My Baylor/Skers after thoughts

Maybe Bullocks got caught up in his big strip for a TD against Wake Forest and thought he could do it again...He was one of the last guys on the D that I thought would have gambled for a big play rather than making the sure tackle.  Hopefully the coaches will take note and clean this up...There will always be kinks that need to be worked out though!

No doubt. Trying to take the ball away is a good thing, but get the tackle first. :horns2

Some people say Baylor isn't much. They beat ISU in regulation. Their D held ISU to less points than our D. I think that shows that our Offense is doing a pretty good job even with the miscues. Level of Competition hit it on the head. NU needs to play the Patriots and show what they can really do. :) Doesn't matter how a win is a win.

GBR GBR GBR

Well, even the immobile OU offense managed like 19 points on KU.  I guarentee the 'Shirts can hold KU's terrible offense under that.

I watched the KU-OU game and if we play like we played against TT, they are both going to get a lot of points hung on them by the Huskers.

Good win in Waco. The boys needed to experience a road game before heading to Columbia.

Taking the 3 was the right call. It made it a 2 score game. If Callahan went for it and got stuffed, Baylor was only down 6 points and would be 1 play away from winning it. If the Huskers went for it and got the first down, than went on to score a TD, guess what. It is still a 2 score game just like kicking the field goal.

No coach would have gone for it in that situation. The risk reward factor just doesn't add up.

Not sure about that  Only 350 yds of total offense, and if the stats I got were correct, they averaged less than 4 yds per carry.

What's wrong with that? We controlled the ball. Time of possesion was 37minutes to 23 minutes. You can't do that without your OL doing a good job.

:yeah I agree. We won the game. No we did not put up staggering numbers, but I think a win is more important. We kept their offense off the field and out D fresh.

I think BC and company called a good game, and yes the field goal was the right decision. Can you imagine what would be said about BC on these boards if he would have gone for the first and not have gotten it?

I've gotta give Baylor some credit now. They played very hard but were just outmatched. I do believe they have that team on the right track and they'll probably beat a couple more teams this year. If only their fans would jump on board and support that team they could make some things happen. It just doesn't feel like a big time program at all. not even close. I was very impressed with the play of Grixby but there were a few plays when they threw the ball deep and our corners didn't turn their heads to find the ball. Everyone in the NU section just took a deeo breath every time this happend. Other than those few times when i think they could have pulled in a big play i felt like our D was in total control. Our guys never got down after Baylor would score or make a big play. They were constantly bouncing around on the sideline and Leon Jackson would always try and get our crowd pumped up before kick-offs which we were more than happy to respond do. Overall i'd say we played a pretty good game,not great, but still good.

I read an article that explained Elmassian's theory on coaching man coverage on deep balls down the side line, and he said that unless you have "total control", which means that you have you man pinned to the side line with no where else to go, you shoudnt turn and look for the ball because your guy will run by you and turn a big play into a bigger play. Maybe our guys just need to work on getting total control and not at just looking back.

Yeah I read that article too. I'm sure they're doing what they're taught and it did work for the most part, but it makes me so nervous when their recievers are going up for the ball and our DB's haven't turned around to even look for it. I trust the coaches and i'm sure they're putting the players in the best positions to win but as a fan it's getting hard to watch. The two interceptions were because Bowman and Bullocks turned and saw the ball while it was in the air and turned into WR's. I just feel much more comfortable when our corners and safties find the ball in the air.

agree with most of what has been said on this topic. What I liked is that I think we got a glimpse on how adaptable this offense will be once we get more talent. Run when we have control, or Pass when we have openings. Either way we can do what we have to to win games with this offense and that is what we are doing.

Only criticism I have, is why was ross playing with only 1:30 left to go when Glenn and Lucky could have used the snaps and are more than capable of running out the clock.

Great Catch by Lucky

Some of the worst officiating I have seen in a while

Callahan says that Glenn and Lucky only have a few plays in their respective "packages" and it shows. I think maybe Baylor realized that we weren't going to do anything fancy with them in the game and by putting Ross in it makes things a little easier because they don't know if we're going to run a toss, a draw, etc. I think the playcalling was pretty obvious when Glenn and Lucky were in. Particularly when Glenn lined up at fulback. It was obvious, to me at least, that Glenn was going to get the ball every time they did this. However, as the players get used to the offense I think having both of those guys in at the same time will create some huge problems for defenses.

How about those HUSKERS, it was great seeing them make plays when they need to, what a catch by Petersen in the back of the end zone. Zac did a good job of getting rid of the football a couple of times, but still has to stay away from the interceptions. As we go up against the rest of the Big 12, this Red Zone turnover problem has to be resolved. Loosing the ball inside the 10 yard line can just kill your momentum. Could someone please explain to me the simultaneous recovery rule, never heard that one before. I think the refs were just covering the ass because they didn't really know who recovered the ball even though the replay clearly shows a Husker on it first. Overall this team is starting to really play together and they seem to be having fun, and those two things is what makes winning football teams. Kudo's to all the fans who went down to the game, that kind of spirit is what makes recruits pick Nebraska. We were watching the game at a alumni gamewatch outside of Philadelphia and there were about 20 PSU watching their game and there was about 50 Husker fans all decked out in Red waiting to watch our game. That kind of spirit is unmatched and I'm sure that was the case at dozens of establishments around the country. Go Huskers, lets get Mizzou!