Curious Buckeye fan

well the trouble for me is that my wife is from ohio (lima in NW ohio which is a real sh#t hole) and when nebraska was sucking and OSU was doing real good she always rubbed it in my face constantly and thus its made me really dislike OSU-though i suprised her and her mom for ticket to Ohio State vs. Oregon in the rose bowl a year or two ago when they won... so its been kinda hard to forget about her and her irritating family rubbing this OSU sh#t in my face for years......

SO i hope i can see the greater good in the other fans and not my a-hole wife and her even bigger a-hole family

lol..welcome to the Big Ten...U will grow to Hate the buckeyes and their incredibly rude fans..and a word of warning..If you ever travel to Columbus...Be extremely careful..expect to get spat on beer thrown at you, yelled and screamed at and swore at..and those are just the mild things...trust me Youll see....

Hey, it's okay, all we have to do is wear the same color (we practically have the same primary color) that the majority of them are wearing. They can't read so they'll think we're one of them! (All kidding of course). I would support tOSU and any other B1G school in the championship game unless: 1) they are playing Oregon 2) they are playing Oklahoma 3) They beat us by getting an added second on the clock in the championship game 4) Their fans are like Texas fans 5) see previous 4

Well apparently the NCAA disagrees with you and agrees with me.

Interesting.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2011/07/22/ncaa-ohio-state-violations.html

NCAA tells Ohio State it finds no new violations; won't face 'failure to monitor' charge

But... you're the worst people in the history of everything, ever. I know this is true. ESPN told me so. And it's not like they would have a vested interest in telling me lies about OSU, so I know I can take their word as truth.

Stop lying, Coqui! STOP!!!!

It'll be interesting to see if they lean towards the Georgia Tech, there was a coverup side of the spectrum or the Tressel got canned for what he did and Ohio State cooperated after that LSU side of the spectrum when punishment comes down.

But that is obviously some pretty good news if you are a Buckeye fan.

Interesting.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2011/07/22/ncaa-ohio-state-violations.html

NCAA tells Ohio State it finds no new violations; won't face 'failure to monitor' charge

But... you're the worst people in the history of everything, ever. I know this is true. ESPN told me so. And it's not like they would have a vested interest in telling me lies about OSU, so I know I can take their word as truth.

Stop lying, Coqui! STOP!!!!

LOL

It'll be interesting to see if they lean towards the Georgia Tech, there was a coverup side of the spectrum or the Tressel got canned for what he did and Ohio State cooperated after that LSU side of the spectrum when punishment comes down.

There was a cover up at LSU too. The difference is LSU and OSU didn't coach their players what to say.

There was a cover up at LSU too. The difference is LSU and OSU didn't coach their players what to say.

True, It'll be interesting to see where they go punishment wise on it, but it's probably going to be on the lighter side.

I think besides hopefully seeing less of this crap from everyone in the future... the lesson to all schools is going to be, dear god don't disclose the NCAA notices of infractions, because my god the media will crawl all up inside your program. That seems to be about the one thing Georgia Tech did right.

Boy those SEC fans are going to be screaming after they get hammered on their Pay for play scandals about OSU getting off. That should be amusing too.

Interesting.

Coqui,

The NCAA said, "The Aug 12th hearing is appropriate due to the unethical conduct of the head football coach."

Translation, you (tOSU) got rid of your cheater coach and that was the main problem and why no additional charges are going

to be applied like, failure to monitor.

Before you trip all over yourself on this news. It makes my point again that Tressel is a cheater and been cheating the

game for long time. I laid out several points in the previous posts about 8 posts back that are direct examples of Tressel

cheating since the mid 1990's and you never ever addressed those. You sure go a long way to defend tOSU, Tressel and even his star QB Issacs at YSU.

What does the mean? You have no come back on this evidence and Tressel is a cheater. He was just very good at not getting caught.

Tweet by Joe Schad from Tressel's testimony to the NCAA.

Tressel admitted he knew a player selling memorablia would have had to be declared ineligible

Translation, If I cheat, my star players get to play this year.

