Disappointing

Something interesting about the running backs... Ameer Abdullah has been taking snaps with Brion Carnes and the number 2 offense. At this point I feel he may be behind Aaron Green and Braylon Heard as I have seen both taking snaps with the number 1 offense. It is also interesting to note, I am pretty sure the starters for this weekend were announced to the team yesterday... and after practice Ameer sent out several tweets saying "It's only a matter of time before my chance will come" and "I love my dad I can always vent to him when I need to". I have some reasons to believe that Ameer may be in the back of the RB line to get snaps there this year. You would think if that's the case a red shirt would be in the works for Ameer... especially since he's 5'9" 180 and some other D1 guys out there that height are 200-210lbs (see Auburn's Michael Dyer). He could use a year off the field to put on some weight. Then again, he is listed as one of the top 4 guys on the KO return team so maybe the coaches want to get him on the field this year for some experience. But I think you will see Rex, AJ, and then Heard & Green in that order this year on the field.

Yeah, it's kind of interesting Abdullah and Green are the ones mentioned for special teams and from everything I have heard, Green and Heard are the two that will be backing up Burkhead. I would think this leaves Abdullah with a redshirt to put on some weight and catch up to the others, but maybe I'm wrong? I just don't think touching the ball a few times on special teams warrants burning a redshirt..just my opinion though.

Ameer hopefully can be NU's Noel Devine. This guy is freakishly hard to get a hold of in the open field.

As much as it would be great to redshirt one of these three, if ya got talent play them. The packages and personel groupings that can be thrown together present an element of speed on the field that may be the best ever at DONU. I am all for it if the youngins have a good grasp on the offense and pass pro responsibilities.

Ameer hopefully can be NU's Noel Devine. This guy is freakishly hard to get a hold of in the open field.

As much as it would be great to redshirt one of these three, if ya got talent play them. The packages and personel groupings that can be thrown together present an element of speed on the field that may be the best ever at DONU. I am all for it if the youngins have a good grasp on the offense and pass pro responsibilities.

I was watching the BTN's preview of Nebraska, and one of the analysts picked Ameer as his kind of "dark-horse" player on the team, or player who people don't know a lot of about that could end up doing great things.