Am I missing something? (Washington Game)

Claiming 4 national titles seems a bit of a stretch. Even UW only claims 2 titles (1960, and 1991). 1991 was a split with UW getting the AP, and Miami getting the Coaches and 1960 was a split of 5 teams (UW's claim is WEAK) as Ole Miss and Minnesota split the major polls and UW only received one of the several other "national championships". Legitimately, you have 1 split national title (1991).

And I know we're in the B1G now, but why are you people so obsessed with the Rose Bowl??? It's weird. You folks and your parades...

But the lack of quality college football is quite a concern. Somebody should look into that...

;)

4 National Titles and 7 Rose Bowl Wins... that's not quality football?

2007 - 4-9 record

2008 - 0-12 record

2009 - 5-7 record

2010 - 7-6 record

One win against a superior football team in a bowl game does not constitute playing 'good football'.

One time, I had the audacity to remove my knee braces despite several stern, negative remarks from my mother. I strapped a pair of binoculars onto my face, after dousing my eyes with hot sauce, and proceeded to the local bar for a game of darts and heavy binge drinking. Upon arriving, I blindly threw my first dart and got a bullseye, despite not being able to see anything other than magnified red splotches on the wall.

I hit the wall on my other throws, and punctured a newly implanted butt-cheek on a patron at the bar. I was henceforth banned from the premises and succumbed to my knee braces. But given the logic you have displayed, and despite my several short-comings, I'm clearly a dart champion.

But the lack of quality college football is quite a concern. Somebody should look into that...

;)

4 National Titles and 7 Rose Bowl Wins... that's not quality football?

2007 - 4-9 record

2008 - 0-12 record

2009 - 5-7 record

2010 - 7-6 record

One win against a superior football team in a bowl game does not constitute playing 'good football'.

One time, I had the audacity to remove my knee braces despite several stern, negative remarks from my mother. I strapped a pair of binoculars onto my face, after dousing my eyes with hot sauce, and proceeded to the local bar for a game of darts and heavy binge drinking. Upon arriving, I blindly threw my first dart and got a bullseye, despite not being able to see anything other than magnified red splotches on the wall.

I hit the wall on my other throws, and punctured a newly implanted butt-cheek on a patron at the bar. I was henceforth banned from the premises and succumbed to my knee braces. But given the logic you have displayed, and despite my several short-comings, I'm clearly a dart champion.

But losing 4 or more for 8 straight years is good football?

Trash talk is a part of football, if you don't like it then I suggest you watch women's tennis.

:laughpound

That's cute.

I considered watching women's tennis once, but was profoundly disappointed when I realized it's a lot like watching football in Seattle, Washington.

I started crying at the shear beauty of it before becoming completely repulsed, like when you're walking behind a blonde with a nice body only to see her turn around. Upon her reveal, you realize Sloth from the Goonies had something going for him and that this girl must eat bark for a living while mashing her face with cockroach feces.

LOL. Have you ever gone to a game at Husky Stadium... I seriously doubt it. Yeah it's so ugly... http://www.gohuskies.com/facilities/husky-stadium.html

I was there last Sept. It was weird, I wanted to talk to some of the UW faithful in the 4th quarter. Wasn't too many of them around though.

Trash talk is a part of football, if you don't like it then I suggest you watch women's tennis.

:laughpound

That's cute.

I considered watching women's tennis once, but was profoundly disappointed when I realized it's a lot like watching football in Seattle, Washington.

I started crying at the shear beauty of it before becoming completely repulsed, like when you're walking behind a blonde with a nice body only to see her turn around. Upon her reveal, you realize Sloth from the Goonies had something going for him and that this girl must eat bark for a living while mashing her face with cockroach feces.

LOL. Have you ever gone to a game at Husky Stadium... I seriously doubt it. Yeah it's so ugly... http://www.gohuskies.com/facilities/husky-stadium.html

I was there last Sept. It was weird, I wanted to talk to some of the UW faithful in the 4th quarter. Wasn't too many of them around though.

Too bad there was like 2 Cornhusker fans at the Holiday Bowl.

Let's compare:

A game played where there are no significant injuries on either side, on a beautiful, almost hot by Seattle standards where they home team gets flat out embarrassed and their sure fire ltop 15 draft pick QB gets tossed around like a dirty flannel shirt at a Mudhoney concert....

OR.....

A horribly rainy sloppy game played on a disgrace of a football team, where one participant was running around celebrating making this bowl, any bowl, and probably framed their own 8th place ribbons before they left, and the other was broken, defeated, about to fire their OC, had two profoundly injured QB's, and had been through a ringer of screwjobs over the last month.

Which game would provide a more accurate judgement of the teams? The Sept. Version vs. your bowl team puts 50+ still I bet.

I realize that game still counted, and it's deplorable that NU acted like that, but any intelligent fan would realize the stupidity of calling that bowl game a true yardstick

But then again, you will probably crawl back inside a Ranier can after the beat down in two weeks, never to beard from again, so I guess I'll never know.....

Let's compare:

A game played where there are no significant injuries on either side, on a beautiful, almost hot by Seattle standards where they home team gets flat out embarrassed and their sure fire ltop 15 draft pick QB gets tossed around like a dirty flannel shirt at a Mudhoney concert....

OR.....

A horribly rainy sloppy game played on a disgrace of a football team, where one participant was running around celebrating making this bowl, any bowl, and probably framed their own 8th place ribbons before they left, and the other was broken, defeated, about to fire their OC, had two profoundly injured QB's, and had been through a ringer of screwjobs over the last month.

Which game would provide a more accurate judgement of the teams? The Sept. Version vs. your bowl team puts 50+ still I bet.

I realize that game still counted, and it's deplorable that NU acted like that, but any intelligent fan would realize the stupidity of calling that bowl game a true yardstick

But then again, you will probably crawl back inside a Ranier can after the beat down in two weeks, never to beard from again, so I guess I'll never know.....

Cry More

Let's compare:

OR.....

Bingo.

2007 - 4-9 record

2008 - 0-12 record

2009 - 5-7 record

2010 - 7-6 record

But losing 4 or more for 8 straight years is good football?

Please point or highlight to the part in my post where I said this. I'm struggling here. Maybe I should remove the binoculars.

I have done so, and now after scanning my post, I see no place where I said that eight years of losing four or more is good football. You clearly must be on another wave-length of argumentative skills that I just can't handle. So, I'm going to try and bring this back down to the basics purely for my own, selfish reasons.

Washington, over the last few years, has been abysmally embarrassing on the football field. Skimming over this fact is what I'm sure many Husky fans wish they could do, but are unfortunately unable to. Nebraska, conversely, is a different story. Over the last decade they had some good (a MNC appearance), some bad (2007), some strange (2010) and some annoying (2009).

Even for a moment thinking these two programs are comparable over the last several years is like saying the 2008 Huskies were a title contender. I'm not saying Nebraska has been great, but no matter how bad things were here we still never lost every single game in a season. Simmer on that while I go back to dart practice.