Curious Buckeye fan

i have never been a big 10 fan, and never will be, though my beloved cornhuskers are now there... i never voted for it, would have like them to join the pac 10...

sort of wished nu was still in the big 12, and texas was forced to spread the wealth around....colleges are for education, not the stock market

Then why do you hate the Big 10 which is under the Ivy league in terms of the epitome of an educational collective?

Let's suppose that by some miracle the Ohio State team manages to rally the troops due to the program "turmoil" that's been going on and we somehow make it through the season undefeated, do the Buckeyes have the support of the rest of the Huskers and the Big Ten behind them to bring a NC home to the B1G?

You all have my support to jump into the Olentangy river. I would root for texans, mormons, and meth-heads before rooting for you.

Sir, if you are rooting for Texas, I no longer can associate with you.

try living in columbus for a bit. it will change your mind.

Just like living in Nebraska might about Nebraska

Or living in Ann Arbor might for Michigan

or Happy Valley for Penn State.

Yes you're going to have more die hard rabid fans the closer you live to the stadium.

Last time I checked husker fans don't lead their boy scout troops to yelling derogatory cheers about our rivals. Nor do we have trouble with our fans rioting like a spainard after real madrid loses a game when we beat our rival. Buckeyes are scum and rabid dogs.

Let's suppose that by some miracle the Ohio State team manages to rally the troops due to the program "turmoil" that's been going on and we somehow make it through the season undefeated, do the Buckeyes have the support of the rest of the Huskers and the Big Ten behind them to bring a NC home to the B1G?

After meeting with the NCAA in August my guess would be that they won't be able to even play for the conference championship an its pretty likely they'll be ineligible for bowl games for at least two years. The only way I see this changing is if Smith is fired before the hearing. And I highly doubt they'll appeal any sanctions unless it calls for a major loss of scholarships. They already vacated wins which is usually a sticking point with appeals process.

I think you may be in denial. Rally the troops and somehow go undefeated. I don't think that is in the cards this year. See Texas from last year. Star QB gone!!! Lost 7 games and 6 in conference. You are better off hoping you are bowl eligible with wins and no probation.

Texas still had their "star head coach", if you can call him that and lost 7 games with a wealth of talent.

Chances are even if you were undefeated, your star QB and great head coach set this team back 5 years.

It is already on the news that your top prospect is running away from OSU and heading to UM. He is on record saying that many more Ohio players will be following him to UM. That is very troubling.

I think you should start a thread that says "how long is OSU screwed"?

It is very troubling how corrupt Tressel and tOSU has been with the cars, Clarett, tats, etc. I feel sorry for all the kids that got beat by kids that should of never been on the field last year. Even with vacated wins, the schools you beat don't get credit for the wins. So it is like both schools take the loss but in reality only tOSU should have the loss in those games. So sad.

So, my answer is NO, you don't have my support until you stop cheating and admit you have cheated the game for many years. I don't think Buckeye fans think any rules were broken and that is obvious by this thread. They honestly think Tressel misled some people and got into troubling for looking the other way.

The stuff that tOSU has been doing under tressel is very SMU like. :snacks:

Wow.....just wow.

One he said supposedly....this thread was about conference loyalty in the postseason against the team that beat you. That was it. So you go and attack a hypothetical situation as if he posted it as fact.

Two, SMU really? 2 Violations for Ohio State, 10 for USC, 9 for UNC, 12 for Tennessee, 22 for Boise St. ESPN only reported constantly about Ohio State's. And you wonder why we think ESPN has it out for Ohio State? Other than USC's, all others have happened this year. All of them violated 10.1 which was Ohio State's worst violation. Only USC received a post season ban and scholarship reduction. And there other violations not only were far worse, but encompassed three different sports. So if USC doesn't get the death penalty, and Georgia Tech doesn't get a post season ban for far worse transgressions than Ohio State, how the hell can you even compare Ohio State to SMU?

Please read this article and tell me that he didn't have a habit of cheating the game going back 8 years at tOSU and then even at Youngstown State.

Highlights of the article are:

Story Highlights

Since 2002 at least 28 OSU players are alleged to have traded or sold memorabilia

Ex-Buckeye tells SI he and 'at least 20 others' swapped memorabilia for tattoos

Source tells SI that four Ohio State players traded memorabilia for marijuana

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/magazine/05/30/jim.tressel/index.html#ixzz1SUAHPnU

As coach at Youngstown (Ohio) State in the mid-1990s, he claimed not to know that his star quarterback had received a car and more than $10,000 from a school trustee and his associates -- even though it was later established in court documents that Tressel had told the player to go see the trustee.

In 2003, during Tressel's third season in Columbus, Buckeyes running back Maurice Clarett was found to have received money and other benefits. Even though Tressel said he spent more time with Clarett than with any other player, he also said he did not know that Clarett had been violating the rules.

