Beck vs Watson game 1

nepolo7

I thought the play calling was much better except for the Burkhead pass. I think the execution will continue to improve as teh season goes on. The offense seemed to taylored to its strengths. I thought they improved as the game went on and it makes sense. Feel like this team will continue to improve much like the defense always seems to.

There were three fumbles I will excuse: the one on the kick-off I would say was just flat out stupidity on the guy watching the ball roll by him on the 30 and Ameer's inexperience; the punt, :facepalm wont happen again I wouldn't think unless Blachford really wants to be slayed by Bo; Carnes, so what? He's not going to play and simple game film and coaching will fix that. I honestly don't remember the other one.

I don't think we saw exactly what Tim Beck or Bo wants to do on offense so I will withhold judgement until Washington.

All I can say is (this may offend some of you that cling to these plays like death) TAKE THAT DAMN OPTION PLAY WE RAN FROM UNDER CENTER AND SHOVE IT SOMEWHERE IN A BROOM CLOSET IN NORTH STADIUM AND FORGET WHERE YOU PUT IT. THIS WAS THE WORST RAN OPTION PLAY I HAVE EVER SEEN. IF THAT IS A STAPLE OF OUR OFFENSE I AM SADDENED TO SAY WE WILL STRUGGLE TO WIN 8 GAMES.

There were three fumbles I will excuse: the one on the kick-off I would say was just flat out stupidity on the guy watching the ball roll by him on the 30 and Ameer's inexperience; the punt, :facepalm wont happen again I wouldn't think unless Blachford really wants to be slayed by Bo; Carnes, so what? He's not going to play and simple game film and coaching will fix that. I honestly don't remember the other one.

I don't think we saw exactly what Tim Beck or Bo wants to do on offense so I will withhold judgement until Washington.

All I can say is (this may offend some of you that cling to these plays like death) TAKE THAT DAMN OPTION PLAY WE RAN FROM UNDER CENTER AND SHOVE IT SOMEWHERE IN A BROOM CLOSET IN NORTH STADIUM AND FORGET WHERE YOU PUT IT. THIS WAS THE WORST RAN OPTION PLAY I HAVE EVER SEEN. IF THAT IS A STAPLE OF OUR OFFENSE I AM SADDENED TO SAY WE WILL STRUGGLE TO WIN 8 GAMES.

That was actually Wil Richards who ran into Abdullah

offensive line coach Barney Cotton said. "We stuck with some two-back stuff, and maybe there's some other things you would do, but to start the season, we went in with a very, very, very simple game plan."

We had a lot of young guys getting their feet wet. They will only get more comfortable.

I would accept his excuse if they went in with a very, very, very difficult game plan. The fact he says it was "simple" and with all the difficulties, missed blocks and all around crappy play we seen today, that scares the crap out of me.

TAKE THAT DAMN OPTION PLAY WE RAN FROM UNDER CENTER AND SHOVE IT SOMEWHERE IN A BROOM CLOSET IN NORTH STADIUM AND FORGET WHERE YOU PUT IT. THIS WAS THE WORST RAN OPTION PLAY I HAVE EVER SEEN. IF THAT IS A STAPLE OF OUR OFFENSE I AM SADDENED TO SAY WE WILL STRUGGLE TO WIN 8 GAMES.

The one Burkhead nearly took to the house from 50-60 yards out?

NONE of it makes a difference if they don't BLOCK.

Play calling/strategy wasn't the problem. It all started up front. DL is overrated and the OL is below average.

How was the Dline over rated?

Giving up 2 yards per carry, 3 sacks. They had a lot of quick passes to help their young Oline.

Getting shoved around by 1AA schools doesn't bode well.

NONE of it makes a difference if they don't BLOCK.

Play calling/strategy wasn't the problem. It all started up front. DL is overrated and the OL is below average.

How was the Dline over rated?

Giving up 2 yards per carry, 3 sacks. They had a lot of quick passes to help their young Oline.

Getting shoved around by 1AA schools doesn't bode well.

I noticed that with Stien, but that's to be expected. Camstache had a great game, and Crick is probably the best defensive lineman in the country. I'd definately say Stienkuhler is way overrated, but our whole defensive line? Naaaaaaaah.