A&M to the SEC is approved

VectorVictor

im confused

1. what can Baylor sue for? Can I sue people for not doing business with me?

2. Is Baylor the ONLY freakin school that has ANY balls to stand up to all of this ...or is this a situation where everyone but them( and probably ISU) has a press release ready to go announcing their succession assuming aTM leaves and the dominoes start falling..

my head hurts. it seemes like a whole lotta people with no business or sports background making a lot of very big decisions. pretty much all of these AD/Presidents have no business background...more educational/figurehead background...no offense to professors, but running a business and teaching business are a long ways apart.

I still find it amusing that people do not consider the University systems "business". They are some of the biggest businesses in this country. How many businesses can say they have been doing the same thing for over 100 years? I'd trust most university professors with running my business than their MBA students.

I don't really care that much about ISU, KSU, KU, and Baylor (they have all said they will fight A&M's departure), but they do have a point. If the B12 dissolves they don't have the luxury of parachuting out and are totally screwed. You could argue who cares, but it will be pretty sad that post-B12 an entire swath of the country between the west coast and Mississippi will not be represented by a major conference. There are perennially mediocre programs in all the remaining conferences and as it sits now, the B12 is still stronger than the Big East, ACC and possibly Pac.

tl;dr blame Texas, the B12 leftovers have no choice.

I have absolutely no sympathy for these schools. They voted against us, said good riddance as we left, put their eggs in a burnt orange basket, and now will reap what the have sown.

The fans said good riddance. Not sure what vote you're talking about, but every school has to look out for their own self interest to a degree. The Big 12 is the only option those four schools have to be remotely relevant. However, instead of coercing A&M to stay in against their will, they should probably be making the case to OU, OSU, and TT to stay in to try to force some concessions from UT, and try to force Bebee out to salvage the conference. I know there's no love for the Big 12 here, but it falling apart for a super-Pac / super-SEC is not going to be good for CFB.

Hello all. I'm looking for the link to the Big12 parody where there all the schools are high school cheerleaders or something. I know I read it here but can't seem to google it.

Here's the one where they're all cheerleaders:

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2010/6/4/1500646/the-rumormill-the-big-xii-to-pac

Every Day Should Be Saturday has a new funny one, Behind the Music-style, about the breakup of the Big 12:

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2011/9/8/2412677/when-the-band-broke-up-the-oral-history-of-the-big-12

• Fire 1
Hello all. I'm looking for the link to the Big12 parody where there all the schools are high school cheerleaders or something. I know I read it here but can't seem to google it.

Here's the one where they're all cheerleaders:

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2010/6/4/1500646/the-rumormill-the-big-xii-to-pac

Every Day Should Be Saturday has a new funny one, Behind the Music-style, about the breakup of the Big 12:

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2011/9/8/2412677/when-the-band-broke-up-the-oral-history-of-the-big-12

Thanks, that's the first time I'd read the VH-1 Big 12 special.

Larry Scott says PAC-12 not actively seeking new members. This is the second time he has said this in the past month.

Mike Slive said that about the SEC YESTERDAY, but said they would be stupid not to listen when A&M came calling. It's all languaging. With Baylor flinging about its lawsuit threats, conferences HAVE to claim they aren't looking. BUT, if they are approached by a school, they can listen. That way, they prove that they did not interfere with other conferences, but were approached by schools. It's a CYA.

• 2 weeks later...