Nebraska on the BTN tonight!!!

Apathy

If it's ABC/ESPN then it's a huge issue, since the BTN is the single largest threat to ESPN/ABC's dominance of college football on TV.

Look at the coverage ESPN is giving the Miami issue (ESPN has a contract with the ACC). Then look at the coverage they've given to the Ohio State issue, flagship school of the conference that owns their biggest competitor.

What's your point? ESPN has been all over Miami since last night. The story is 24 hours old. You can't compare it to a story that's 9 months old, and was the major story of the offseason. Let's see how it plays out.

It doesn't have anything to do with Nebraska on the BTN. The vast majority of those games being replayed on the BTN are from ABC or ESPN broadcasts, with ESPN announcers. Griese, McDonough, Spielman, Herbstreit, and Musberger. The reason that Nebraska doesn't have any recent games on the BTN is because of the game rights being tied to the Big 12.

That wasn't much of a point, was it? :D

I think you're right - the primary factor is the fact that the rights are owned by the Big XII. I'm sure there is some reason more games aren't being aired, but I don't know what those are, of course. Likely it has something to do with our messy divorce, but who knows.

If it's ABC/ESPN then it's a huge issue, since the BTN is the single largest threat to ESPN/ABC's dominance of college football on TV.

Look at the coverage ESPN is giving the Miami issue (ESPN has a contract with the ACC). Then look at the coverage they've given to the Ohio State issue, flagship school of the conference that owns their biggest competitor.

What's your point? ESPN has been all over Miami since last night. The story is 24 hours old. You can't compare it to a story that's 9 months old, and was the major story of the offseason. Let's see how it plays out.

It doesn't have anything to do with Nebraska on the BTN. The vast majority of those games being replayed on the BTN are from ABC or ESPN broadcasts, with ESPN announcers. Griese, McDonough, Spielman, Herbstreit, and Musberger. The reason that Nebraska doesn't have any recent games on the BTN is because of the game rights being tied to the Big 12.

That wasn't much of a point, was it? :D

I think you're right - the primary factor is the fact that the rights are owned by the Big XII. I'm sure there is some reason more games aren't being aired, but I don't know what those are, of course. Likely it has something to do with our messy divorce, but who knows.

From what I've gleaned from other places, that seems to be the issue. Oh well, after this year, we'll have plenty of wins to show on the BTN.

I finally had a few minutes to watch the BTN show on Nebraska last night. It was well done, and I liked the fresh feel to the whole thing.

I get what everyone was saying about the wind noise. That happened because they set up in a line with the east wall of the Hawks Championship Center, and the very slight breeze was channeled right at their chairs. Had they moved that set 15 feet east they would have been just fine.

I don't understand how they went through all of that filming without the sound guy saying something. Weird.