B1G is the land of the mobile QB

http://espn.go.com/college-football/preview11/story/_/id/6884384/college-football-preview-old-new-again-big-ten-running-quarterbacks

Back in the Bo and Woody days, the Big Ten had an array of mobile quarterbacks -- Michigan's Rick Leach and Ohio State's Cornelius Greene were both 2,000-yard career rushers on great teams. Charlie Baggett ran for more than 1,700 yards in three seasons at Michigan State. Minnesota had an athletic quarterback who went on to play defensive back in the NFL -- a guy named Tony Dungy.

But even that mid-'70s bunch is nothing compared to what the conference will put on the field this fall. The Big Ten has become the dual-threat capital of college football.

Thanks to the arrival of Nebraska, the league has the nation's top three returning quarterbacks in rushing: Denard Robinson of Michigan (131 yards per game), Taylor Martinez of the Cornhuskers (74 yards per game) and Nathan Scheelhaase of Illinois (67). They combined for more than 3,500 rushing yards and 31 rushing touchdowns last year.

But it hardly stops there.

Guess it's time to test your guys concerns about defending mobile QBs

Very true. I'm hoping last year was an anomaly. I think our defense is going to be dominant - but a lot of that is based on what we saw and would have been expecting in the Big12. Bo's defense has been designed to stop those Big12/SEC type of offenses. Fortunately, unlike our offense which has always gone out of it's way to addapt to a particular defense any given week, and possesses zero identity in an effort to be "multiple"...our defense is fairly consistent in what they do. They empart their will on your OL/QB - and if you can survive into the 4th quarter they'll pat you on the back, but rarely does that happen.

I think the only reason mobile QB's hurt us last year is because our defense was focused on a primarily pass-happy Big 12. Now that we're in the Big 10 we'll focus more on the run, and therefore do better against it.....hopefully ;)

I think the only reason mobile QB's hurt us last year is because our defense was focused on a primarily pass-happy Big 12. Now that we're in the Big 10 we'll focus more on the run, and therefore do better against it.....hopefully ;)

kinda tough to contain those mobile QBs with only a single LB on the field.

That actually makes it worse. You have to respect the RBs but will you attack the RBs when you see the QB roll to the right on a designed run? They have to decide fast otherwise the RB is 4 yards down the line of scrimmage already and has a full head of steam, or the QB already has a convoy set up.