During Jim Tressel's first four years on the sidelines of Ohio Stadium, then-athletic director Andy Geiger counseled his head football coach six times to improve his compliance with NCAA regulations. Geiger documented his coach's shortcomings in warning letters, and the compliance office in 2005-06 rated Tressel's performance in quickly reporting rules violations as "unacceptable." Other aspects of his compliance efforts were judged "excellent." link:http://www.woio.com/story/15088939/report-jim-tressel-had-compliance-issues-in-past

It sounds like instead of 2 violations, Mr Tressel was very good at not getting caught. Bernie Madoff had this same ability.

OSU is going to lose more ships than USC did. That is my guess. This has been going on for a long time with Tressel. Read up on the star QB that he set up to get bennies and 10k when he coached at YSU. He was behind all of it and it has since come out in legal proceedings.

When you read up on the last 15 years, it doesn't past the smell test. Tressel will set this program back at least 5 years and no way they will be playing in bowl this year. Most of this never sees the light of day if the Tattoo parlor wasn't wrapped up in a federal investigation. Bad timing but really a program that has been cheating for a long time.

Last time I checked husker fans don't lead their boy scout troops to yelling derogatory cheers about our rivals. Nor do we have trouble with our fans rioting like a spainard after real madrid loses a game when we beat our rival. Buckeyes are scum and rabid dogs.

Yes. Damn. The worst word you could possibly ever utter.

And I love how 2 total riots (both in the 90s) are indicative of fan behavior 15 years after they occurred)

I guess I should hate Nebraska, because they feel they have to punch opposing teams fans? That must mean they all do that right?

I think you may be in denial. Rally the troops and somehow go undefeated. I don't think that is in the cards this year. See Texas from last year. Star QB gone!!! Lost 7 games and 6 in conference. You are better off hoping you are bowl eligible with wins and no probation.

Texas still had their "star head coach", if you can call him that and lost 7 games with a wealth of talent.

Chances are even if you were undefeated, your star QB and great head coach set this team back 5 years.

It is already on the news that your top prospect is running away from OSU and heading to UM. He is on record saying that many more Ohio players will be following him to UM. That is very troubling.

I think you should start a thread that says "how long is OSU screwed"?

It is very troubling how corrupt Tressel and tOSU has been with the cars, Clarett, tats, etc. I feel sorry for all the kids that got beat by kids that should of never been on the field last year. Even with vacated wins, the schools you beat don't get credit for the wins. So it is like both schools take the loss but in reality only tOSU should have the loss in those games. So sad.

So, my answer is NO, you don't have my support until you stop cheating and admit you have cheated the game for many years. I don't think Buckeye fans think any rules were broken and that is obvious by this thread. They honestly think Tressel misled some people and got into troubling for looking the other way.

The stuff that tOSU has been doing under tressel is very SMU like. :snacks:

Wow.....just wow.

One he said supposedly....this thread was about conference loyalty in the postseason against the team that beat you. That was it. So you go and attack a hypothetical situation as if he posted it as fact.

Two, SMU really? 2 Violations for Ohio State, 10 for USC, 9 for UNC, 12 for Tennessee, 22 for Boise St. ESPN only reported constantly about Ohio State's. And you wonder why we think ESPN has it out for Ohio State? Other than USC's, all others have happened this year. All of them violated 10.1 which was Ohio State's worst violation. Only USC received a post season ban and scholarship reduction. And there other violations not only were far worse, but encompassed three different sports. So if USC doesn't get the death penalty, and Georgia Tech doesn't get a post season ban for far worse transgressions than Ohio State, how the hell can you even compare Ohio State to SMU?

Please read this article and tell me that he didn't have a habit of cheating the game going back 8 years at tOSU and then even at Youngstown State.

You mean the very article the star QB at YSU in question said was false? You mean the same Maurice Clarett that admitted Tressel didn't know what he was doing? Not sure what you're getting at, but there's been no proof of the habit of cheating for 8 years you state.

You all have my support to jump into the Olentangy river. I would root for texans, mormons, and meth-heads before rooting for you.

Tell us how you really feel.

I wish I could dude but my next warning is a ban. Something about getting a technical warning. I mean who wants knapp mad at them

Wait wat... ? :o

I've never even given you a warning.

Here's poor old me, minding my own business when suddenly BAM! I'm staring up at the transmission of a bus. :(

well the trouble for me is that my wife is from ohio (lima in NW ohio which is a real sh#t hole) and when nebraska was sucking and OSU was doing real good she always rubbed it in my face constantly and thus its made me really dislike OSU-though i suprised her and her mom for ticket to Ohio State vs. Oregon in the rose bowl a year or two ago when they won... so its been kinda hard to forget about her and her irritating family rubbing this OSU sh#t in my face for years......

SO i hope i can see the greater good in the other fans and not my a-hole wife and her even bigger a-hole family

lol..welcome to the Big Ten...U will grow to Hate the buckeyes and their incredibly rude fans..and a word of warning..If you ever travel to Columbus...Be extremely careful..expect to get spat on beer thrown at you, yelled and screamed at and swore at..and those are just the mild things...trust me Youll see....

Are you sure that's not just due to you being a M fan?

More likely it's that he's been to Columbus.