Big Ten Network - Schedule for NU Games?

Back on topic

Time Warner Cable will carry Nebraska's Sept. 3 football game against Tennessee-Chattanooga on channels 24, 333 and 1333.

Satellite providers DirecTV and DISH also are scheduled to air the game, which starts at 2:30 p.m.

Some Time Warner subscribers became concerned when the Big Ten Network listed on its website the Arkansas State-Illinois game as its primary broadcast, with no mention of the Nebraska game.

And those with a basic subscription -- channels 2-68, 80-81 -- were afraid the game would be limited to digital subscribers, who have access to the "extra channels" that the network uses when multiple games are televised at the same time.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_334fbd74-e255-5607-a930-4e11ec3caaba.html

As I said, expect an announcement any day now.

Thanks for posting that article.

I have Direct TV in Omaha......Does this mean I get the game?

Here's hoping we're on the main (HD) channel instead of the overflow.

Though, overflow is better than nothing, I would presume.

The Arkansas State/Illinois game is on the main BTN channel. The Nebraska game will be on an overflow channel except in Nebraska where it will be shown on the main channel.

Not necessarily. It depends where you are. Wait for the announcement.

Back on topic

Time Warner Cable will carry Nebraska's Sept. 3 football game against Tennessee-Chattanooga on channels 24, 333 and 1333.

Satellite providers DirecTV and DISH also are scheduled to air the game, which starts at 2:30 p.m.

Some Time Warner subscribers became concerned when the Big Ten Network listed on its website the Arkansas State-Illinois game as its primary broadcast, with no mention of the Nebraska game.

And those with a basic subscription -- channels 2-68, 80-81 -- were afraid the game would be limited to digital subscribers, who have access to the "extra channels" that the network uses when multiple games are televised at the same time.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_334fbd74-e255-5607-a930-4e11ec3caaba.html

As I said, expect an announcement any day now.

Thanks for posting that article.

I have Direct TV in Omaha......Does this mean I get the game?

Yes.

The Arkansas State/Illinois game is on the main BTN channel. The Nebraska game will be on an overflow channel except in Nebraska where it will be shown on the main channel.

I'm hoping you're right. I'm checking my guide daily, and there's nothing about the Nebraska/Chattanooga tilt on the three BTN (SD) overflow channels.

I'm hoping you're right. I'm checking my guide daily, and there's nothing about the Nebraska/Chattanooga tilt on the three BTN (SD) overflow channels.

Don't worry. If you have DirecTV you will see the Nebraska game on one of the overflow channels. 609, 611, 612, or 615. It will be on one of those channels. They usually don't provide which channel until mid to late week of the game. It will be there by Thursday or Friday.

Don't worry. If you have DirecTV you will see the Nebraska game on one of the overflow channels. 609, 611, 612, or 615. It will be on one of those channels.

Doesn't Directv have the overflow channels in HD? I thought Dish and Directv added them in HD a couple years ago.

Don't worry. If you have DirecTV you will see the Nebraska game on one of the overflow channels. 609, 611, 612, or 615. It will be on one of those channels.

Doesn't Directv have the overflow channels in HD? I thought Dish and Directv added them in HD a couple years ago.

Yes they do, but actually I just found out that the Nebraska game will be carried on the main feed. So it's 610 on DirecTV. Shouldn't be on any overflow channel. As long as everyone gets BTN then you will see the game.

Yes they do, but actually I just found out that the Nebraska game will be carried on the main feed. So it's 610 on DirecTV. Shouldn't be on any overflow channel. As long as everyone gets BTN then you will see the game.

K I was wondering why everyone was thinking that the overflow channels were only in SD.

Game schedule for Dish subscribers in Nebraska

Catch your Big Ten games on DISH NETWORK! See below for details in your area.

12:00 PM (ET) / 11:00 AM (CT)

INDIANA STATE VS. PENN STATE: channel 439 or 9500 (HD)

TENNESSEE TECH VS. IOWA: channel 5440 or 5441 (HD)

MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE VS. PURDUE: channel 5442 or 5443 (HD)

3:30 PM (ET) / 2:30 PM (CT)

CHATTANOOGA VS. NEBRASKA: channel 439 or 9500 (HD)

ARKANSAS STATE VS. ILLINOIS: channel 5440 or 5441 (HD)

K I was wondering why everyone was thinking that the overflow channels were only in SD.

Some of us that are out-of-state only have BTN overflow channels in standard def. :(

Stupid Verizon and their MPEG-2 compression gobbling up QAM space.

Some of us that are out-of-state only have BTN overflow channels in standard def. :(

Stupid Verizon and their MPEG-2 compression gobbling up QAM space.

Ok. I thought you had Directv, that's why I was confused. That sucks though.