Let's suppose that by some miracle the Ohio State team manages to rally the troops due to the program "turmoil" that's been going on and we somehow make it through the season undefeated, do the Buckeyes have the support of the rest of the Huskers and the Big Ten behind them to bring a NC home to the B1G?

I think you may be in denial. Rally the troops and somehow go undefeated. I don't think that is in the cards this year. See Texas from last year. Star QB gone!!! Lost 7 games and 6 in conference. You are better off hoping you are bowl eligible with wins and no probation.

Texas still had their "star head coach", if you can call him that and lost 7 games with a wealth of talent.

Chances are even if you were undefeated, your star QB and great head coach set this team back 5 years.

It is already on the news that your top prospect is running away from OSU and heading to UM. He is on record saying that many more Ohio players will be following him to UM. That is very troubling.

I think you should start a thread that says "how long is OSU screwed"?

It is very troubling how corrupt Tressel and tOSU has been with the cars, Clarett, tats, etc. I feel sorry for all the kids that got beat by kids that should of never been on the field last year. Even with vacated wins, the schools you beat don't get credit for the wins. So it is like both schools take the loss but in reality only tOSU should have the loss in those games. So sad.

So, my answer is NO, you don't have my support until you stop cheating and admit you have cheated the game for many years. I don't think Buckeye fans think any rules were broken and that is obvious by this thread. They honestly think Tressel misled some people and got into troubling for looking the other way.

The stuff that tOSU has been doing under tressel is very SMU like. :snacks:

Wow.....just wow.

One he said supposedly....this thread was about conference loyalty in the postseason against the team that beat you. That was it. So you go and attack a hypothetical situation as if he posted it as fact.

Two, SMU really? 2 Violations for Ohio State, 10 for USC, 9 for UNC, 12 for Tennessee, 22 for Boise St. ESPN only reported constantly about Ohio State's. And you wonder why we think ESPN has it out for Ohio State? Other than USC's, all others have happened this year. All of them violated 10.1 which was Ohio State's worst violation. Only USC received a post season ban and scholarship reduction. And there other violations not only were far worse, but encompassed three different sports. So if USC doesn't get the death penalty, and Georgia Tech doesn't get a post season ban for far worse transgressions than Ohio State, how the hell can you even compare Ohio State to SMU?

Please read this article and tell me that he didn't have a habit of cheating the game going back 8 years at tOSU and then even at Youngstown State.

You mean the very article the star QB at YSU in question said was false? You mean the same Maurice Clarett that admitted Tressel didn't know what he was doing? Not sure what you're getting at, but there's been no proof of the habit of cheating for 8 years you state.

According to documents acquired Friday by The Vindicator, much of the information in the Sports Illustrated article detailing the Youngstown State University scandal was accurate, but the documents also revealed some more-detailed information.

The May 31 SI story detailed former YSU and Ohio State coach Jim Tressel’s career, including the player scandals that led to his resignation Monday.

The Vindicator obtained 13 of the 31 pages of a 1999 internal report that detailed an 18-month investigation by the university’s review committee. The documents from the resulting investigation were placed in the personnel file of Isaac, the quarterback who led the team to its first NCAA Division I-AA national championship in 1991.

link to evidence about Issacs being a liar!!!

This is pretty clear. Issacs and Tressel cheated together in the mid 1990's with Mickey Monus. You keep asking for evidence that Tressel has cheater for the last 8 years. SI said 8, but what would've they of said if they got this evidence in and went to print with this. Tressel has been cheating for 15 years.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/jun/05/by-karl-henkel/?print

During this trial (at which Monus was found not guilty) Monus and Isaac, who had pleaded guilty to attempting to bribe a juror on ­Monus's behalf, disclosed their financial dealings while Isaac was a student and alleged that Tressel had set these in motion with that first phone call.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/magazine/05/30/jim.tressel/index.html#ixzz1SwjgdWwG

Let's suppose that by some miracle the Ohio State team manages to rally the troops due to the program "turmoil" that's been going on and we somehow make it through the season undefeated, do the Buckeyes have the support of the rest of the Huskers and the Big Ten behind them to bring a NC home to the B1G?

