1# Husker fan in Iraq

Hey 82ndhusker I feel your pain as I've done two tours in Iraq myself. I don't know about you but the first thing I packed both trips was my husker flags. I took them everywhere with me while in the army. Hopefully we can keep you entertain while in the big sandbox. As always stay safe and watch your six. Hopefully you and your fellow soldiers come home soon so you can watch some Husker football.

p.s. could you of posted a bigger picture? lol.

Hey stay safe while ur over there. I have served in Iraq three times and I am thankful for websites like this to keep me up to date. My last deployment I contacted the University and asked if they would be willing to send me copies of the games since I was deployed. Everythree weeks I would get some disk of each game that had just passed. It was real cool and I am thankful for it!!!!

• Fire 1

Thanks wildman many thanks for the tours, tryin to pick up where you guys left off put you've been there done that and got the t-shirt. This will be the third season ive missed due to tours and schools... and i always thought bigger was better?....haha

Thanks wildman many thanks for the tours, tryin to pick up where you guys left off put you've been there done that and got the t-shirt. This will be the third season ive missed due to tours and schools... and i always thought bigger was better?....haha

Your welcome and yes I defenatly have the tshirts lol, 3 duffel bags worth lol.

Hey stay safe while ur over there. I have served in Iraq three times and I am thankful for websites like this to keep me up to date. My last deployment I contacted the University and asked if they would be willing to send me copies of the games since I was deployed.Everythree weeks I would get some disk of each game that had just passed. It was real cool and I am thankful for it!!!!

Man I wish I would of thought of that.

82nd to give you something to laugh at. I went through basic at Ft. Benning, GA. First day we had to tell everyone our name, where we were from and why we joined. When it came to my turn I stated my name and that i'm from Lincoln Nebraska. Before I could even say why I joined I was told to do push ups. When I finished the drill sargent asked if I knew why he made me do them. I stated no drill sargent I don't, so I had to do more. This time he tells me he's from Boulder and is a Buffalo fan. So i'm thinking great i'm going to be picked on and tormented all during basic. During that set of push ups our other drill sargent came in and asked what I had done wrong. Of course the drill sargent from Boulder laughed and quietly told him. I finished and was told to recover so I did. Then the new drill sargent told me to get down and do push ups. After finishing those he asked if I knew what I did wrong. I said let me guess your also from Colorado. He stated no, so I stated please don't tell me your a Oklahoma fan. He stated nope i'm a Florida fan, this is for the Fiesta Bowl. He then read in my folder that I was born in Mobile Alabama. Then made me do more push ups from being from there and a Alabama fan as well.

I had to do push ups every day cause I was from Alabama, live in Nebraska and fan of both Universities. Needles to say when I left I was pretty strong lol.

Hey stay safe while ur over there. I have served in Iraq three times and I am thankful for websites like this to keep me up to date. My last deployment I contacted the University and asked if they would be willing to send me copies of the games since I was deployed.Everythree weeks I would get some disk of each game that had just passed. It was real cool and I am thankful for it!!!!

82nd to give you something to laugh at. I went through basic at Ft. Benning, GA. First day we had to tell everyone our name, where we were from and why we joined. When it came to my turn I stated my name and that i'm from Lincoln Nebraska. Before I could even say why I joined I was told to do push ups. When I finished the drill sargent asked if I knew why he made me do them. I stated no drill sargent I don't, so I had to do more. This time he tells me he's from Boulder and is a Buffalo fan. So i'm thinking great i'm going to be picked on and tormented all during basic. During that set of push ups our other drill sargent came in and asked what I had done wrong. Of course the drill sargent from Boulder laughed and quietly told him. I finished and was told to recover so I did. Then the new drill sargent told me to get down and do push ups. After finishing those he asked if I knew what I did wrong. I said let me guess your also from Colorado. He stated no, so I stated please don't tell me your a Oklahoma fan. He stated nope i'm a Florida fan, this is for the Fiesta Bowl. He then read in my folder that I was born in Mobile Alabama. Then made me do more push ups from being from there and a Alabama fan as well.

I had to do push ups every day cause I was from Alabama, live in Nebraska and fan of both Universities. Needles to say when I left I was pretty strong lol.

good story :)

• Fire 1

good story :)

Thanks :). I didn't even include in that story the 3rd drill sargent and 1sgt that made me do push ups a lot cause I had the same mos as them lol.