disgusting).

Also, if you can show me where Dohrmann lied in that article, and cite your source, I'll be interested. The blog that you cited before doesn't do anything for me, and I'm a completely objective fan. An OSU fan's blog saying that the University couldn't find any wrongdoing with 8 players that Dohrmann had mentioned in the original article doesn't do anything for me. Auburn couldn't find anything wrong with Cam Newton either - I'm not moved. It's like asking the Nixon White House to investigate Watergate, and when they say, "We couldn't find anything wrong!" you're like, "See, Bob Woodward was just LYING!"

• Fire 1