I think you may be in denial. Rally the troops and somehow go undefeated. I don't think that is in the cards this year. See Texas from last year. Star QB gone!!! Lost 7 games and 6 in conference. You are better off hoping you are bowl eligible with wins and no probation.

Texas still had their "star head coach", if you can call him that and lost 7 games with a wealth of talent.

Chances are even if you were undefeated, your star QB and great head coach set this team back 5 years.

It is already on the news that your top prospect is running away from OSU and heading to UM. He is on record saying that many more Ohio players will be following him to UM. That is very troubling.

It is very troubling how corrupt Tressel and tOSU has been with the cars, Clarett, tats, etc. I feel sorry for all the kids that got beat by kids that should of never been on the field last year. Even with vacated wins, the schools you beat don't get credit for the wins. So it is like both schools take the loss but in reality only tOSU should have the loss in those games. So sad.

So, my answer is NO, you don't have my support until you stop cheating and admit you have cheated the game for many years. I don't think Buckeye fans think any rules were broken and that is obvious by this thread. They honestly think Tressel misled some people and got into troubling for looking the other way.

Wow.....just wow.

One he said supposedly....this thread was about conference loyalty in the postseason against the team that beat you. That was it. So you go and attack a hypothetical situation as if he posted it as fact.

Two, SMU really? 2 Violations for Ohio State, 10 for USC, 9 for UNC, 12 for Tennessee, 22 for Boise St. ESPN only reported constantly about Ohio State's. And you wonder why we think ESPN has it out for Ohio State? Other than USC's, all others have happened this year. All of them violated 10.1 which was Ohio State's worst violation. Only USC received a post season ban and scholarship reduction. And there other violations not only were far worse, but encompassed three different sports. So if USC doesn't get the death penalty, and Georgia Tech doesn't get a post season ban for far worse transgressions than Ohio State, how the hell can you even compare Ohio State to SMU?

Please read this article and tell me that he didn't have a habit of cheating the game going back 8 years at tOSU and then even at Youngstown State.

You mean the very article the star QB at YSU in question said was false? You mean the same Maurice Clarett that admitted Tressel didn't know what he was doing? Not sure what you're getting at, but there's been no proof of the habit of cheating for 8 years you state.

According to documents acquired Friday by The Vindicator, much of the information in the Sports Illustrated article detailing the Youngstown State University scandal was accurate, but the documents also revealed some more-detailed information.

The May 31 SI story detailed former YSU and Ohio State coach Jim Tressel’s career, including the player scandals that led to his resignation Monday.

The Vindicator obtained 13 of the 31 pages of a 1999 internal report that detailed an 18-month investigation by the university’s review committee. The documents from the resulting investigation were placed in the personnel file of Isaac, the quarterback who led the team to its first NCAA Division I-AA national championship in 1991.

This is pretty clear. Issacs and Tressel cheated together in the mid 1990's with Mickey Monus. You keep asking for evidence that Tressel has cheater for the last 8 years. SI said 8, but what would've they of said if they got this evidence in and went to print with this. Tressel has been cheating for 15 years.

During this trial (at which Monus was found not guilty) Monus and Isaac, who had pleaded guilty to attempting to bribe a juror on ­Monus's behalf, disclosed their financial dealings while Isaac was a student and alleged that Tressel had set these in motion with that first phone call.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/magazine/05/30/jim.tressel/index.html#ixzz1SwjgdWwG

What exactly do I need to respond to. You post an article re-iterating what the SI article said. Then Ray Isaac goes on another article saying what was said was wrong.

Dorhmann talks about the cars and 9 additional players in the SI article. And the NCAA and the Ohio BMV show that the article was false. He indicates other players in the Tattoo scandal and some of these players don't even have tattoos. The Clarett issue was proven as a lie as the NCAA investigated and Clarett himself said he made it up. So regarding violations, the only actual proof out there, was Troy Smith's violation. I know this is just going to be a circular argument, and it's your word against mine. So let's just agree to disagree. You want to see more than there is to the story. And in your eyes, I want to see less than there is to the story.

Wow.....just wow.

