A&M to the SEC is approved

VectorVictor

From what I am hearing, SEC approved Texas A&M to join, if the Big 12 would not sue. Big 12 agreed that it would not sue, however that did not include the individual schools. What I also heard, is that every school with the exception of Oklahoma won't waiver the right sue the SEC or Texas A&M, unless Oklahoma says its committed to the Big 12.

Personally i think this is bluff from the other schools and if i was Oklahoma and Texas A&M, i would call their bluff. Texas A&M is already leaving the Big 12 no matter what, Oklahoma should just continue exploring their options and if they leave, let the Big 12 crumble, once it does and the dust settles, Texas A&M should have no problem joining the SEC.

But i agree, this is a mess, thankfully, not Nebraska'a mess.

im confused

1. what can Baylor sue for? Can I sue people for not doing business with me?

2. Is Baylor the ONLY freakin school that has ANY balls to stand up to all of this ...or is this a situation where everyone but them( and probably ISU) has a press release ready to go announcing their succession assuming aTM leaves and the dominoes start falling..

my head hurts. it seemes like a whole lotta people with no business or sports background making a lot of very big decisions. pretty much all of these AD/Presidents have no business background...more educational/figurehead background...no offense to professors, but running a business and teaching business are a long ways apart.

im confused

1. what can Baylor sue for? Can I sue people for not doing business with me?

2. Is Baylor the ONLY freakin school that has ANY balls to stand up to all of this ...or is this a situation where everyone but them( and probably ISU) has a press release ready to go announcing their succession assuming aTM leaves and the dominoes start falling..

my head hurts. it seemes like a whole lotta people with no business or sports background making a lot of very big decisions. pretty much all of these AD/Presidents have no business background...more educational/figurehead background...no offense to professors, but running a business and teaching business are a long ways apart.

From my undestanding, Baylor is interested in filing a lawsuit to question the legality of Texas A&M's change of conference.

i guess they all signed some 10 year deal they wouldnt leave and got paid....what a mess.

loved this article from Pat Forde...damned funny.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6941542/baylor-bears-biggest-obstacles-texas-aggies-join-sec

"Adding to the absurdity is the fact that the league's power brokers are shrinking back in the shadows while the midgets wrestle. Last summer everyone said Texas held all the cards, and that Oklahoma was a major player in whatever happened as well. Yet today their futures are tied at least in part to Texas A&M and the Big 12 bottom-feeders."

that is funny right there..and I dont care who you are...

Just remember, folks--anyone can sue anyone else for anything at any given time. Hell, I could sue all of you for lookin' at me funny. Doesn't mean I'll win...hell, it doesn't even mean the case will be heard (judge could toss it out on its ear, like Baylor's case), but I can still threaten to sue and have you spend money, time, and resources you'd rather use elsewhere.

And Baylor has no leg to stand on in this case--it's thinly disguised, poorly executed posturing that well beyond tardy by 1.75 years. The only party that could seek relief is the Big 12 conference office itself, as the members delegate authority to that organization.

Now, if Baylor were to sue the Big XII and Dan Beebe for malfeasance...then we're talking about a barn-burner of a case that has legs and could net Baylor (and the other have-nots) a lot of money.

But just remember what happens with Baylor's litigation threat--all of the dirty laundry, backroom discussions on the record but never released, and all of the communique between schools and/or the Big XII from back to when NU and CU were leaving all comes into the public eye.

Do you really think Dodds and Beebe want to be set up in the public eye as any more the idiot and egomaniac that they are already colored as? Texas is already having a hard enough time spinning this as it is--just image what would happen if the truth got out.

Just remember, folks--anyone can sue anyone else for anything at any given time. Hell, I could sue all of you for lookin' at me funny. Doesn't mean I'll win...hell, it doesn't even mean the case will be heard (judge could toss it out on its ear, like Baylor's case), but I can still threaten to sue and have you spend money, time, and resources you'd rather use elsewhere.

I don't really care that much about ISU, KSU, KU, and Baylor (they have all said they will fight A&M's departure), but they do have a point. If the B12 dissolves they don't have the luxury of parachuting out and are totally screwed. You could argue who cares, but it will be pretty sad that post-B12 an entire swath of the country between the west coast and Mississippi will not be represented by a major conference. There are perennially mediocre programs in all the remaining conferences and as it sits now, the B12 is still stronger than the Big East, ACC and possibly Pac.

tl;dr blame Texas, the B12 leftovers have no choice.

I don't really care that much about ISU, KSU, KU, and Baylor (they have all said they will fight A&M's departure), but they do have a point. If the B12 dissolves they don't have the luxury of parachuting out and are totally screwed. You could argue who cares, but it will be pretty sad that post-B12 an entire swath of the country between the west coast and Mississippi will not be represented by a major conference. There are perennially mediocre programs in all the remaining conferences and as it sits now, the B12 is still stronger than the Big East, ACC and possibly Pac.

I have absolutely no sympathy for these schools. They voted against us, said good riddance as we left, put their eggs in a burnt orange basket, and now will reap what the have sown.

I have absolutely no sympathy for these schools. They voted against us, said good riddance as we left, put their eggs in a burnt orange basket, and now will reap what the have sown.

I couldn't have said it any better. They pledge loyalty until that loyalty leaves them behind. Right now it is all about saving face. OU doesn't seem to care too much about that loyalty either right now