Most Expensive College Football Tickets 2011

My link

Avg. Ticket List Price: $462.97

Date: Oct. 8

Ohio State makes its first Big Ten trip to Memorial Stadium as Nebraska is the new kid in town. Ohio State is tough to read thanks to the loss of its quarterback Terrelle Pryor and its coach Jim Tressel, but Nebraska could very well win the league in its first year. Memorial Stadium holds the current active record for the most consecutive sellouts at 311. The last game the Huskers didn't sell out? Oct. 20, 1962.

It's really insane how much these tickets sell for. I'm thinking back to whatever year Nebraska played at Pitt (6 hours from me). The Pitt site had an auction for tickets in club seats and came with all kinds of perks, like the coin toss or some such. I got into a bidding war with some other person, but bowed out when it got to be around $1000.

As it turned out, the guy who kept outbidding me was also a Husker fan. (Except, they found out he was a Husker fan and didn't want him on the field in Husker garb - I think he wound up getting some of his money refunded, or general seats or something.)