What exactly do I need to respond to. You post an article re-iterating what the SI article said. Then Ray Isaac goes on another article saying what was said was wrong.

Dorhmann talks about the cars and 9 additional players in the SI article. And the NCAA and the Ohio BMV show that the article was false. He indicates other players in the Tattoo scandal and some of these players don't even have tattoos. The Clarett issue was proven as a lie as the NCAA investigated and Clarett himself said he made it up. So regarding violations, the only actual proof out there, was Troy Smith's violation. I know this is just going to be a circular argument, and it's your word against mine. So let's just agree to disagree. You want to see more than there is to the story. And in your eyes, I want to see less than there is to the story.

SI never got a hold of the Isaacs records. They asked but never got them. ESPN was told twice they would get them, but never rec'd them. Vindy.com got them.

These records show more and more that Isaacs is a liar. To this day, Isaacs is trying to find out what teammates told about him.

I said 15 years of cheating. I just realized and read that Isaacs played at YSU in 1988, so it is really 23 years of cheating.

You need to respond to the fact that you have been asking for someone to show you evidence of cheating.

Here is evidence going back 23 years.

"I got a call from Mr. Tressel," Monus told a jury, "and I believe the call was that he wanted me to be introduced to Ray and to work out some kind of job for him."

You went on to challenge my statement about Tressel/OSU with Wow, just wow, about my claim that Tressel/OSU is/was just as bad as SMU.

I want you to admit that Tressel has been cheating the game since 1988.... That is 23 years of some form of cheating.

tOSU has already shown their cards with Tressel. He was the bad seed in all of this and he is gone, so please don't punish us. Tressel would still be there if isn't for a federal investigation that made all of this evidence come to light.

You defend this Isaacs guy who says this.....

“Unless the money, or the receipts of the money, came out that Mickey Monus gave me money; if Ron Cole [then-Vindicator reporter and now YSU spokesman] had not alerted Youngstown State University, then I would have escaped the lie,” he told The Vindicator on Wednesday.

Isaacs goes on to say that Tressel knew nothing but Mickey Monus says that Tressel asked him to give Isaacs a job.

"I got a call from Mr. Tressel," Monus told a jury, "and I believe the call was that he wanted me to be introduced to Ray and to work out some kind of job for him."

That is cheating going back to 1998!!!!!!! Wow, just wow.

Isaacs goes on to say that Tressel knew nothing but Mickey Monus says that Tressel asked him to give Isaacs a job.

Is a coach not allowed to help a student get a job? I am just wondering because I don't know the answer.

You don't get the issue with blanket statements do you?

Show me how he cheated in 1999-2009 and I'll admit it.

I want evidence of constant cheating. After all, he's been cheating since 1988 so you should have no problem with finding it.

I can only take the word of the person who admits the violation at YSU but says Tressel had nothing to do with it prior to him coming to Ohio State. I don't have much information about how YSU works nor do I really care enough to refute that. So fr the sake of argument. He cheated at YSU. But I see no proof of him cheating at Ohio State.

I want concrete evidence of him cheating at Ohio State before tattoogate before I can admit it. Here are your only stipulations:

Clarrett admitted he lied, so you can't use him.

Smith was suspended for his violations so you can't use him.

Anything related to cars recently was cleared, so you can't use them.

Go ahead. Prove cheating done while he was at Ohio State.

Is a coach not allowed to help a student get a job? I am just wondering because I don't know the answer.

Yes

Proposition 62 has five major qualifying factors which are designed to promote the enhancement of the student-athlete and deter the detriment of college sports.

While at work, the student athlete can earn up to $2,000 per year above the value of the full grant that is given to he or she while on scholarship.

Additionally, the athletic department or athletic administration of a school can seek out work for the student athlete

So we are making the assumption that Tressel knew Monous was dirty, and that "work out some kind of job" means give my player money under the table?

At this point, I really don't care what happened. I have heard so many rumors about stuff happening and not happening that I don't know what is true. He is gone and OSU will survive and move on. I just love reading some of the hate that people have for another school. It must really suck to get that fired up about another school's dirty laundry.