Is the D-line better than 2009?

Suh was such a force of nature that topping '09 would be damn hard. I am excited though. Crick and Stein will be back and better, depth will be better. We lost a solid guy in Pierre Allen but I think we've added some playmaking ability, really psyched to see what Martin can do.

The depth on the line couldn't come at a better time with attacks like Wisconsin on the menu. From top to bottom, 2011 is better--and going into the Big Ten, I'd rather have the depth of quality like we have now than having a great 1st string without the depth behind them like 2009. We're going to be far less apt to get gassed in the 2nd half this year. Of course the biggest help to this year's line would be an offense that can chew 6 or 8 minutes off the clock. Wouldn't that do wonders for our defensive........ Just think: if we would have had any sort of consistent offense to keep the other team's offense off the field in the past two years, our points and yards allowed probably would have been phenomenal.

That is my thinking. A 5 man front would be good against Wisconsin. It wouldn't be our base defense for the season but I can see it being employed against a few teams and in the red zone. It would be another package like the nickel. I also agree with your comment about the O holding the ball. Unfortunately, I tend to think this offense will end up being a quick strike offense vs a grinding offense. Guess we will have to wait to find out.

I don't think it'll be better because I don't think we'll see domination up front like that for a long time. I think from left to right, it will be stacked with talent though which 2009's line didn't have. The other three on the 2009 line were made better because Suh had all the attention of the offensive line.